Chapter 6 – Book 1
108 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You have unlocked Erota, Level 1.

“What the hell,” I ask Wendy. “What’s going on? What is this?”

“Did you unlock it?”

“Yes!”

“It’s from the journal,” she says, blushing. “I unlocked it yesterday myself. Apparently, you can use sexual energy to boost your chi.”

I just stare at her.

“Right,” she says. “Sexual energy has a mystical quality to it here based on potentiality. The possibility of sex and reproduction and its endless permutations creates an energy all its own. In this state, we can tap into that to give us a boost. It’s like having another chi point except not.”

“Wendy, it loosened the knot. I can feel it.”

“Really? That’s amazing. Do you think you can use it to fix it? Untie the knot?”

“I have no idea. I’m still figuring this out. I have to be turned on to use it?” I ask.

She’s staying well out of reach, dammit. It’s probably a good thing. The way I feel right now I’d touch her. If I touched her I’d pull her into this bed, whatever Hypa said. I’ve rarely been this aroused.

“Yep,” Wendy says. Her features are still flushed. “When you’re not, you can’t access it.”

“Gonna make fighting kinda awkward,” I tell her.

Wendy nods. She says, “Master Lyda says that it’s a risk. That anybody training in Erota should be careful, otherwise it’s the violence which will turn them on through conditioning and once they start down that path, they’ll become a monster. It would be our duty as monks to put down a person like that.”

“My God,” I say. “That’s like every serial killer ever, right? Turned on by violence.”

“Well, that and the whole psychopathy thing,” Wendy says. “Which neither of us are. Master Lyda says to use Erota for defense, to focus on protecting loved ones and the closeness we’ll develop as comrades in arms, these are things the aroused and enlightened monk should focus on. Love instead of hate. That kind of thing.”

“Makes sense, I suppose,” I say. “And the whole Meditation skill was needed to activate this?”

Wendy nods.

“Why didn’t you just say so?”

She fidgets. “After I unlocked it, I wasn’t sure you’d want to and….” Her eyes tear up.

I reach out but she’s still keeping her distance. I let my hand drop. “You wondered if I’d want to go there with you?” I say.

“I tricked you,” she says. She’s crying.

“No,” I say. “I’m not letting you go anywhere alone. This is our path now. You didn’t tell me everything, no, but I don’t really feel tricked. I would've made the same choices, Wendy. This is awesome.”

“I tricked you!” she repeats. She won’t look at me.

“Wendy,” I say. “Wendy!”

She finally looks at me.

“Maybe you did sorta,” I say. “But I’m not mad about it. Hell, chi-wise we’re both twice as powerful as we were yesterday. Yeah, I’m three times as horny….”

She giggles.

“But I don’t think we can blame each other for screwing up a bit as we adjust to all this,” I say, waving a hand around. “We’re in another world. I’ve screwed up too.” I point to the wound in my belly.

“Where I got you hurt and then tricked you into sexual kung-fu,” she says. “Yeah, I’m doing real well!” And she gets up and marches out of the room.

I look down at myself, tenting under the sheets.

“Just you and me now,” I say. It isn’t funny. I’m worried about Wendy. I’m worried about this knot. I don’t know what to say or do, but unlocking this whatever it is loosened that tangle in my chi. I know that for sure.

I close my eyes, meditate, and explore this Erota business.

 

Erota is sexual energy measured in ranks that a monk channeling chi may add to appropriate checks. It is meant to represent the potential life energies and possibilities inherent in sex. The monk class, the Meditation skill, and a true loving romantic relationship are prerequisites to unlock this skill.

At every rank, tapping into Erota results in a monk’s profound arousal with its normal effects. At rank one, a monk may add one die to any appropriate dice roll check. Also, orgasm will make accessing Erota impossible until such time as the monk is able to once more channel chi. It may be necessary for the monk to return to a meditative state as well.

Please note, most races can subconsciously detect arousal in others and may react on that basis. Personal and/or cultural norms may apply. This is not an effect of Erota but of arousal.

Please note, a few races can detect arousal in others with certainty and may react on that basis. Personal and/or cultural norms may apply. This is not an effect of Erota but of arousal.

