Interlude: The Medic Shinobi
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hinata finally got to Sakura's place. When she looked inside she saw Sakura on the other side of the house sitting in a chair with a distant look in her eyes. She had been happy when she found out she was pregnant some months ago, so Hinata didn't know what Sarada saw to think her mother was going through something. She knocked on the door and waited. Sakura had heard but she spent a minute on the chair gathering herself, Hinata waited patiently.

"Hello Sakura." Hinata smiled immediately when Sakura opened the door.

..sigh "Sorry for taking so long, I hope you weren't looking at me?" Sakura had thought about why the person at the door had only knocked once and stayed at the door like they knew she was home and had heard the knock on the door.

"Hey you can't just tell me not to look when it was so quiet in there?" Hinata had looked even before knocking but she was not going to make that known.

"Come in." Sakura said, turning around and inviting Hinata for a sit while she went into the kitchen.

"So I take it Sarada is with Boruto and Himawari?" Sakura said after Hinata had sat. She was preparing tea in the kitchen.

"Yeah. So how is your leave from the hospital going?" Hinata asked of course, beating around the bush.

"It been mostly good, but I don't think I would have liked it in any other situation. Sometimes I don't actually know what to do with my hands if I am not using them to help people." Sakura came to sit while the water was heating up.

"So you know Sarada could finally control her eyes today?" Himawari tried to gingerly approach the question. She also didn't know if Sarada had started being able to control her Sharingan today, from the kids' reaction to the situation it seemed to be likely.

"What? No, I didn't know that." Sarada had evidently not told Sakura. Sakura herself felt like she knew where this was going. She hoped Sarada had not discovered her agitation.

"... She seemed worried about you?" Hinata phrased it as a question to have Sakura fill in the blanks.

Sakura stayed quiet and went into the kitchen preparing the tea. She had wanted to ask her teacher but even by herself she knew what was wrong. Afterall she was the foremost pediatrician in the world. She had saved so many kids that parents brought perfectly healthy kids to her for her to bless them. She had single handedly raised the population of the village in a single generation.

"Is it that bad?" Hinata was expecting an answer quickly but Sakura just keeping quiet made her worry even more.

"No it's not that bad." Sakura felt like she had to make sure Hinata didn't run with her interpretation of the situation. She brought the tea and poured cups for the both of them.

"Then what is wrong, is it the pregnancy?" Hinata asked, now fully invested in what was wrong with her friend. Her thoughts went to the trouble Sakura had with Sarada's pregnancy. At that time she had been devastated at the prospect of Sarada growing up not being a Shinobi.

"... Yes." Sakura wanted to elaborate but her breath caught. She wanted to curl up into a ball. She was afraid. Hinata came beside her and put a hand on her shoulder. They stayed quiet for a while, Hinata rubbing Sakura's back comfortingly.

After a while Sakura collected herself. She hesitated to elaborate again. The idea of saying it made it more real.

"You should look." Sakura couldn't say it herself so she wanted Hinata to confirm for her.

Hinata looked with her Byakugan.

"It seems like his heart is not regular?" Hinata didn't know medical Ninjutsu to Sakura's extent so she didn't actually know if that was a problem, but Sarada seemed to have the same problem when she was a baby.

Sakura's shoulders shook. She knew the problem but she truly didn't want it confirmed.

"Sarada had the same thing. I have saved probably more than a hundred children with the same thing in the hospital." Sakura had tears in her eyes.

Hinata hugged Sakura. She knew what they had to do to have Sarada have a bright future as a Shinobi of the Leaf. There were a dozen things they could do to solve the problem, but none of them would be as effective as that one was on Sarada.

"You know I tried to calm down. I tried to convince myself that I had been through this with Sarada, so this shouldn't be a big deal. I am sure that Katsuyu would agree with this one exception, but it always comes back to why? Why me? Why twice? Are me and Sasuke not meant to have children?" Sakura completely broke down.

"So many parents never go through something like this and those that do maybe only once. Why does Karin have healthy twins while I have to struggle with every one of my pregnancies?" Sakura brought out her dissatisfaction. She had never forgiven Sasuke for what he did. Her sobbing grew.

"Hey, hey it's okay. You are okay and your child is going to be okay. You just need to focus on that. There is nothing wrong with you, alright?" Hinata didn't know what to say in this situation. She held Sakura tighter. It was clear that Sakura had taken this blow hard. She cried on Hinata's shoulder.

"The worst part was that she and Orochimaru had to come with a solution. Why? And why did she come and live in the village?" It was clear that Sakura had connected this situation with Sasuke's wrongs and it had compounded her stress in the situation.

Hinata didn't know what to say so she just held Sakura as she cried and comforted her.

I found this very hard to write hope you like. I didn't know what to name the next chapter so I decided to give myself a little break.  I know it weird that I give myself a break by writing something I find harder to write.

0