Episode V: Mortal Reminder
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Oh, silent and erie night. Many stars shine upon all. The Luxanna tower, a beacon of light. A symbol of Progress and Unity in Humanity. Shines through the gray clouds of Lumina Prime. Let's go aaaaaaalllllll the way to the top. Lysandra leans on the balcony, glass full of wine on her hand. Shades for the bright neon lights, gloves for the cold touch of the night, in her translucent night gown, shining-shimering-splendid. She looked into the distance, down at her city. Bothered. Something on her mind? I don't know either.
 
"Ma-Ma... Bed Time..."
 
Little kid tap-tap-taps to Lysandra, holding a tablet and rubbing her eye. Mommy didn't notice. Baby girl tugs her mommy's dress.
 
"Hmm? Oh-Forgive me, Nyx. What was it again?"
 
"Sleepy..."
 
Lysandra picks up Nyx.
 
"Yes Baby, Let's go to sleep."
 
Mother-child enters the master bedroom. Lysandra tucks her baby girl under the bedsheets. Hand on her chest, she admired her daughter. Awed. Brush, Brush. Side the bangs, smooch. Felicia enters through the elevator, with a bottle full of freezing iced coffee. Noticing both of them on the bed, she whispers, "Sorry if I'm late. Had to hit up my buddy Vic to get on the game." Lysandra gives a short smile, Felicia nods. She sneaked her way to the GAMING PC SET UP ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM, FULL RGB, WATER COOLING, WRIST REST, ERGONOMIC CHAIR, BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD, MOUSE AND HEADSETS(HER HEAD DENT IS DEEPER THAN THE MARIANA TRENCH).
 
"Raskolvich, you there?"
 
Felicia laid back on the chair, surfing her phone while spinning around. Bored, but mostly tired. Surviving only by the caffeine. Night is young for a bodyguard. Just beside Felicia's corner, a bathroom sliding door opened. Pwooooshhh~ A noticeably younger man exits, fixes his short hair and chevron mustache. The bathroom itself suited him in a robe, and he's out. Acknowledge Felicia on the way with a "Hey" and a five, then joins Lysandra on the bed. He looks at her, she smiles.
 
"What"
 
She shakes her head.
 
"Yup."
 
The man surfs the interne-"Join me outside, Gavin." He drops the phone and follows her outside.
 
Lysandra led Gavin to the grand balcony, held his hand, and gazed. Lost deep in his eyes.
 
"This city... Ever since we arrived... Built it from the ground-up. Lumina Prime... We called it our home. "
 
He pulls her close, arms around her waist. She sighs, and looks down. Something moving behind Gavin.
 
"Darling, I d-"
 
From the shadows where the light from inside the penthouse can't reach, A tall, sleek figure rises, followed by a low accented voice, "Hmmm... I thought this would be harder. You walked right into me."
 
Lysandra tapped her man's arms, Gavin turned around and whipped out the TazZzer from his robe.
 
"You're not allowed here, bud. You're wanted for trespassing, immediately."
 
Slim shady stranger used a cane to get up, "Is that so?"-- "Don't move." Gavin pressed.
 
"I merely want to talk. It's hard to reach a person lavishly living in a beaming tower."
 
Lysandra pulls her man behind. Eye to eye with the devil, to his sinister to you're not scaring me, sister. The Luminary is NOT fazed. Chin up and look down. Slim shady stranger chuckles.
 
"Confident?"
 
"And Charming, no thank you."
 
Smirk from ear to ear, "Witty, are you? Love it. Wish we can sit down and hang out. Unfortunately..."
 
Slim shady stranger steps into the light. Our main big bad antagonist himself, in his full glory, the devil himself, sussy king Jerma! Donned a blood-colored suit, tailored to accentuate his fit, muscular physique and narrow waist. Intricate demon-inspired designs adorned the suit, with sinuous patterns winding across the fabric like tendrils of darkness. His chest and abdomen were boldly exposed, revealing chiseled muscles beneath the crimson fabric. Around his neck hung a necklace adorned with gleaming crimson gemstones, resembling droplets of blood that cascaded down his abdomen, adding to the aura of dark allure. Jerma grinned a perfect white teeth, his dark eyes stared down Lysandra, covered by a dark leather mask, featured horn-like protrusions framing the eyes and jagged edges around the nose. "I'm here to topple the queen and make room for my people. Jerma, it is a pleasure to finally meet the Luminary herself."
 