 

I know that there are more than the simple signs of arousal everybody knows — erections, natural lubrication, and stuff like that. Pupil dilation, for example. And I’ve heard that human beings produce pheromones that can affect others.

Oh yeah, I’m not human anymore and this is another world. Better access the help menus again.

 

Gnome arousal for males may include penile erection, dilated pupils, erect nipples, increased heart rate, heavy breathing, secretion of pre-ejaculate, and changes in personal scent due to pheromonal secretions.

Gnome arousal for females may include vaginal expansion and lubrication, dilated pupils, erect nipples, swelling breasts, increased heart rate, heavy breathing, and changes in personal scent due to pheromonal secretions.

 

So, pretty much what I expected.

I know I’m not dealing with what just happened with Wendy. We’ve been together two years now and I know how she is. I know that she just got carried away with the discoveries in the journal. I know that she tried out Master Lyda’s technique here with Erota, unlocking it for herself, and I know that she didn’t want to be alone in her “sexual kung-fu” like she said and so, rather than risk me saying no, she went ahead and got me to try it. If there’s a way to give back a skill, Ms. Armstrong didn’t say, so yeah, Wendy trapped me maybe, which wasn’t fair, but is still pretty great or us.

I mean, this essentially doubles our chi pool, right? If I have to get trapped or tricked, I hope it happens like this more often! Twice as powerful as we were before and if we can increase it….

Right, how do you increase it.

 

Character points earned through experience, rewards, and so on may not be used to purchase ranks in Erota.

The only way to advance the Erota skill is through a true romantic love relationship. The person loved must love the monk in return. This opens up enough sexual possibility and potentiality to rank up the skill.

 

Oh. Well. Just the one point then.

Still, I can’t complain. More power is more power, which increases our chances not just of survival but of really enjoying our new lives here. Wendy did good. She’s upset even if she doesn’t have to be. I’m not mad at her at all. I mean, if she’d told me ahead of time I’m pretty sure I would’ve gone ahead with it anyway, like I said. She’s upset with herself because she didn’t give me the choice. She’s thinking she lied to me and maybe she has a point.

At least I never have to wonder if she really loves me. If she didn’t, it wouldn’t have unlocked.

But this Erota stuff is like having my own personal supply of little blue pills. I’m still ready to cut glass even after all the reading I’ve done.

I think about releasing my chi but, dammit, the Erota kicking in affected that knot. Maybe if I keep it up, so to speak, I can loosen it further or maybe undo it entirely.

And, let’s face it, I just like being turned on. If Wendy were here, I might try to get her to help me out. I mean, we can be careful, right? So long as we don’t get too acrobatic?

She could use her hand. Her mouth. Maybe she’d let me reciprocate, even if I am injured and in bed. I wonder if she feels any different inside now as a gnome. Tighter?

The door opens but it isn’t Wendy.

It’s Caedi here to check on my wound and I’m mortified. There’s no way she’s not going to notice my erection. No hope at all. She’ll pull down the sheet and, if she lowers them too far—.

She smiles and gives a little awkward wave as she approaches. She moves toward the bed, and, in my current state, I can’t help but notice the delicious things her voluptuous body does under her robes when she moves. Maybe they don’t have underwires in this world?

I’m pretty sure my face was flushed before she came in. Now, with my embarrassment, I wouldn’t be surprised if my face spontaneously combusted. She has to see that mountain I’ve raised in the sheets, right? Any attempt I make to hide it will only call attention to it.

Oh God. What if she thinks it’s because of her? What if she thinks I’m some sort of creep? Or that I’m the kind of guy to cheat on Wendy? Maybe I better just apologize and get it out of the way right now.

But if she notices the state I’m in, she gives no sign, and she makes no move to pull the sheet down this time, which is odd. Instead, she just holds her hand above my midsection like she always does and closes her eyes.

It’s dark in here and, I can’t be sure, but I think there might be a little color in her cheeks too. That really doesn’t help my state of mind at all.

She frowns.

I take a breath. I’m so going to apologize for the entire male species.

But she holds up a finger and I shut up.

“Something’s different,” she says in her quiet voice.

I say, “Yeah, I’m so sor—.”

“I’d better wake Hypa,” she says and leaves.

