Chapter 1: The Cruelty Within
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amelia sat at the dinner table, her siblings surrounding her like vultures ready to pounce. Olivia's voice cut through the air like a sharp knife, "Amelia, you're such a pathetic loser. Do us all a favour and disappear."Amelia winced; her heart heavy with the weight of her sister's words. Charlotte's wicked giggle echoed in the room, "You know, Amelia, everyone at school thinks you're a freak. No wonder no one wants to be friends with you."

Tears threatened to spill from Amelia's eyes, but she bit her lip, refusing to show weakness. Suddenly, Thomas's hand slammed down on the table, causing dishes to clatter. "You're worthless, sis," he growled, his eyes glinting with malice.

Amelia trembled, her body aching from the bruises hidden beneath her clothes. The laughter around her mocked her pain, suffocating her spirit. With a whispered prayer for strength, Amelia pushed back her chair and fled the room, the sounds of her siblings' cruel laughter echoing in her ears.

Alone in her room, she curled into herself, the sound of her stifled sobs blending with the gentle hum of the night outside, a stark contrast to the chaos within.

As the tears continued to fall silently, Amelia tried to find solace in her thoughts, swirled like a tempest in her mind. She hugged her knees to her chest, seeking solace in the darkness that enveloped her. The echoes of her siblings' taunts reverberated in her ears, each word carving deeper into her wounded heart.

"I'm worthless," she whispered to herself, the weight of those words heavy on her fragile shoulders. How could they be right about her? Amelia fought against the suffocating despair threatening to consume her, clinging desperately to the flickering flame of hope buried deep within her soul.

But as she sat there, alone with her thoughts, doubts crept in like tendrils of darkness. What if they were right? What if she was truly as worthless as they claimed? The tears she had fought so hard to hold back now flowed freely down her cheeks, tracing paths of pain and sorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

0