Episode VI: Executioner’s Calling
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==============Firefly News==============

FADE IN:

 

EXT. CITY SKYLINE - NIGHT

 

The camera pans across the glittering skyline of Lumina Prime, settling on the sleek and modern Firefly News logo. A stylized firefly hovers above the text, emitting a soft glow. The motto, "You would not believe your eyes," appears underneath in a complementary font. A dynamic music theme sets the tone in the background.

 

HOST (V.O.)

"Welcome back to Firefly News, your go-to source for the hottest updates around Lumina Prime. I'm your Anchor for today, Humphrey, and we're here to cover the fire around the city on the fly, bringing you the latest news with the speed and precision of fireflies in the night."

 

CUT TO:

 

INT. FIREFLY NEWS STUDIO - DAY

 

The HOST, HUMPHREY, sits at the news desk, a serious yet engaging demeanor.

 

HOST

Police sirens woke up the city of Lumina Prime. Starting as early as 5:30 AM, the LPPD and the Technomagica Patrol mobilized cruisers around the Luxanna Tower. Reasons as to why are currently undisclosed; some speculate that this may be linked to the attack at the peak of the tower last midnight. However, the crowd and nearby residents expressed sentiments that the police response was unlike anything they've seen before. Some even said that the force was excessive for a mysterious reason- What was that? Right, on it. Show the pictures right now, on the screen.

 

INSERT: Slideshow of recently taken pictures of important government officials entering the Luxanna Tower.

 

HOST (cont'd)

Just in, we have reports of the major branches of Lumina Prime's security representatives entering the Luxanna Tower. Chief Nadir, Captain Huando, Leah Rakishi, and Sheiss. What is happening? The people need answers! God! Jennie, take it away!

 

CUT TO:

 

INT. FIREFLY NEWS STUDIO - CONTINUOUS

 

CO-HOST, JENNIE, takes over at a separate desk, her expression conveying urgency.

 

CO-HOST

"A quick update on the Jocelyn Defamation Lawsuit: the legal team representing Lysandra, the current Luminary, has filed a cease and desist not only to Jocelyn Starr, a popular internet personality, but also to Presidential Candidate Duck's campaign managers. Starr has been accused of spreading misinformation to her followers, encouraging them to attack the opposition, and advocate for Duck. The President's legal team alleges that Duck has been spreading false information and engaging in defamation against the current administration. The order demands that he immediately cease these activities or face potential legal consequences.

 

This development comes amidst escalating tensions between the two campaigns, with accusations of misinformation and character assassination dominating the political landscape. Both sides have yet to comment publicly on the legal action, but it underscores the increasingly contentious nature of the race."-

Jocelyn hurriedly turned off the news broadcast on her phone, her face flushed with anxiety. "Oh my god... I-I-I don't know w-what to do! You guys told me we were in the right!"

 

Durt interjected, his voice brimming with fervor, "WE ARE RIGHT! They're just... They're just wrong, shutting us down and taking away our freedom of speech..." then he went back to pacing back and forth, his restless steps echoing the turmoil in his mind.

 

Meanwhile, Marc leaned against the wall, seeking solace in a moment of introspection. With closed eyes, he rested his head, silently grappling with his own thoughts amidst the chaos.

 

"Marc! What are we supposed to do?!" Jocelyn's panic escalated, her words tumbling out in a frantic stream.

 

"Okay... Okay... Okay... Just... Keep quiet for a minute..." Marc's attempt to calm the situation was met with resistance.

 

"I-I can't!" Jocelyn exclaimed, her nerves getting the better of her.

 

"SHUT UP, PLEASE!" Marc's patience wore thin as he struggled to maintain control.

 

Jocelyn, in a panic, reached for her alcohol, drinking the pain away, "I should've asked Damien first...."

 

"Come on! Let's just go in. Duck is inside, we need to have a meeting." Marc took charge, leading the way into the apartment building.

 

As they hurried through the narrow corridor and up the stairs to the third floor, Jocelyn hesitated, pleading to call her boyfriend for support. But Marc, focused on the urgency of the situation, urged her forward.

 

Finally, they reached the golden door, where Duck awaited them, casually blending fruits and smoking outside, his lack of attire, a surprising sight. Just a robe, his dick's just hangin around.

 

"Hey! Take a seat," Duck greeted them, seemingly unfazed by his state of undress.

 

Marc and Jocelyn, taken aback, shielded their eyes as Durt chuckled.

 

"Duck, please. Can you at least put on some boxers? We don't have ti-"

 

"Hell no! It's a show for the lady! What a surprise, huh?" Duck's nonchalant demeanor added an unexpected twist to the tension in the room.

 

"HELL YEAH BROTHER!" Durt chimed in, finding humor in the situation.

 

"I-I didn't want to see... T-That..." Jocelyn stammered, clearly flustered by the scene.

 

Marc, resigned to the situation, simply sighed and took a seat. Duck, unfazed, faced the fireplace, offering a bottle of wine. "Relax, you've done great so far. Let me, and my colleagues do the rest. Let's have some wine!"

 

As Jocelyn reached for her vape once more, Durt discreetly closed the door and locked it, sealing them in for the meeting ahead. Just like how the Nexus Security Force sealed the door inside the Luxanna Tower shut, the four representatives made their way inside. Lagging a bit, Huando and Leah seized a moment to confer quietly, their whispers barely audible."This fast?" Leah muttered under her breath."Just keep cool," Huando replied, right before Nadir's voice cut through the tension. "MOVE IT! Let's go!" he barked from the reception area.