Lysandra looks inside the master bedroom, Felicia is focused on gaming. She tries to control her chest puffing fast, but she's slipping in the cracks, her lips are shivering. Still, she stands. Gavin shoots Jerma with the taserBRRRZRZRZRRZRZTT. The sussy king took the shot with no reaction whatsoever. Gavin couldn't believe his eyes, "holy crap, I thought you were faking-You really are inhuman!"
 
Gavin reaches for his emergency signal inside his brief, quickly pres-Jerma breaks his fingers with a swift gesture of his hand. Gavin tries to scream in pain but Jerma shuts his mouth. Lysandra's shell breaks, "Gavin!"
 
Jerma swoops his hand, Gavin's legs swoop too, making him fall on his back, BAGGAG! Floor cracks, so did Gavin's back. Knocked out, Lysandra falls down.
 
"GAVIN? DARLING ARE YOU STILL WITH ME?!"
 
Gavin gave no response. Lysandra hugs his head, caressing his cheeks. Her tears dropping down his face. Jerma struts in circles around them. Leaves rustled.
 
"Don't worry, Lysandra. We'll take very good care of your city. "
 
"You won't leave this city in one piece. (THE ONE PIECE?!) Lumina Prime will be on lockdown and they'll parade your body once you're found!"
 
Jerma's head bumped back, he couldn't believe what she just said. "And we're supposed to be the demons. My goodness..."
 
Jerma stops in front of the two, flips his cane and aims it at Lysandra, "Well then, let's make this quick, shall we?"
 
Lysandra hugs Gavin. She peeked inside once more, her baby Nyx, still sleeping. Jerma raises the cane and-SHEEEOOOOOWWWWW DODGES THE UNKNOWN PROJECTILE AT THE LAST SECOND. The sussy king leaps back and searches the rooftop. There she is, scales and fangs herself, the Scarlet Serpent. FLING! SHEOOW Jerma dodges, weaves, ducks and retreats without putting much effort. Now he's leaning by the balcony edge, away from Lysandra and Gavin.
 
"Mmmmrrggg... Slut Serpent..."
 
"You have some nerve coming out here alone, Jerma. You're in my territory now."
 
Our main protagonist and antagonist had a staredown, stand off. Cane swinging, slingshot steady. Her head is focused on her prey, while her body sways like a snake, adjusting positions.
 
"Ugh, stop inserting yourself into this, you annoying cunt. This has NOTHING to do with you."
 
"Oh, this is personal, bitch. This IS my business, MY whole shtick, you fag."
 
Alexa on the intercoms gasped, "Vee! We talked about this! Don't say that wo-" Vernadette muted her. She brings up Damien on.
 
We zoom out of the balcony and pan down a bit. Just a few buildings away, a helicopter with colorful spikes and painted blood traversed through. Inside was Damien and an accomplice piloting. He's face to face digitally with Vee.
 
"The intel was right. We surveyed the area, and reporters are already near standby."
 
"Nyehh, 5 channel vans, to be exact. Noted 2 to 5 per station reporters waiting. Nyeh..." He sounded exactly how this emoji would've sounded: 🤓
 
"Thanks for the info, Jalo. Let's head up and meet Vee and this guy named Jerma."
 
Damien held on to the door bars, feet on skids. Jalo elevated the heli. Commander Raskolvich barges into the penthouse, armed with a rifle along with his NSF buddies.
 
"Yo Vic, Why'd you quit?"
 
"Heads up, Numb Nuts. They're already outside."
 
