Chapter 3: Traveling Together
132 18 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Traveling Together

 

"Senior?"

 

Kazuma glanced at Marcus , then understood. "Oh! You're also from another world, senior!"

 

"Heh, that's right."

 

"Senior, I'm Kazuma, 16 years old. Nice to meet you!"

 

"Mm, Satou-kun, I'm Marcus , 20 years old. Nice to meet you too!"

 

The two introduced themselves to each other, and the atmosphere became more harmonious.

 

Although Kazuma didn't possess any special abilities like cheats, his incredibly high luck and occasional moments of insight were still useful in certain situations.

 

"Why did you guys just naturally introduce yourselves?!"

 

Aqua shouted loudly like an airhead on the side, "Do you even know the situation right now?"

 

"What situation?"

 

"I, the wise Aqua, the Goddess of Water, why am I here in the lower realm?!"

 

After saying this, Aqua angrily pounced, grabbing Kazuma by the neck and shaking him vigorously.

 

"Come to think of it, I was wondering about that too."

 

Marcus  touched his own forehead, pretending to be curious. "Why would Aqua-sama, the goddess who guides the arrival of people from other worlds, appear in this beginner village named Axel?"

 

"Well..." Kazuma explained the situation after hearing it.

 

Marcus  nodded after listening, "I see, I understand now."

 

Things were developing just like in the original story. Kazuma was scared to death and ended up in the realm of the dead. Due to the extended selection process, he was mocked, so in a fit of anger, he brought the mentally challenged goddess Aqua to the lower realm.

 

"Speaking of which, if you're so unwilling, why not just go back on your own?" Kazuma hadn't realized the seriousness of the situation yet.

 

However, Aqua trembled, "What are you saying! I can't go back, that's what's troubling me! What should I do? What should I do!!!"

 

Aqua hugged her head, pacing back and forth in anguish, crying.

 

"Just defeat the Demon King, that's it?" Marcus  suddenly spoke after careful thought. "As long as we defeat the Demon King and complete the trial, Aqua-sama should be able to return to the heavens, right?"

 

Returning home was simple, defeat the Demon King, and obtain the wish promised by the gods.

 

In fact, Marcus  also realized that he had hit a dead end. He had chosen the wrong abilities.

 

If it was for defeating the Demon King, his abilities could have been changed to something like instant death magic or illusion creation, powerful abilities specifically tailored to counter the Demon King.

 

Why bother with the ability to traverse worlds, and get things all mixed up?

 

Unfortunately, it was too late to say anything now.

 

Marcus 's words gave Aqua hope of returning to the heavens. She praised loudly, "That's right, as long as we defeat the Demon King, everything will be fine! Truly deserving of being the hero I selected, so quick-witted!"

 

"Really? Is it like that?" Marcus  looked at her meaningfully.

 

This mentally challenged goddess wouldn't forget that Marcus  was only chosen due to her mistake, would she?

 

Kazuma nodded on the side, "From what it looks like now, this seems to be the only way."

 

"Right, let's go defeat the Demon King now!" Aqua rushed forward eagerly, heading towards the village entrance, ready to embark on the journey to defeat the Demon King.

 

However, the next moment, she was forcefully pulled back by Marcus .

 

"Hey, Aqua-sama! You're not thinking of going to defeat the Demon King right now, are you!"

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"What's wrong? Look at us, do we have the qualifications to defeat the Demon King right now!"

 

Marcus  pointed to the thin clothes on himself and Kazuma, indicating they had no equipment, and their levels were still at the beginner stage.

 

"Indeed." Aqua also realized.

 

Kazuma rubbed his clean-shaven chin and said after a moment of thought, "In this situation, we should go to the Adventurer's Guild to gather information first and then raise our levels."

 

"That's right."

 

The Adventurer's Guild was an organization formed to combat the Demon King or to subjugate monsters.

 

In typical otherworld adventure games, it was a common human organization.