They navigated through the building, eventually stepping into an expansive room bathed in natural light, its walls made entirely of windows and a sliding glass door marked by distinct L-L handles. Inside, Lysandra and her team awaited. Felicia, leaning casually against a large circular table, was engrossed in the hovering holograms, while Raskolvich stood at the whiteboard, fine-tuning the strategy for "Operation: P.E.T.A.H." The NSF maintained a vigilant presence outside.

"They're here," Felicia announced, turning towards Lysandra and Raskolvich. Sheiss led the others into the room, bowing respectfully before Lysandra. "We are here," he declared.

Acknowledged with a nod from Lysandra, the four were beckoned closer to the strategy table. Raskolvich, capturing everyone's attention with a tap on the board, dove straight into the briefing.

"Good to have you all in this escort mission. Let us get right into it."

He underlines the title: "Operation: P.E.T.A.H."

"There are impostors among us. Within the residents, and even in our ranks. For all I know, there may even be ones inside this very room. But the cleaning is to be delayed, as much as I want to break every single one of you, crack your fucking skulls open, there is a high priority at the moment."

Leah looked at Huando, but he didn't flinch.

"There was an attack on the Luminary's life a few hours ago. This should never have happened in the first place if you idiots have just done your jobs."

Nadir couldn't resist a snide remark, aiming it back at Huando, "Well, my team's on top of our game—hunting demons is our forte. It's the TP that's dropping the ball, letting them into the city. Waste of funding, in my opinion."

Unmoved, Huando didn't give Nadir the satisfaction of a response.

"No one permitted you to speak, Nadir. Stapler your mouth and tape your eyes open. Back to the matter at hand, it is not safe for the Luminary to stay in the city."

Raskolvich taps the board, "Protection, Evacuation, Tactical Advance to Haven. It is self explanatory, we all know what to do. Protect the Luminary and evacuate her family to the bunker far away from the city. There will be three SUVs, one of them is where the Luminary and her family will be, while the other two will be decoys. I will not disclose which is which."

Lysandra accompanies Raskolvich on the board and crosses her arms, "Leah, I assume you already know that I will be taking Officer Jed from your department? He'll accompany me along with his maker."

Everyone looked at Leah, who's staring into the distance. She snaps out of it and stumbles on her words, "O-Oh, yes. Uhhh, Alexa and her robot friend. I have no objections, Miss Luminary."

Felicia's gaze sharpened, suspicion flickering in her eyes towards Leah and Huando. With a snap of his fingers, Nadir jeered at them, "Hey Lovebirds, BE ON ALERT! WAKE YOUR SORRY ASSES UP!"

In response, Huando seized Nadir's hand, his tone a mix of irritation and command, "Enough, just stop."

The two hairy hunky men went toe to toe. The atmosphere thickened as Nadir, unphased and smirking, taunted, "Aww, going to call your mommy now? I wonder which one, your girlfriend or your mother?"

Huando, his nostrils flaring with each heavy breath, remained stoic, his gaze fixed ahead, attempting to ignore Nadir's provocations. He closed his eyes and just looked forward. Nadir chuckled, "Looks like Leah didn't protect you this time, did she finally realize how little of a man you are?" Then laughed loudly. His mockery, drenched in disdain, unsettled everyone. Yet, Raskolvich, witnessing this display with growing disapproval, subtly signaled his discontent with a measured turn of his head. With a sharp click of his tongue, Raskolvich instantly commanded the room's attention, silencing any chatter without uttering a single word. His authoritative presence was felt through a deliberate tap on the whiteboard, drawing every eye to him and slicing through the air of tension. In this moment, his leadership was unequivocal, a testament to his ability to galvanize focus without resorting to conflict. Leah, rising to her feet, voiced her recent struggles, "I've been swamped with paperwork. But, I assure you, my focus is renewed."

Lysandra gave a nod of approval. "Good."

"This operation is critical to our nation's security, let us get this done, and let us get this right. Nadir, your team is closest to the SUVs, which positions you to manage the mine sweepers and monitor for subterranean threats. In the event of an ambush, you will spearhead the escape, guiding the three SUVs away from the target point while the patrols engage the enemy. Understood?"

"No problemo."

"I will be in one of the SUVs with the signal jammers. Huando, your task is to ensure a clear path, avoiding any pedestrian delays. We aim for swift, uninterrupted progress. You will receive the route in real time, so stay vigilant."

"Yes, sir."

Raskolvich outlined a critical phase of the operation on the outskirts of Lumina Prime, "Upon reaching this point, the LPPD and the TP will disperse. I want every single one of you gone. There will be specialized NSF units waiting outside the city. From then on, it's on us. Clear?"

Affirmations came from Leah, Huando, and Nadir. Sheiss inquired about his team's assignment, "Excuse me, if I may ask, What is my team's role in this?"

"Sheiss, good question. The Sentinels will be on standby. I want you to monitor the situation from up there, the atmosphere. We want real time updates on our location and progress with your satellites. IF, and IF, only the situation escalates, then the jets and spaceships are free to engage in. BUT! That's an IF, huge emphasis. We do not want to gather any more attention."

Sheiss nodded solemnly. "You have our full support from above. I wish you all good luck, and may this operation be successful. God Bless Lumina Prime."

Raskolvich points at Sheiss, "He said it, he did the thing, the closing remarks. Let's do this people! Go! Go! Go!"

With that, Sheiss, Leah, Huando, and Nadir quickly left the room, joining their eager colleagues outside, ready for the mission ahead. Raskolvich leaned against the table, taking a sip of water. Lysandra offered a comforting touch to his shoulder. "You did exceptionally well, Vic."

 

Felicia grinned. "You're like those generals in the FPS games we play. Cool and badass."

 

Raskolvich and Felicia exchanged a fist bump. Gavin entered, cradling a sleeping Nyx in one arm and carrying a large bag of essentials in the other. Lysandra greeted him with a kiss, showering affection on both her husband and their baby girl. Gavin placed the bag on the table, and Lysandra eagerly unzipped it to inspect its contents.