I make a point to stare at the ceiling rather than watch her walk away. Which I want to do. Badly. I don’t. Honest.

Wendy hurries back into the room soon afterwards. She’s worried. “What’s wrong?” she says. “Are you okay?”

I gesture down at myself.

She giggles. “She saw?”

“I have no idea. I’m gonna release my chi and hope—.”

“Don’t,” says Wendy.

“Hypa will be here any moment. Whatever Caedi may have missed, there’s no way Hypa will, Wendy. I’ve got to try to calm down.”

“And what if this is the key to untying that knot?” she says. “This is something new that could help. Are we really going to keep secrets from the doctor?”

Yeah, yeah. I’ve watched enough television doctor shows to know that’s a really bad idea. After the first season of House, I probably began telling the family doctor too much, but this is a little different.

Wendy says, “Besides, she’s a beautiful and sexy healer. I bet she gets this kind of thing a lot.” Her smile is a little disturbing.

I’m about to accuse her of enjoying this when Hypa hurries in, frowning, and I’m still capable of poking holes in steel.

I see her studying me, focusing on the area of my wound, and then there’s a little hiccup in her stride, and I know that any chance of getting out of this without humiliation has gone out the window.

Hypa bends to pull over a stool from the corner and when she does I shoot Wendy a panicked look.

For her part, my girlfriend’s trying to school her face into some semblance of innocence and shrugs at me, like she's saying, what do you want me to do?

It’s a good point.

Hypa sits and turns and smiles. It’s a lovely smile. So open and inviting. A smile that makes you feel like an asshole if you don’t smile back.

I smile back but it’s a little strained.

That only serves to broaden hers. She reaches for the covers, and I know she’s going to pull them back as far as she normally does, so I close my eyes and brace myself, thinking of how I should phrase my apology.

Sure enough, the covers are whisked away. The cold hits my johnson and I hear Wendy gasp.

Concerned, I look down.

Yep. Looks like it always does when it’s like that. Purple, angry. Throbbing and leaking a little.

Then I realize it looks exactly like it normally does. I’m a gnome now and this, well, this is just not proportionate. I was slightly above average in size before, according to Wendy who did the measurements and scholarly study one ridiculous evening, and now I’ve still got that human-sized willy but I’ve got it while I’m a gnome.

The only excuse I can think of for not realizing this sooner is that I’m still getting used to all this.

I haven't been fully exposed. Maybe a third of it is poking past the sheets, like a submarine looking around with its periscope. I look over at Wendy, who is staring.

Hypa says, “Now, what’s this?”

But when I turn it’s clear she means whatever is going on inside me. Her eyes are closed and her hand hovers over my midsection. If she’s even realized how aroused I am, she’s not giving any sign of it.

“The knot, as you call it, in your chi flow has loosened a bit...,” says Hypa. “Ah! Erota.” She looks at Wendy, her eyes twinkling. “You’ve been reading Master Lyda’s manual.”

Wendy blushed. “Yes, ma’am. I was curious and—.”

“No need to explain,” Hypa says. “You’ve both unlocked the Erota skill?”

We nod.

“Excellent,” says Hypa. “It is helping. I recommend you continue your meditations because now I’m fully convinced that this obstruction is only temporary.” She sits up, resting her hands on her knees. “I remember Lyda very well. She’d been set upon by bandits not far from here. When I found her, she lay near death with some twenty enemies broken around her. I was only able to delay and comfort her passing for almost two weeks. She’d been working on that.” Hypa nodded at the journal on the bedside table. “And was desperate to finish it before she died. She said she was the last she knew of the Way of the Open Heart order of monks. She would be so happy that her work was of use to you. Who knows? Maybe you’ll choose to revive the order. They were dear to the goddess, you see.”

"Which goddess is that?" asks Wendy.

“Mine,” says Hypa. “Hyparien, the Goddess of Love, for whom I am named. That name is not known to many.” Her smile was brilliant. She cleared her throat. “I seem to remember the, shall we say, side effects of channeling Erota?”

Now Wendy and I are both blushing.

Hypa giggles and says, “I don’t think Mark should be having sex yet but there are other ways to make an offering here and find relief from your meditations.”

“Offering?” asks Wendy.