Felicia was like, "oh shit", jumping out of her chair. Vic handed her a secondary, and they charged out to the balcony. Jerma sees the reinforcement coming his way, he keeps his composure. Standing near the edge, he slams his cane to shatter the glass footing, standing his ground. Behind him, A HUGE NEXUS SECURITY FORCE TILT-THRUSTER AIRCRAFT EMERGES. It was wider than a bus, bigger than the tower's whole balcony. Jerma was spotlighted, Scarlet Serpent retreated. He looked at her like, "Why shy now?" With an eye brow raise. Vernadette's chest then started pushing her forward, as if someone was pulling her. She stuck her foot to the ground, but the pull was too strong and her grip was coming loose. AND ZA WAAAAARRRUUDDOOOO!!!! THE WORLD COMES TO A HALT! Let's stop for a moment to discuss this clusterfuck HAHAHAHAH
 
 
 
How exactly does Jerma push people around like a knock off Darth Vader's the force? Well, you see, In this universe, there are two aspects to existence: the physical world and the spiritual world. In the physical world, we see people as their physical bodies made up of flesh and bones. But spiritually awakened individuals can perceive the soul as a separate entity from the physical body. Demons, being naturally sentient in the spiritual world, possess the ability to influence or control living beings. When Jerma "pushes people around," he's not physically manipulating them like Darth Vader with the Force; instead, he's exerting his power over their spiritual selves. So when Jerma shuts someone's mouth, he's actually affecting their spiritual essence, and their physical body just follows suit. We'll expand into this concept more in the future, but for now, let's get another example, yes? This time, we continue the story. Toki wa ugokidasu.
 
 
 
Jerma activates his spiritual sight. Suddenly, instead of seeing a massive black helicopter, he perceives just five ethereal souls suspended in the air. Among them, two figures are positioned at the helicopter's edge, seemingly armed and aimed at Jerma. With a mere gesture of his index and middle fingers, Jerma exerts his will over these souls, manipulating their movements. In a swift motion, he snaps his fingers, causing the two souls' heads to collide, sending them tumbling helplessly hundreds of feet through the air, dazed and disoriented." As the Punkcopter ascends, A SCREAMING NSF SOLDIER GETS SUCKED INTO THE HELI'S ROTORS, GRINDING AND SPLASHING HIS BLOOD TO RAIN DOWN THE STREETS. What's left of the man's body splats to the ground. Damien and Jalo freaked out, swaying the punkcopter around.
 
"OH NYOOOO!!!!"
 
"SHIT!! S-Shit..."
 
Damien held on tight as he could to the bars, wiping the blood and meat on his face. His fingers trembled, unsticking the flesh on his body. Jalo puked all over the cockpit. Jerma, with both hands, soul-grabbed the two other solder's necks and forced them away to the other side. Raskolvich open fired at the mysterious figure as he was dragging Gavin's knocked out body off the ground. Felicia helped Lysandra get on her feet. The bullets bounced off Jerma's back like a paper ball. SHEEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWW-BWUUUUSH!! A BIG BALL PIERCES THROUGH JERMA'S CHEST but wait... He's regenerating? His demon body is patching up the massive hole where his heart is supposed to be?! Vernadette let go of her grip off the ground and leaped towards Jerma with her fang daggers.
 
"Let's go on a little ride, shall we, girls?"
 
Jerma turned around and pushed Vernadette to the side. He then dragged Lysandra's body to himself. Felicia screamed "NO!", holding the Luminary's hands, trying to pull her away from Jerma. Vee hit her head on the balcony bars HARD, I'm talking head dizzy hard. Her body fell lifeless just near the edge. On her left was a hundred feet of certain death. She forced her eyes closed.
 
 
 
Felicia's hand slipped from her sweat, and Lysandra comes flying at Jerma. She grunts, running after them both.
 
"Madam Luminary!"
 
She leaped like those Secret Service guys, the "SIR GET DOWN!!" typa pounce. Felicia pulls Lysandra's body and THROWS HER BEHIND like a player saving the basketball before it goes out of bounds. Felicia slams into Jerma, making them both crash onto the NSF helicopter. Jerma holds on to the heli's skids, while Felicia hugs his leg. She tried to look up but was met with a rapid foot down her head. Felicia closed her eyes and held tight. Jerma, despite wanting to force her down, he knew that using his demon force would also drag the heli down.
 