 

"Everything here?" she inquired, sorting through clothes, documents, and gadgets.

 

"Yup, all set," Gavin confirmed.

 

Lysandra planted another kiss on Gavin and Nyx. "Great job, you two. The SUVs are waiting in the garage. Head to the third one, okay?"

 

With Nyx in his arms and the bag in tow, Gavin exited the room, ready for the next phase of their journey. Lysandra led Felicia and Raskolvich outside the room and headed inside the building. The two gossiped as they walked, "Vic, remember the bet we had?"

"What are you talking about?"

"About Huando and Leah?"

"Do you think so?"

"Yeah, I think so. They're are acting differently lately..."

"I noticed that too."

.

.

.

.

.

Felicia and Raskolvich looked at each other, "They broke up."

"Tape your mouth, there is no way. They probably just had a misunderstanding."

She nudge his arm as they bantered" Yes way!"

"Nuh uh."

"Yuh uh, they did."

"I know Huando, he told me of his plans on marrying Leah in the near future. No way he fucks it all up."

Felicia gasps, Lysandra looks at Raskolvich with a nosy look.

"He plans to marry her? Damn, W mans"

The trio paused at the entrance to a ladies' restroom, exchanging hesitant glances. "This is where we'll have our meeting?"

"Yes, I let them in through the garage. Attracts less attention that way." Lysandra explained, stepping in confidently while her companions lagged behind.

"I really should not be entering a women's restroom," Raskolvich protested, only to be swiftly tugged along by Felicia, reassuring, "You'll be just fine."

 

As they encountered a group of women leaving, curious eyes fell on Vic. Felicia quickly covered for him, "He's just a soul finding her way in a man's shell." "Absolutely n-," Vic started to object. "Absolutely yes. She's navigating her journey of transformation. Please, no judgments," Felicia interjected, firmly. Raskolvich murmured his discomfort about the meeting spot, but Felicia urged, "We're here now. Let's just roll with it."

Approaching the restroom, a medley of aromas wafted through the air. Inside, Officer Jed and Damien were engrossed in evaluating scented candles.

"This Nebula one is divine."

"Hmm, I prefer Icelands, but I see why you'd prefer Nebula."

Vee and Lex were sprawled on the heated floor, chillin and relaxed.

"Girl, even the comfort room looks like our living room. I can literally lay here on the carpeted floor and I wouldn't get any germs. We should get this for our apartment!"

"Our bank statement says no."

Upon Lysandra, Raskolvich, and Felicia entering, Vee rose to greet them while Lex remained lounging, looking at them sideways. Damien and Officer Jed joined the newcomers. The men found themselves in an unusual standoff in the ladies' room. Raskolvich, with a playful nudge, inquired, "You guys exploring your gender identity too?"

Damien grinned, "Nah, they said I was a masc goth tomboy."

Jed added with a laugh, "Lex claimed she's physically challenged and I'm her robotic aide. Had to act the part—'robot mode' on entering. Sometimes, you just gotta play your part." Their shared laughter brought a moment of genuine connection amidst the absurdity.

"We've briefed the delegates, and they're now outside, waiting and on standby. The operation commences once the SUVs exit the Luxanna tower. I need you and your friend Damien to slip out without being seen."

 

Vee and Damien nod in understanding. Lysandra shakes Jed's hand, saying, "Officer Jed, Dr. Alexa Amaz," (Lex dies in the background, "Augh! Noooo! My full Government name!") "you'll both accompany my family. Damien and Vernadette will survey the buildings for any sharpshooters."

 

Felicia nudges Raskolvich, quipping, "Good thing the cars have roofs. Otherwise, it'd be a mind-blowing experience." Lysandra rolls her eyes and walks out, with the others following suit. Felicia lingers behind, chuckling to herself.

==============Firefly News==============

HOST

We interrupt your program for some enlightening news! It has been hours ever since the overwhelming squad of Lumina Prime Police Department and Technomagica Patrol surrounded the area around the Luxanna tower. We have been trying to get a statement from the officers ever since about why such a massive gathering is being held, unfortunately, we have received no information since they are refusing to answer any questions. Just in, a while ago, the delegates have been seen exiting the Luxanna tower. Right after, the officers entered their perspective vehicles. Could it be that what ever this event is, it is going to commence right at this moment? Updates on the streets near the area, it is in utter chaos as the battle between the protesters and the police continue to brew. We have mr. Fin Humbleberry on the ground to report, Fin?

 

The camera pans to a wide dirty street filled with protesters blocking the way for the Technomagica Patrol. Smoke and dust cover the area, shouts, chants, and grunts ring everyone's ears. Not only are there workers and journalists peacefully protesting for clairvoyance about the current state of Lumina Prime, there have also been reports of delinquent students from nearby universities throwing makeshift bombs and molotovs at the reinforced armed police. There have also been reports of gang members running around causing unnecessary fights. Our reporter, Fin, is on the scene, hiding behind their channel bus.

Fin: UHHH.... UHMMM... WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?! I-UHH, I'M CURRENTLY DOWN HERE....

A presumingly gang member grabbed the microphone from Fin, "FUCK LYSANDRA, SHE CAN GO SUCK MY COCK, DUCK AGAINST CUNTS! DUCK FOR LIFE! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!"

Fin tries to grab the microphone back from the man, but fails to do so. The camera man turns around and sees a bunch of reserved and calm people in slim business suits walking towards the chaos instead of running away like many of the civilians.

