Gongbu City
107 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, the mood around the mansion was somber. Gao Feng still couldn't get the image of her teary-eyed face from his memories.

His mother hasn't cried once, yesterday was the first for him. Suddenly two hands covered his eyes.

" Gao Feng, why the sad face?" 

" Big Sis Meifen, You're back" Releasing himself from her hands, he turned to face his sister.

But his face turned sorrowful and he hugged his older sister. Caressing her younger brother's hair she would soothe his pain with her soft words.

" There, there. Although Uncle Yiqiao has left, don't be sad Little Feng." Gao Meifen crouched down to face Gao Feng.

" Will Master Yao come back one day?" Gao Feng blurted in between his crying.

" That I don't know Little Feng. But when Uncle Yiqiao returns, you will greet him. Right?" Gao Meifen tilted up Gao Feng's chin.

Giving his older sister a nod, Gao Feng finally stopped crying. 

" Little Feng, shall we head down Mt. Yueguang?" 

From the other side of the mansion, a beauty sat alone with a jet-black zither. Every time she flicked the strings, a teardrop fell along with it. A crying fairy wished to see her friend once again.

...

" Young Master Feng and Master Meifen wait for me!!" Fu Wen rushed to catch up with the two siblings.

Zipping down the mountain range, that seemed infinite, Fu Wen tried but couldn't catch up with the monstrous siblings.

An hour later Fu Wen would get her earned rest when she finally reached the gates to the city. There her masters waited for her. 

Looking around the city, Gao Feng was awestruck, the scenery was just so different from the well-kept mansion of the Gao Clan. Here in the city, people were walking in every direction and paid no heed to the two masters.

Wow, this is new. I've never seen so many beautiful ladies. Well of course from Fu Wen, Mother, Older sister, and the other maids. Hmm, Who's that? Who's that burly man with a giant saber in his hand?

Observing from afar, Gao Feng was left behind by Fu Wen and Gao Meifen who kept walking not noticing him stopping. 

The burly man who a red robe suddenly pointed his saber towards another man. The man in green, stared straight, seemingly unafraid.

" Tao Shen, you are really brave, for you to brandish your saber at me." The man in green said.

" Gahahah! Of course, Yu Ye in my eyes you are worth less than an ant." Tao Shen retorted with a heartful laugh.

A crowd slowly started to form out of curiosity. Among them was Gao Feng who watched on nonchalantly. 

" Tsh! How dare you mock me!" Yu Ye drew his spear and lunged forward.

Tao Shen swung from below and redirected Yu Ye's spear. In quick succession, Tao Shen swung down from above. While Yu Ye spun his spear so that went straight towards Tao Shen's heart.

" STAND DOWN!! The both of you!" A man clad in jade green armor commanded.

" We are in Gongbu city, and neither of you shall proceed with your next move!" The man said gripping the saber and spear in each hand.

The two men retracted their weapons and bowed with cupped hands. 

" Greetings, Elder Yuan Yi." Tao Shen and Yu Ye greeted them respectfully.

In Gongbu City under Sage Gao Weizhe's jurisdiction, Elder Yuan Yi was given the right to govern the city on his behalf. Elder Yuan Yi himself was a Quasi-Emperor. While Sword Empress Lin Wenqian was an Emperor, Sage Gao Weizhe was a Quasi-Imortal. 

Elder Yuan Yi did some hand signs and the two men were chained and he levitated them away. 

' So that's an array Grandmaster. I must get Uncle Yuan to teach me the way of Arrays too.'

Just like that the crowd dispersed and Gao Feng caught up to Fu Wen and Gao Meifen and acted like nothing happened.

" Young Master Feng, I shall leave you and Master Meifen for a bit. I wish to see my family." Fu Wen bid farewell and made haste to her home nearby.

Leaving the two siblings to wander around. Gao Meifen followed after Gao Feng who moved continuously, trying to quench his curiosity.

" Big Sis, look. That's a school of Koi fish!" Gao Feng pointed towards a waterfall that separated the outer wall from the first inner wall.

" I wonder if we will able to see one transcend into a dragon in our lifetime?" Gao Meifen said curiously.

' I will make it certain that you see it happen Big Sis Meifen. I will erase the mistake, in which you died.'

" Come, Gao Feng, it is time for the event!" Meifen immediately used spirit essence to bolt past the crowd.

Following in hot pursuit, Gao Feng was not that far behind. Although he lacked in spirit essence, he was sure that his control would not let him fall behind.

In the center wall, was the governor's castle in the middle. And surrounding it were the two super sects that the Sword Empress and Sage created.

The sect created by Lin Wenqian was called the Vermilion Phoenix Blade Sisterhood and Gao Weizhe's Ethereal Harmonium Sect.

While the Ethereal Harmonium Sect relished in spirit arts, the Vermilion Phoenix Blade Sisterhood mainly focused on the path of the sword. Although Vermilion Phoenix Blade Sisterhood only accepts women, the Ethereal Harmonium does not discriminate and allows both genders.

...

Meanwhile, inside the governor's castle, four people sat around a round table. They were Gao Weizhe, Yuan Yi, Zhou Peizhi of the Celestial Spear Pavilion, and Liang Guowei of Azure Saber Sanctum.

Zhou Peizhi was a Grand Elder of Celestial Spear Pavilion and so was Liang Guowei. Both were in the realm of Celestial Ascendant. Which is one realm below Yuan Yi, two realms below Lin Wenqian, and three realms below Dao Weizhe.

In total, for a mortal to become immortal they must get passed the first realm of spirit gathering, and next is Transcendent Novice where they have comprehended spirit essence and can manipulate it to a certain point.

After that comes Transcendant Avatar, where cultivators can use spirit essence flawlessly and slowly dwell into divine power. Then Divine initiate, where one starts to use divine power and spirit essence together.

Of course, what comes next is Divine Sovereign. Where one can control wielding unparalleled authority over the mortal world. Since divine power can be used effortlessly. Above those are the celestial Adept and Celestial Ascendants. Adepts began to grasp celestial essence and Ascendants are masters of celestial essence. 

Beyond those are the paragons who survived many tribulations. They are considered the Quasi-Emperors, Emperors, Quasi-Immortal, and Immortal. 

Those who reach the final four realms are considered Gods and Goddesses. But to truly become a Dao God one must survive against a Tribulation Thunder Storm, if they succeed they ascend and become Gods of the world, as the myth stated.

1