"You are so annoying, Butch. Let go, right this moment and kill yourself!"
 
Felicia, with a grin on her face, looks up with daring eyes.
 
"Nah, I'd rather pass out first and buy time. I'm afraid of heights."
 
Jerma Ugh'd and just continued stomping down on Felicia's hardhead. Back on the crumbling balcony, Vernadette slowly regained her composure, but her vision is still blurry. She keeps on hearing Alexa's voice from her ear piece. The helicopter lights are blinding her.
 
"Vee?! Vee, please! Answer me! Vee!!! GRR!! I'm going there!"
 
She closed her eyes... Her old man's voice spoke to Vee, her chest tightening up, just remembering her father's lessons.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"Breathe in... And out..."
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"Focus... Note the altitude difference... Visualise..."
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"Feel... Your whole body... And the wind that brushes it."
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"What's the direction?"
 
"Lef-no wait. Right now."
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"Make the call."
 
"No, you tell me, dad"
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"Feel it in you, trust yourself and Man'pa"
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"Whenever you're ready, vaby."
 
.
 
.
 
Vernadette releases the sling. The projectile pierces through Jerma's upper right chest AND the pilot's neck. He stumbled inside the swerving helicopter. Felicia was let go, and the NSF heli CRASHED INTO A BUILDING, BIG EXPLOSION! BOOOOOOM!!! She whimpered as she felt the wind gushing up her back. Felicia hugged herself hard, eyes closed and lips trembling.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
THE PUNKCOPTER ARRIVED JUST IN TIME! Damien roped himself to the bars and jumped after Felicia.
 
"Got you!"
 
"What the?! Who-"
 
Felicia stopped questioning and just held on really REALLY tight on Damien, "OKAY, JUST PLEASE, DON'T LET ME GO. I NEVER WANT TO EXPERIENCE SKYDIVING EVER AGAIN!"
 
He tugged the rope, and Jalo pulled them both up. Felicia struggled to get on the helicopter, like when you get off the swimming pool with wet and heavy clothes, right arm and leg first, then the other person pulls you up. Felicia thanked them both while she was catching her breath. Jalo, with the "Autism is my power" cap looked back with an awkward smile and a thumbs up.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
The Punkcopter hovers just above the penthouse. Felicia hops down to check in on Lysandra, "Are you hurt? What's wrong? Are you going to fire me? Please don't." Then Luminary is just like, exhausted, arms crossed and eyes closed, "I'm fine, you're fine."
 
"I'm sorry I couldn't respond earli-"
 
"You're Fine, Felicia. No one expected Him to come at such perfect timing. We should be worried about Gavin. Hopefully, his concussion wasn't bad."
 
Felicia looks behind Lysandra and sees Raskolvich tending to Gavin.
 
"I wasn't in my element! If I just drank a bit more coffee, I could've martial arted him! Like, POW! WATOW! Then KICK! You know?"
 
"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Gavin."
 
Damien gets down the helicopter and approaches Vernadette resting on the wooden table. She weakly stood up and hugged him with a tired expression, whispering "Thank you... You really came in clutch... Thank you, really..."
 
He welcomed her in his arms, allowing her to be weak this one time.
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
Damien, who couldn't take a compliment, just brushed it off like "Don't worry about it, YOU did incredible. Hitting that almost impossible shot? You're actually crazy. You remind me of my boss back then. She's badass too, but she's more ruthless and unforgiving, so I guess you're still better."
 
The two let go, chuckling to themselves. Officer Jed, carrying Alexa, jumped on the balcony. Everyone looked at them lovers. Lex slaps Jed, hand on her chest, "I TOLD YOU TO SLOW DOWN!"
 
Jed gently let her down. Lex stomps her way to Vee, with tears filling her eyes.
 
"Y-You..."
 
Vee pulls Damien in front of her, using him as a human shield. Lex SMACKS Damien to the side, then SMACKS Vee's face.
 