HOST

Fin? Fin, answer me. Bahh, let's get back to you, we have an even more important news. Three SUVs just exited the Luxanna tower, and now the LPPD are escorting these three vehicles. Listen, I know we aren't allowed to report information that is not factual, but lemme just say this. Is our president bailing on us? Rumors and conspiracies on the internet spread that this entire operation is to save the Luminary and her family from the mess she promised to fix! LYSANDRA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

==============Firefly News==============

An AEA patrol and a denim-clad demon chuckled as they watched the news on their phone. Suddenly, they were interrupted by the sound of a grappling hook latching onto the roof's edge. "What's that?" the demon asked.

Damien grunted as he ascended the rope to the rooftop. The AEA patrol drew his gun and aimed it at him. Swiftly, the demon disguises herself into a normal civilian and throws the sniper rifle she was holding inside the rooftop room full of brooms and mops. Her skin slowly turned from a red to brown pigment like adding milk to black coffee. Damien reached the rooftop and retrieved his grappling hook, only to find himself staring down the barrel of the AEA patrol's gun.

"Why are you here, citizen? You're not authorized to be in this area. I order you to come down now, or you'll be arrested," the patrol demanded.

Damien raised his hands in surrender, "Hold it, officer. I mean no harm. I just wanted a better view of what's happening down below."

"Didn't you receive the advisory to stay indoors? It's not safe for you out here," the patrol insisted, edging closer with handcuffs at the ready. The totally normal lady in the back looks around, "Wait, I hear leaves rustling-"

She didn't waste any time, heads towards the access room, hand on the doorknob and SHHHHEEEOO-BWUUUSH!! HER HAND POPS LIKE A BALLOON, BLOOD SPLASH TO HER EYES! She stumbles back, the AEA looks up and sees Scarlet Serpent on top of the access room. He aims th-DUG! Damien knocks him out via butt of his Deagle to the officer's nape. The lady hugs her decapitated arm and cries in a fetal position. She tries to cry out for help but Scarlet Serpent drops down and steps on her mouth and heel to her vocal chord, shutting her up and locking her jaws for biting.

"Enough theatrics. I saw you transform. Drop the act," she demanded.

And so the demon gyal did. She just gave S.S. a defiant stare, her mouth and nose still stepped on by the heel. Damien approached the scene, voicing his concern, "You are cold. Don't you feel any empathy for her? I know she's a demon and all, but it makes me uncomfortable seeing you brutalize a human-disguised demon."

"She's a demon. Demons aren't humans, they're parasites. Nothing but worthless maggots feeding on us. She won't hesitate to kill you, just know that. If only we didn't need anything from her, I would've killed her by now."

Scarlet Serpent retorted, unfastening her chain of grenades and passing them to Damien. "Here, take these grenades. Regular bullets won't do. You need to blast them to smithereens."

Damien secured the grenades around his waist as instructed. Suddenly, the demon woman mimicked a finger gun gesture, aiming it at Scarlet Serpent.

"What's she doing?"

The nail POPS out from her fingers and fires as a bullet up to Scarlet Serpent's chin. Her skin-tight energy shield activated, rupturing with a powerful burst that sent everyone reeling. Scarlet Serpent crashed into a nearby room, while Damien stumbled dangerously close to the rooftop's edge. Meanwhile, the demon swiftly regained her footing and leaped to another building. He gets on his feet and tries to help Scarlet Serpent up, but she points to the demon running away, "She's getting away! Go after her!"

With a nod, Damien sprinted after the fleeing impostor demon. He JUMPS over the traffic and chaos below and rolls over to the other building. Damien's pulse raced as he bounded across the rooftops, his boots clattering against the concrete. With every step, he closed the gap between him and the demon disguised as a human. Suddenly, the demon spun around, he drew his pistol and aimed it at her. With a guttural growl, she ripped an air vent from the building's facade, the metal shrieking in protest against her inhuman strength. Grunting with effort, she hurled it at Damien with terrifying force.

Time seemed to slow as Damien's instincts kicked in. He dropped to the floor, feeling the rush of displaced air as the vent grazed his hair. Adrenaline surged through his veins as he regained his footing, his Deagle already in hand. Without hesitation, he unleashed a barrage of gunfire, each shot ringing out like thunder on the silent rooftop. The demon lady extended her hand, attempting to exert control over the bullets, but they tore through her flesh like a hot knife through butter, leaving her hand resembling a shredded mess. With a hiss of pain, she sought refuge behind a nearby pillar, her remaining hand shaking uncontrollably. Frantically, she slipped her hand under her belt, fingers fumbling as she reached for a handful of crimson, steaming bullets.

Breathing heavily, she clenched the bullets between her teeth, her lips curling back in a grimace as she struggled to load them into her finger guns. Most of the ammunition slipped from her grasp, clattering to the ground below, as frustration welled up inside her like a raging inferno.

Damien remained in his calm posture and steady breathing. He reloaded his pistol and aimed his gun at where he last saw the demon. Then he hears a gunshot, but upwards? He thought it was a distraction, so he ignored it. But then he hears an eerie whistling sound of a bullet gliding through the air. It was curving?! The bullet completely defies the laws of physics as it travels up, then left, then towards Damien. He reacted as fast as he could, covering his head with his metal prosthetic arm. The bullet was stopped, but it left a big dent on the metal. He stumbled back by the force received.

"You can't curve a bullet... Can you?"

Damien's voice betrayed a hint of uncertainty as he spun around, mimicking a pitcher's motion before squeezing the trigger. Yet, the bullet streaked forward on a straight path, confirming his expectations. With a relieved nod, he muttered, "Okay, good. Silly of me to doubt my physics teacher," under his breath.

As Damien regained his focus, the demon lady emerged from her cover, unleashing a hail of bullets in his direction. Then she curves the bullets to him. He rolls to the side and hides behind an air conditioning unit. He feels the vibration to his back after hearing the deafening sound of bullets hitting metal.

