Chapter 2: Chosen One
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an expansive white space, a blue light suddenly appeared. 

The blue light then morphed into a human outline. 

'What?' 

I put my hand in my chest but I can't feel anything yet I can see my hand touching my chest. 

'Strange, how can I think clearly when I'm dead.' 

"Hehe~ that's because you are currently in your soul form right now." 

I look at the direction of the voice alarmed and my eyes widen at the appearance of a girl in a lotus position. 

Light blue wavy hair that cascades down to her waist, her left eye being ocean blue and her right eye a verdant green, a simple smile on her face that will enchant those that lay their eyes on her and donning a simple white robe with blue lines in it. 

However what really got my attention aside from her beauty is that she looks exactly like the girl I just saved. 

"What...." 

Not minding my shocked expression, the girl got up and walk closer to me. 

"You know~ what you did there to save my proxy was admirable." 

The girl smiled while circling around me. 

"That's why I want to give you a second chance at life." 

'So it means I can be reborn again!' 

I smiled in excitement. 

"Not reallyyy~ I will give you a second life but not in this world. It's against the rules after all." 

My excitement died down as I sighed. 

"However if you accept this contract I will reincarnte you into another world." 

"A world where magic reign supreme and all kinds of fantastical things exist." 

"Will you... Become my chosen one?" 

[Will you become the chosen one of Marina the Goddess of Water and Life? Y/N] 

Seeing a blue hologram appear in front of me I start to ponder. 

"What will I get in exchange for becoming your chosen one?" 

I questioned the smiling goddess whose smile seemed to shine brighter at my question. 

"Of course there are benefits to becoming my chosen one, firstly you will get my blessings which will grant you strength far beyond those of your peers, secondly you'll get a system that I will specifically make for you, and last but definitely not the least if you agree to be my chosen one wellll I. will. be. yours~" 

Marina twirled her hair while smiling. 

'It would be a lie if I say I'm not tempted by the last benefit.' 

"I highly doubt that all those benefits will be for free?" 

I look at this goddess whose smile seems to never leave her face as she let out an aura that made it harder for me to breath. 

*CRACK* *CRACK*

The ground I'm standing on started to crack under the pressure as it's getting harder and harder for me to breath. 

It's as if the air itself is afraid of her. 

"All you have to do is spread my influence using whatever methods you want and kill the chosen ones of all those fucking gods." 

Marin smiled as she withdraw her aura letting Liam breath again.

'Scary' 

[Will you become the chosen one of Marina the Goddess of Water and Life? Y/N] 

The same blue hologram appeared again however Liam didn't hesitate anymore as he chooses to accept. 

A golden scroll suddenly appeared with words on them that made my jaw drop. 

"As per the rules of the highest form of <universal contract>, Liam will now be the chosen one representing the goddess of water and life Marina, their life and death shall be intertwined." 

"WHAT!!" 

I look at this goddess who just shrugged with a smile. 

"Sighhh this is just ridiculous I never thought the last benefit will be literal." 

"It's not as if you weren't tempted by it right~?" Maria smiled loosening her robes just enough to show her cleavage. 

"......" 

"Sighhh oh well I look forward to working with you my goddess." 

I kneel and take her hand, kissing the back of it. 

"Mhmmm~ just call me Maria" 

"Let's start on strengthening you then~." 

"Ready yourself though, it's quite painful after all~." 

Raising her hands she snap her fingers causing me to float as a blue and green light dug inside my chest. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

As the blue and green light kept on reconstructing my body, Maria raised her hand taking the floating golden scroll and whispering <system reconstruction> into it and pressing the scroll into my chest which made my eyes widen. 

"FUCKKKKKKKK" 

~1 day later~

[......] 

[Scanning the body of host] 

[10%...40%...70%...99%]

[Scan complete!] 

[The changing of physique and soul is complete] 

"Hmmmm? Fuck that was seriously painful." 

I rub my head trying to mitigate the pain while laying down. 

Looking at the reflection of myself in the mirror I couldn't help but be awestruck. 

Black hair with eyes that shine with blue and green, a perfectly buffed body as if sculpted by the gods themselves and a face that will cause even the coldest of heart to be moved. 

"How do you feel Mr. Narcissist~?" 

I look up to the beautiful face of this goddess called marina and replied. 

"Painful." 

"Hehe~ it's only natural, after all I basically changed your physique and the essence of your soul." Marina replied playfully. 

"To see the changes just think about the word system and it should appear." 

'System' 

[Liam Alexander] 

[Title(s):Chosen one of the Goddess of Water and Life] 

[Race(s):Human] 

[Bloodline(s):NA]  

[Physique(s):Water and Life physique] 

[System:Origin Devouring System] 

[Power(strength, endurance, defense) :Peak 5th rank] 

[Luck:0.1]

"..... Why is my luck so low?" 

Looking at the number 1 on my luck stat, I look at the smiling Marina for answers. 

"Well since since your system is based on your personality the moment the system fused into you it started to devour your luck to strengthen itself to the point of defying the natural laws of the universe." 

It looks like Marina is also surprised by my system. 

Focusing my thoughts on the words [Origin Devouring System] a gray hologram appeared unlike the blue. 

[Origin Devouring System - this system can allow you to devour literally everything that you put your hands on and/or those you kill, the devoured will be put into a storage space for the user to absorb at his own discretion. - Bound to:Liam]

A short description however overpowered uses. 

'Can this system literally devour everything?' 

I thought doubtful at such strong system. 

[Of course hosts, as long as you touch or kill something or someone you can decide whether to devour and I will take care of the rest] 

'Will others find out about this?'

"No they can't since systems is attached to the souls so unless a God rips out your soul and searches it, the system will be hidden." 

Marina answered teasingly causing me to shudder especially the ripping of the soul part. 

I sighed in relief as I check out the other functions of this system. 

[Chosen one of the Goddess of Water and Life - as the chosen one of the goddess Marina, you will have a unique aura of water and life that can only be seen by other chosen ones and gods.] 

[Water and Life physique - a physique that allows its user to have perfect affinity and 10x comprehension speed on the law of Water and Life, when using the elements of Water and Life their power will be doubled.]

"Huuuuu" 

I exhaled at the sheer opness of my current abilities. 

"Ready to be transported?"

I look at this goddess that I and nodded with determination. 

Marina waved her hands causing the surrounding space around me to distort. 

*RUMBLE*

"I'll be seeing you Marina."

"Sureeee~"

As a bluish green light surrounds me, I look at Marina who is still smiling and said my goodbye as the light fully covered me and I dissappeared. 

"....." 

"The rivers of fate is finally moving again, the pieces are set and the stage is already prepared, gods of pantheon let us see whose chosen one is stronger kukuku~" 

Marina laughs while looking up and dissappearing shortly after waving her hand and destroying the white space. 

Have any suggestions? Leave a review!

0