 

"Aqua, tell me where the Adventurer's Guild is." Kazuma asked Aqua to tell them the location of the Adventurer's Guild.

 

But Aqua looked bewildered and replied foolishly, "Huh? Why are you asking me about this? I don't know either."

 

"Useless useless goddess."

 

Kazuma insulted her bluntly, then turned to Marcus  and asked, "Senpai Suou, do you know?"

 

Marcus  shrugged, "Sorry, I just arrived here too. I encountered you guys before I had the chance to act."

 

"How about we ask a passerby?" Marcus  suggested.

 

"Ah, we have no other choice." 

 

Then the three of them asked a passerby who looked like an adventurer in armor for the location of the Adventurer's Guild.

 

"Go straight, then to the right, and then go straight again."

 

"Thank you."

 

After thanking the person, the three left and arrived soon after.

 

"The Adventurer's Guild, this is it, right?" Thanks to Aqua's added ability to understand text, Marcus  naturally understood the text written on the signboard at the entrance.

 

He then said to Aqua and Kazuma beside him, "Let's go in."

 

"Okay."

 

"Let's go!"

 

Aqua took the lead and pushed open the door of the Adventurer's Guild. Marcus  and Kazuma followed closely behind her.

 

As soon as they entered, the three heard welcoming voices.

 

"Welcome! If you need job introductions, please go to the counter inside. If you need to dine, please sit wherever there's an empty seat."

 

A red-haired attendant warmly greeted them and then left gracefully after giving them directions.

 

"Let's go, become adventurers."

 

They hurried to the counter.

 

The counter lady was a gentle-looking beauty with wavy long hair and ample bosom, a very outstanding mature woman.

 

Kazuma's cheeks reddened slightly; the impact of her ample bosom on this shut-in was a bit too much.

 

Marcus  had to step forward reluctantly. "Hello, this beautiful lady, the three of us want to register as adventurers."

 

"You want to become adventurers? I see. To register as adventurers, you need to pay a registration fee. Can you?"

 

Although she felt a bit shy about being praised for her beauty, the professional demeanor of the counter lady still made her calm down.

 

"Registration fee..." Marcus  suddenly remembered that all three of them were penniless. They didn't even have anything to exchange for money.

 

"Just wait a moment, please allow us to come back later."

 

"Okay."

 

The three left the counter and began to discuss at an empty table in the hall.

 

"What should we do, we have no money." Marcus  brought up the huge problem blocking their way.

 

"Hey, Aqua, as a goddess, don't you have any money?" 

 

"Huh?! How could I have any! I was suddenly pulled down here, how could I possibly have any!" 

 

"Ah, useless useless goddess." 

 

"Whose fault is it, huh? Whose fault is it! You shut-in!" 

 

Aqua and Kazuma started quarreling again, and it seemed like they would start fighting in a moment.

 

"Wait, wait!" 

 

Marcus  quickly intervened to separate the two. "Stop arguing, I have a solution!"

 

"What solution?" 

 

"What solution?" 

 

Both of them asked simultaneously.

 

"Borrowing money."

 

"Borrowing money?" x2 

 

"That's right, borrowing money. Since we're penniless, the only way for us to become adventurers is to borrow money."

 

Marcus  knocked on the table, making a 'thud thud' sound. "There are two options: borrowing from the guild or borrowing from other adventurers. Of course, I doubt the guild will lend us any money, so we'll have to borrow from other adventurers."

 

"That's actually a good idea." Kazuma agreed with Marcus's plan.

 

However, Aqua didn't think so.

 

"Hmph, I am Aqua, the Goddess of Water! Why bother with mere money when people can simply offer me their prayers?"

 

After saying this, Aqua left the table to find her own believers.

 

Then, just like in the original story, she was given alms by her junior, the Goddess Eris's followers.

 

After tearfully returning, Aqua was comforted somewhat insincerely by the two.

 

And so, with the alms given to her, the three of them successfully became adventurers.

 

(End of Chapter)

6