The demon lady f-SHHHHEEEOO-BWUUUSH!! A HUGE METAL BALL BREAKS THROUGH HER ARM BONES! AAARRRRMMMM BOOONESS! ARM BONES?! AAAAAAARMMMMM BOOOONESSSS!! Now she a lady with no hands. With lightning agility, Scarlet Serpent lunges forward, delivering a powerful sidekick to the demon lady's midsection, forcing her into a crouch. Seizing the opportunity, she swiftly wraps her arms around the demon from behind, hoisting her off the ground with deceptive ease.

Then she SLAMS her to the ground. Using her own body as a restraint, she pins the demon in place, preventing any chance of escape as she maintains a vice-like grip, her muscles coiled with tension and determination. The serpent stuns her prey using her body. She whispered into the demon lady's ear, her voice barely a breath, "Where... where are the other assassins?" The demon lady responded with a grotesque display, sticking out her tongue to lick the dusty floor before shockingly slicing it off herself.

 

Scarlet Serpent winced in disgust, her frustration boiling over as she seized the demon's head and forcefully slammed her face down with resounding impacts. BAM! BAM! BAM!

 

In the midst of the chaos, Damien descended from the rooftop, drawn by the disturbing sounds echoing below. The slushy noises and anguished cries compelled him to intervene, fearing for Vee's safety. However, as he reached the scene, his heart sank at the grisly sight before him.

 

Scarlet Serpent stood drenched in blood, her hand trembling with a mixture of adrenaline and dread, her ragged breaths filling the tense air. Damien's gaze met hers, a silent exchange of understanding passing between them. His eyes flickered to the corpse lying in a pool of crimson, its features unrecognizable.

 

"Verna..." Damien began, his voice laced with concern, but Scarlet Serpent cut him off with a sharp retort, "Don't... Don't call me that right now..."

 

Taking in the gravity of the situation, Damien tentatively suggested, "Have you... Tried therapy?" Before they could delve further into their conversation, the abrupt sound of gunfire shattered the moment, snapping their attention to the source.

 

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! They heard multiple gunshots to their right. She missed the location, but Damien noted the sound coming from the park just across the street.

"Where?!"

"The area around the street, a few miles away from where the escort is heading. I'll check the bookstore, you check the public library."

The two went their separate ways. Back on the ground, the Technomagica Patrol is clearing the way for the three SUVs. Right now, they are dealing with these suit people who have inhumane strength. The TP have opened fire against these suit wearing impostor demons. The first SUV driver picked up a radio call, it was from Huando: Hey, do you know which SUV it is? Our demons can't hold it out no longer, they goin have to run away.

The first driver SUV contacts the second driver SUV through the car touchscreen display, "We have a message from Captain Huando to the Luminary, there seems to be demons on our path, attacking the Technomagica Patrol."

.

.

.

"I thought you had the Luminary? Must be the third then, contact them."

The first driver SUV ended the call and contacted Huando back, "The Luminary is in the THIRD and last one. I repeat, THIRD and LAST ONE." Raskolvich is in the back seat, looking at the driver with deadly intentions. Back on the front lines, Huando is driving his truck. The impostor demons seem to be ignoring him and attacking the other TP vehicles. He calls a contact, Yor Honor, on his phone.

"Yor, she's in the third SUV. Do your thang."

We zoom out and into a bookstore, where a bunch of red demons in black stretchable full-bodysuits are hiding. The demon assassins covered their faces with red cloth.

"Brothers, sisters," the voice cuts through the silence, thick with anticipation. "Bart has signaled. Positions, now. The moment is upon us."

A collective murmur fills the air as Yor's acolytes respond, their voices rising in a solemn vow, "By Yor's hand, may our strikes find true."

Repeating their oath four times, they scatter into the shadows,

"Yor Honor, guide our aim"

"Yor Honor, guide our aim"

"Yor Honor, guide our aim"

"Yor Honor, guide our aim"

Then the assassins dispersed, leaving Yor inside the bookstore. He wipes his fingers, then inserts the crimson bullets.

Third... S...U...V...," he murmurs, eyes narrowing through the lens of his scope. He saw the demon impostors running away, letting the TP move forward. The LPPD follows, and then the three SUVs arrives after a turn. Yor gently placed his telescope down a box of newspapers. He leaned out the windows, and aimed his finger gun at the sky. He fires four shots, BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

 

a tableau of tension and resolve. Alexa steers determinedly, while Jed remains vigilant by her side. In the back, Lysandra, Nyx, and Gavin are a mix of alertness and concern, the child's peaceful slumber a stark contrast to the unfolding drama. The child is sleeping again, despite the chaos. The Luminary holds her husband's hand, "It hurts me to see our home in such a state..."

He kisses her hand and holds it with a tight grip, "We will get through this, Honey. I just know it."

Amid the chaos, Alexa navigates the SUV at a steady 40 mph, her focus unyielding despite the uproar. From the high-rise buildings, a cacophony of shouts fills the air, accompanied by a barrage of garbage raining down on the cop cars below. The disarray outside mirrors the tension within.Suddenly, Lex and Jed's attention snaps to the distance. Four bullets, resembling rogue fireworks, slice through the sky. However, instead of harmlessly fizzing out, they veer off course, swerving with unnatural precision to hone in on their SUV. The bullets' deadly trajectory sends a wave of panic through the vehicle. Alexa and Gavin's cries of alarm are swallowed by the cacophony of shattering glass. "JED, DEFEND US!" Alexa's command cuts through the chaos.In response, Jed's mechanical limbs, a marvel of engineering, spring to life with inhuman speed. Mere inches from their intended targets, he intercepts the bullets, his movements a blur of precision and power. The police lights embedded in his shoulder pads flare to life, and a piercing siren blares, signaling his shift to defensive mode. His eyes ignite with a brilliant blue flash, the visual hallmark of an AI protector poised to counter any threat.With a display of strength that borders on the supernatural, Jed tears the roof off the SUV. The air is punctuated by Lex's gasp of disbelief. "JED! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" she exclaims, her voice a mix of shock and awe.