"What did I do?" Damien whispered under his breath, caressing his face.
 
"Oof..."
 
"THAT'S for saying the f word!"
 
Lex slaps Vee's other cheek, "And THAT'S for making me this... T-This...This-AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"
 
Vee chuckled and just hugged her, "I love you too, Lexie-Lex."
 
Lysandra and Felicia examine Officer Jed.
 
"So, you are Leah's best unit, hmm?"
 
"Yes, madam. It is a pleasure to meet you."
 
"Damn, he's big. Big big. If you can, will you replace me with him?"
 
Lysandra rolls her eyes. Felicia laughs by herself.
 
"Hey! That's my man! C'mere, hubby!"
 
Jed followed immediately. Lysandra looks back inside the penthouse. Nyx is still sleeping, somehow, despite all the noises.
 
"This place isn't safe anymore... We have to move."
 
Gavin joins the two, Raskolvich followed.
 
"You're right, this place is dangerous. We have to move somewhere, a place no one knows about."
 
"Gavin, you just repeated what I said."
 
Gavin hugs her from behind, chuckling to himself. Raskolvich pulls out an image from his phone, "My grandfather used to have a bunker that his forefathers built. We used it during the Demon Invasion. I can let you all stay there for a while, it's mine now anyway. Family Heirloom."
 
Felicia takes his phone and looks at it with wide eyes. "Daaaamn, all this? W family." "Don't fucking take my phone, man."
 
Lysandra nodded, "It's decided. We need to move out of the city, for the betterment of Nyx. Let's have a meeting tomorrow with Leah and the others."
 
In the other group, Lex is getting acquainted with Damien.
 
"And that's my old friend over there, Jalo, also an ex member of our mob before."
 
Jalo smiled and waved. Just smile and wave.
 
"Hi baby! Aww, he's so cute! And awkward!"
 
Damien looked Lex in the eye with grim dark eyes. He dictated in monotone, "He dropped an oil tanker on a building, detonating and killing everyone there in the process."
 
"Oh..."
 
Alexa covered her mouth, the other hand down her chest, "Oh my god..."
 
Vernadette nodded and had a face that says "Shiiiit, that's fucking cool as shit". She then sees Lysandra and her group approaching them. Vee faced the Luminary. The tension is still present between them.
 
"Look, I appreciate what you did tonight."
 
Vee crossed her arms and looked away. Lysandra cups her face, "I said look, Vernadette."
 
Vee gave her a gaze of defiance. Lysandra looked down in response.
 
"I... I still want you to leave the mantle of Scarlet Serpent..."
 
"That's not what I wanted to hear."
 
"I know, but see that I come from a place of concern. You've seen them going after me and my family... You don't want them to go after yours, right?"
 
Lysandra gently turns Vernadette around to make her look at Alexa and the others. Jed helps Lex up the Punkcopter. Damien waits behind for Vee.
 
"They're your family now, embrace the present and live for the future."
 
Vernadette brushed her off, "Don't tell me what to do. I'll hunt Jerma down faster than any of you can."
 
Lysandra sighs. "Then let me help you."
 
"We're more than capable of getting the job done."
 
"If they take me down, the whole city will fall under Jerma's hands. Morale will crumble and the residents of Lumina Prime will panic."
 
"Okay? What do you want? You have the whole city to defend you."
 
Raskolvich intervenes, "That's where you're wrong. It was reported that there have been demons amongst our ranks. They were able to infiltrate us that easy, this fast."
 
Felicia backs him up, "Yeah, and we don't know how many of them, or who they are. We need people we can trust in this escort operation"
 
Lysandra holds Vernadette's hands, "Please, do me a favor, and I promise to owe you."
 