“This is a temple dedicated to Love,” says Hypa. “We accept offerings of many types. Some give money for healing or for counseling. We advise many with trouble with their mental state or romantic issues. Couples with their problems. But not all pay in coin. Sometimes they choose another way to make an offering.”

“You mean sex?” says Wendy, surprised.

So am I. This ain’t Kansas anymore, right?

“Yes. Or self love,” says Hypa. “Or simply meditating in a loving and gracious state of mind. Any loving act, really. Hyparien is pleased regardless.”

Wendy laughs and says, “Maybe I should become a Priestess.”

Hypa giggles and says, “Maybe you should!”

“So, people come here to have sex or masturbate?” Wendy says.

I know I’m being quiet, allowing them to control this conversation, but I’m a dude. Women talk about this stuff more openly than guys do. I’m fascinated, especially as turned on as I am, and I’m worried that if I do anything to remind them that I’m here, they’ll change the subject, and I really don’t want them to.

“Yes,” says Hypa. “Sometimes.”

“Is there a special way to do it?” asks Wendy. “I mean, a special room?”

“This is a small hospital,” says Hypa. “There are a couple of guest rooms for patients, but no, no special sex room.” She laughs.

“So, if I wanted to, um, make a donation?”

“You may do so.”

“Do I tell you or Caedi or anything?”

“Goodness, no. The goddess will know.”

“So, you don’t have to do anything? There’s no ceremony?”

Hypa laughs. “No. No ceremony.” She taps a finger on her lower lip. “Oh, people let me know so I can afford them their privacy, and there are times when I’ll be asked to witness—.”

“People ask you to watch?” Wendy sounds shocked, but not in a bad way.

“Yes. Some say they want to make sure the goddess recognizes their offering. Sometimes they are even sincere.” She laughs. “Sometimes they even proposition me,” says Hypa. She shrugs. “A priestess has complete discretion in such cases.”

Wendy giggles. “Why Hypa! Are you a pervert?”

Hypa laughs a great belly laugh that does wonderful things to her full breasts under her robe. “Probably,” she says. “But what is perverted in sharing love if it is freely offered and lovingly given? What would be wrong in witnessing such an act if the participants were willing, welcoming, and warm?”

Wendy nods at me. Specifically, down at my cock. “And is he safe to be making any kind of… offering? He’s been like that now for well over four hours. Where we’re from we’re supposed to call a doctor after that long.”

Hypa laughs again and looks down at me. She reaches and pulls the covers down, fully exposing me. “I suppose I should take a look,” she says. She looks at me. “May I?”

I can only nod.

What the fuck is Wendy up to? I think I see what she’s trying to do but why? I mean, I know she’s been turned on like this for, like, a day longer than I have but still!

Hypa’s touch is gentle. Her hands are warm and dry. She turns my erection this way and that. She bends down over me to get a better look and my cock won’t stop twitching. I can feel a cold pool of precum on my belly. Hypa avoids that and my tip. She cups my balls with one hand and closes her eyes. This time I can feel her… scan or whatever it is. A faint tingle that causes me to gasp.

She opens her eyes and looks at me as she takes her hand away. She doesn’t apologize and doesn’t look apologetic and I’m glad. “He seems fine,” Hypa says. She puts a hand over my heart, and I feel the tingle again. “His heart rate is up, but that’s normal. If he weren’t in such good shape, I might be concerned but, barring the discomfort, he should suffer no ill effects for being so aroused for this long.”

Then Wendy says, “Honestly, I’ve been in a similar state since I unlocked Erota yesterday.” She nods at my cock. “And that isn’t helping any.”

“Yesterday?” says Hypa. “Oh my.”

“Yep,” says Wendy. “I’m either going to need more pairs of underwear or go without them altogether, I think. I’m pretty sure I know which Mark would pick.”

Hypa laughs.

“Um, I’m thinking about making an offering myself,” says Wendy.

“Oh,” says Hypa. She stands.

Wendy says in a small voice, “Actually, it’s awkward. I want to do it here with Mark, but I know it’ll set him off and I’m worried he’ll hurt himself.”

Ohmigod

Hypa turns back to us and smiles. She waits.

“Could you… watch?” Wendy asks and it’s almost inaudible.

Hypa sits.

 

2