"Stay inside. I've got this," Jed's voice is a calm anchor amid the storm, even as he clambers onto the top of the SUV. With a magnetic grip anchoring him against the buffeting winds, he positions himself as a living shield for his companions within. Meanwhile, Lex frantically contacts Nadir, "PLEASE GET US OUT OF HERE!!"

Nadir's voice crackles through the communication link, laced with frustration, "I knew the TP was useless. Huando, clear your cruisers from our path and let us through. I'm routing the three SUVs away from the danger zone."

The night air is shattered by the echo of gunfire. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Five shots ring out in rapid succession, originating from every conceivable direction around the street where the SUVs navigate their perilous escape. Jed, unfazed, activates his 360-vision goggles, toggling from far to near sight. The bullets, each one a harbinger of death, fly towards them from the sky, skim the streets, burst from the sewers, and thread through narrow windows and tight spaces. Yet, Jed, with unparalleled precision, intercepts each projectile, his actions a testament to his advanced capabilities.

Turning his attention forward, Jed notices the lead SUV swerving erratically. Atop its hood, the demon driver and Raskolvich are locked in a deadly struggle, each determined to throw the other off.

"Finally... G-Good to see... Your ugly face... Before I put you six feet under...." Raskolvich taunts.

"I'LL EAT YOU, THEN I'LL TAKE YOUR IDENTITY!!" the demon driver retorts, the threat dripping with malice.

As the second SUV accelerates to close the gap, Felicia, from the backseat, rolls down her window and cocks her shotgun with a decisive click. "Eat this, fucker," she snarls, her voice a harbinger of retribution.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! SHE FUCKING EXPLODES THE DRIVER'S GOTDAYUM HEAD LIKE A FUCKING BALLOON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FUCK EM DEMONS, AMIRIGHT? FUCK EM! THEY CAN ALL DIE!

As chaos unfolds, Felicia extends her arm just in time for Raskolvich to grasp her hand. The first SUV, now leaderless, veers off course and crashes into a pole with a deafening crash. Raskolvich clings to the door of the second SUV, his feet dragging against the pavement at breakneck speed, his shoes disintegrating, stripping away the road's surface layer by layer.

The LPPD attack helicopter executes a swift maneuver, positioning itself ominously before Officer Jed. In a flash, Jed taps into the helicopter's onboard systems, his face grim as he learns the tracking missiles have him marked. Squatting low, he initiates the charge of his unique power. The circles on his boots illuminate, their glow intensifying and whirling into a frenzied dance. A vibrant current of electricity snakes from his heels, surges up his legs, and electrifies his entire form with potent energy.In an explosive burst of motion, Jed propels himself toward the helicopter, his body a blur of motion that suggests superhuman speed, if only for an instant. Reaching the aircraft, his metal fist ensnares the rotor blades. With a titanic yank, he detaches them and, in the same fluid motion, hurls the massive structure back at its origin. The helicopter, struck by its own rotor, erupts into a ball of fire in the sky. Jed's skin tight layer of energy shield protected him from the blast. (Invented by the one and only, A.A. <3)

 

Back at his vantage point, Yor tuned into the commotion crackling over the radio, the voices of the LPPD and TP confirming an attack on the Luminary's convoy. A triumphant grin spread across his face, only to vanish as soon as he caught, "The Luminary is unharmed, continue the operation!" His satisfaction quickly dissolved into frustration.

 

From their hidden perches across the cityscape, the other demon assassins launched their own barrage. Yet, as each bullet twisted through the air towards its target, Jed was there to meet them, his deflections flawless. Yor's unease deepened; his record was impeccable, never before had his shots been this way thwarted. This defiance against his skills was intolerable.

 

Resetting his stance, Yor prepared to unleash another volley of his lethal, crimson rounds. His concentration was shattered by the sound of approaching footsteps. Swiveling around, he found himself face-to-face with a human wielding a Deagle. Yor's initial assumption that the intruder was another assassin quickly dissipated as the man leveled his gun at him.

 

"Hold, you're not allied with us?" Yor questioned, disbelief coloring his tone.

 

Without hesitation, Damien fired. Yor instinctively reached out, attempting to manipulate the bullet's trajectory as he would his own. But this bullet obeyed no such commands, tearing through his hand instead.

 

"This is the end of the line for you, demon. My partner and I have already taken care of another of your kind. She's dealing with the rest. I'm on to you." Damien declared, his resolve unyielding.

Yor unleashed a shot, the crimson bullet spiraling towards Damien with unerring precision. Despite Damien's quick sidestep, the projectile, relentless in its pursuit, swiveled mid-air for another attempt on its target. In a last-ditch effort, Damien intercepted the bullet with his metal prosthetic arm. The collision halted the bullet's deadly trajectory, but at a grave cost. The impact left the arm compromised, its surface breached, and its inner workings of wires and circuits sparking in protest. The damage was clear: Damien's control over the prosthetic's fingers was lost, rendering his mechanical hand unresponsive.

"His control over his bullets is even more aggressive than the one we killed-"

Hearing this, Yor couldn't help but reveal a smug grin. "Naturally. I've perfected the manipulation of these sentient demon bullets," he boasted, swiftly launching a series of five shots. Each bullet pursued its target with a relentless vigor. Damien, realizing the imminent danger, made a daring escape, leaping through a window and tumbling onto the adjacent building's roof. Mid-roll, a bullet grazed him, eliciting a sharp grunt as he clutched his side. While three bullets mercilessly struck the ground, the final one sought his head in a deadly arc. In a moment of pure focus, Damien aligned his Deagle with the oncoming bullet and fired. His shot met its mark perfectly, the two bullets colliding and neutralizing each other in a spectacular mid-air confrontation.