Vernadette pulled her hand away from Lysandra and joined Damien and the others. The Punkcopter starts to ascend, Vee looks back at them before getting in with the others. She pulls up her phone and hesitates to call a contact named "Almund". Verna looks up at the moon, just like Stacy is. Jerma boards the yacht, dripping with seawater and blood on the floor. Stacy lets everyone on the ship know that the boss is here, caretakers rushed to the king, the glorious king, my sussy king, the one and only true king. Sussy wussy Jewmwa 😍
 
Oh boy, here we go. Dear pookie wookie bear, Jewma,
 
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. I have loved you ever since I first laid my eyes on you. Your silky smooth touch around the rim, and that gorgeous jump shot. I would do anything for you, I wish it was possible to freeze time so I would never have to watch you retire. You had a rough childhood, but you never gave up hope. You are even amazing off the court, you're an amazing husband, father, sometimes I even call you dad. I forever dread and weep, thinking of the day that you will retire. I would sacrifice my own life, if it were the only thing to put a smile on your face. I remember when you first left the Cleveland Cavaliers, it's like my heart was broken into a million pieces.
 
From yours truly,
 
Mogus Lebon bon #1 fan lover meat rider ledick sucker
 
Woah, got a lil... Uhhh... Got a lil passionate for a moment there. Mb g, let's go back to the story.
 
Jerma's skin glowed red, still radiating heat from the explosion he had endured. He took a deep breath, his chest rising and falling with the effort, before his form shifted back to that of a human. Caretakers in black furry croptops (men and women) swiftly approached, their hands gentle as they removed his scorched suit and tenderly dabbed his body with cool, wet cloths, offering relief from the searing pain. His lean, sexy, body. His oily, muscular but not bulking body, very lean, very petite. Just enough ass plumpness, small waist, his pants sagging GYAAAATTTTTTTTT Oh wait, what's.... W-What's that inbetween your legs, Jerma-sama? N-Nani?! I.... Is that a.... D-Dick?! Nah I'm just kidding HAHAHAHAH I'mma stop playing HAHAHAHAHA
 
 
 
"Jerma."
 
"Stacy, baby, the negotiation is over. What are you still doing here?"
 
"It's.... I...."
 
Jerma motioned for her to follow as he entered the cabin. Instantly, the candles flickered to life, while the red curtains parted, allowing the moonlight and chilly sea breeze to permeate the room.
 
"Do you doubt me?"
 
"N-No sir..."
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"Good, never, and I say NEVER! Never question me and my authority. Now then, sail your way to the Evanescence Islands. Valorin should not be kept waiting."
 
Stacy looked down, her fingers fidgeting nervously. Jerma adjusted his long sleeve, buttoning it from bottom to top.
 
"What... What exactly am I going to do there?"
 
"Ugh, we've been over this already. You're going to the islands, let Valorin's undead escort you to th-" WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! U-WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
 
A baby's cries pierced the air. Jerma swiftly headed over, tending to the baby with practice ease. He picked her up and cradled the little demon baby.
 
"Ugh! Now my baby's disturbed!"
 
"Sorry, sir."
 
"Go! We have much to do."
 
Stacy looks at the red demon baby. Jerma stares at her back, with an eyebrow raise.
 
"Any questions?"
 
"Are you gay?"
 
"I TOLD you NOT to question anything about ME!"
 
"But you told me t-"
 
"What, do I need four big guys grabbing my thighs, blowing my back like the fourth of July?"
 
"I get it, you're bi, at least. She's cute. What's her name?"
 
Jerma placed a bloody pacifier in the baby's mouth and gazed at her, his eyes filled with tender affection, reminiscent of a mother beholding her newborn child.
 
"Baby Erina... Forced offspring from a cunt I didn't know..."
 
Stacy shook her head, did she hear that right?
 
"YOU RAPED SOMEONE?!"
 
"Nonsense! Did you really think that I'd.... I'd do it with a w.... Woman?! As far as I'm concerned, I was the one raped. Back in hell, we were forced to... Breed... Concubines, they branded us."
 
"Without consent?"
 
Jerma shook his head, eyes closed, "And you wonder why I wanted to escape that hell hole. What a bunch of animals."
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
"So, how'd it go?"
 
Jerma locked in, eyes out the window, goals in the horizon. "I gave her a Mortal Reminder, that should've scared her away. Now we proceed to the next phase."
0