Yor walked through the smoke with a smile on his face. With a measure of calm, he retrieved the two distorted bullets from the ground, marveling, "Spectacular... Your aim is remarkable."

Struggling to his feet, Damien leaned against a washing machine, noticing blood smeared on his coat. Breathing deeply, he muttered, "Adrenaline and a clear mind is one hell of a combination."

Yor delved into his belt, extracting several crimson demon bullets. He meticulously fitted them onto his fingertips as if they were extensions of his own being. "Ever thought of mastering the Devil's Trigger? Join me. I'll show you the art of bending a bullet to your will."

"No, Though I want to, No. Our paths are set against each other, remember?" Damien replied, torn between interest and duty.

Yor, undeterred, formed a gun with his fingers, pointing it at Damien, who responded in kind, aiming his Deagle at Yor. "My passion lies in refining my skills, not in Jerma's ambitions or rewards. The prize matters little to me, my followers can have them for all I care."

Damien considered extending an olive branch to Yor, recalling, however, Scarlet Serpent's harsh worldview: "Demons aren't humans, they're parasites. Nothing but worthless maggots feeding on us."

In the tense standoff, the air crackled with anticipation as Damien and Yor faced each other, weapons drawn and poised for conflict.

Damien's mind raced, wrestling with the profound questions that hung heavy in the air. Were demons truly the soulless creatures he had been led to believe? Or was there a depth to them, a complexity that defied the simplistic labels of good and evil? Were demons merely as Scarlet described them?

In that suspended moment, the rigid lines of black-and-white morality began to blur, revealing shades of gray that had long been overlooked. The dichotomy of demon and human, once so stark, now seemed fraught with ambiguity. Could it be that demons, despite their otherworldly origins, possessed the capacity for individuality and moral agency?

The weight of these questions bore down on Damien, his grip on his weapon faltering ever so slightly as doubt crept into his heart. His gaze locked with Yor's, searching for answers in the depths of the demon's eyes.

For Yor, this moment was a revelation, a glimpse into the cracks of Damien's resolve. The flicker of uncertainty in the human's eyes spoke volumes, echoing the doubts that had long plagued Yor's own existence. He sensed a kinship in Damien's hesitation, a shared recognition of the complexities that defined their respective worlds.

Silence hung heavy in the air, broken only by the rhythmic pounding of Damien's heartbeat.

.

.

.

.

.

The tranquility of the moment shattered as a frantic voice blared through Yor's radio, ripping through the air like a blade. His heart clenched in dread as he listened to the desperate cries of his comrades, their voices drowned out by the echoes of agony and terror.

"M-Master Yor! The others are not answering! I'm the only on- AAHHHH!! SCARLET SERPENT!! HELP M-"

With trembling hands, he raised the device to his ear, pleading for any sign of life from his fallen brethren.

"KEL?! ARJAN?! TIISH?! ANYONE, ANSWER ME!"

But all that greeted him was a symphony of anguish and final gasps. Yor froze for a moment until he heard a cold voice coming from Damien's phone, "Damien, are you done with the demon at the Bookstore? I've already disposed of the rest of them."

In that harrowing silence that followed, Yor and Damien exchanged a somber glance, an unspoken acknowledgment passing between them. They understood the cruel fate that awaited them, bound by circumstance to clash in a battle neither truly desired. For Yor, it was a vow to avenge his fallen kin, while Damien found himself thrust into a role he never sought.As Damien attempted to bridge the chasm between them with a gesture of empathy, he was met with a frigid stare from Yor, whose allegiance lay with his fallen followers. A whisper to Scarlet Serpent sealed their grim fate, setting the stage for the inevitable showdown.

"Leave him to me..." Then hangs up.

A moment of silence for the two lasted for quite a while. Damien whispers, "I don't... want to do this-" Yor quickly raised his finger guns and open fired at him. Damien gets a grenade from his belt and throws it at Yor, rolls to the side.

In the ensuing chaos of gunfire and explosives, each shot fired was a testament to their conflicting emotions and resolve. In a spectacular one in a million chances, Yor and Damien had a shootout so perfect and precise, most of their bullets hit each other. Tears streaked down Yor's face, blurring his vision as grief and rage consumed him, tarnishing the precision of his aim. Meanwhile, Damien gets shot twice more, battered and bleeding, remained steadfast in the face of adversity, his calm demeanor a stark contrast to Yor's turmoil. Yor's demon bullets fell to the ground because of his reckless moving, while Damien ran out of ammo for his Deagle.

As the dust settled and their weapons fell silent, exhaustion weighed heavy on their bodies, each breath a testament to the toll of their clash. Yor, driven by a desire for vengeance, charged forward with reckless abandon, while Damien, battered but unbowed, fought to survive.

With every blow exchanged, Yor poured his anguish into his strikes, Damien received the blows in Yor's honor, like a friend listening to another friend's vents. Each hit turns his skin purple, bruises and cuts burst out of Damien's skin. A gesture of solidarity, absorbed the punishment with unwavering resolve. Eventually, survival instincts took hold, and Damien delivered a final, decisive blow, the impact reverberating through the silence that followed. Smashing Yor's face straight into concrete. As they both struggled to catch their breath, Yor's voice, strained and weary, pierced the stillness. "I... I will remember you, Damien... When I meet my maker... End me..."

.

.

.

But Damien, his focus consumed by his own wounds, could only shake his head. "Even if I could... I won't..."

.

.

.

.

With nothing left to give, Yor slumped against the rooftop's railing, while Damien leaned heavily against the wall, their fates intertwined in a dance of tragedy and defiance.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

From a distance, Damien's eyes fixated on a familiar truck parked outside a lavish building, a knot forming in his stomach.

"That's... That's the same truck that we saw back at the warehouse..."

"What is it?" Yor's voice quivered with uncertainty, sensing Damien's unease.

"That man on the balcony... I feel like I know him," Damien muttered, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "I just... I can't see clearly from here."

Without a word, Yor handed Damien his specialized telescope, adorned with demonic carvings. Peering through the lens, Damien's worst fears were confirmed. It was Marc. But what he saw beyond Marc shattered his world, unleashing a torrent of emotions he had suppressed for too long. His old self, his destructive self, his self full of hatred.

With a sudden eruption of fury, Damien's teeth gnashed, his breaths ragged, and his fists clenched with a trembling intensity.

"Damien, what... What do you see?" Yor's concern was palpable, but Damien's focus was elsewhere.

"My lover... Jocelyn... She's half naked with Durt and Duck," Damien's voice cracked with raw emotion, his anguish pouring out in every word.

Yor's mind raced, recalling Jerma's mention of Duck. But before he could utter a word, Damien's rage boiled over. He dropped the telescope and pulled out a chain of grenades. He angrily pulled their pins, one by one, and threw them at the luxurious building with an alarming shout. Marc heard the shout and saw the grenades coming after him. Marc ran inside the building and BOOOOOOOOOM! A HUGE EXPLOSION HAPPENED RIGHT INTO THE BALCONY! THEIR BLASTS RIPPING THROUGH THE AIR WITH DEAFENING FORCE. GLASS SHATTERED AND FELL DOWN THE BYSTANDERS BELOW, THE DEBRIS FROM THE BALCONY CRUMBLED AND RAINED DOWN THE STREET.

Inside the luxurious building, chaos ensued. Marc scrambled for cover as the blast tore through the balcony. The apartment room was filled with smoke and flames. Marc warned them all to get out of the building now! Duck ran away naked by himself, disregarding anyone else. Durt grabbed towels and covered himself and Jocelyn up, then they both ran down the stairs. And through the thick amalgamation of hot smoke and dust, a grappling hook pierced through and latched on to the ceiling. Marc stumbled back, scared for his life. He can hear someone zipping through the rope. Then Damien appears and drops to the room's floor. His demeanor had transformed, his usual calm demeanor replaced by a seething rage. He gestured a finger gun and with ruthless precision, he fired a crimson bullet, shattering Marc's femur and sending him crumbling to the ground in agony. Desperate and terrified, Marc pleaded for mercy, but Damien's fury knew no bounds.

"AAHH! WHY ME? I DIDN'T HAVE SEX WITH YOUR WIFE! OR GIRLFRIEND OR SOMETHING! PLEASE, SPARE ME!"

Damien yelled at Marc, demanding answers, his voice having a hint of Yor's combined, "WHERE ARE THEY?!"

As Marc whimpered out a response, Damien's resolve hardened. With reckless abandon, he unleashed a barrage of bullets, each shot a testament to his burning rage. Marc embraced his leg and cried, "D-Downstairs!!"

"JOCELYN!!! JOCELYN!!! GET BACK HERE!!"

Outside, the neighbours peeked our of their doors to see what's happening. Damien pointed his gun at them, scaring them away. "JOCELYN!!! JOCELYN!!!"

Rushing downstairs, heedless of the chaos he left in his wake, Damien burst through the door to confront Duck and Durt. But what awaited him was a betrayal beyond comprehension. There they are, Duck and Durt inside a limousine, and Jocelyn arguing with them outside. Duck points behind Jocelyn and she notices Damien aiming his finger gun at them. This is it, this is the moment to use the Devil's trigger! Use the crimson bullet to swerve around Jocelyn and hit Duck! Now's the time! But before Damien could pull the trigger, he was stopped. Stunned even. Jocelyn, who he thought was a ride or die lover... Protected Duck? She reached her arms out, widening her reach to block the Limo... Damien couldn't believe what he was seeing... His lover, once his anchor in a turbulent world, now stood in defense of the man she had betrayed him with. The realization hit Damien like a freight train, his heart torn asunder by the ultimate betrayal. All this time, he thought that demons were the scariest, but at this exact moment, he learned that humans can scar you deeper than any demon can... The world around him vanished, all he saw was her and him. Everything was white, everything was clear. Then he sees a bullet exiting through his chest... He looked back, on the third floor, Marc, stabbing his back even though he spared him. Then Damien looks back at Jocelyn, she's now inside the limousine. Durt leaned outside and fired his semi-automatic at Damien. The world slowed down. Damien felt like he was in third person, outside his body, watching his own self get shot.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"It's all me. It's... always been my fault..."

His ears are ringing, deafening him from the gunshot and voices...

.

.

.

.

"I just can't... Do anything right, you know?"

Vision purposely blurring...

.

.

.

.

.

"I just... Make everything worse... For everyone..."

The gun slips from his weak fingers....

.

.

.

.

.

"Who am I kidding...."

.

.

.

.

"No one can truly change...."

.

.

.

.

"At the end of the day, I will still be the same..."

Bullets open his chest, feeling the wounds he thought have healed...

.

.

.

.

.

"Emotional... Easily swayed... Easily consumed.... By anger..."

.

.

.

.

.

"There's a reason... For everything... Why I keep losing... People..."

.

.

.

"Everything.... Really..."

The final bullet pierces his skull, his lifeless body crumples to the ground. Damien's vision blurs, as death awaits. A... Andrea?

0