14 Reasons Why : Chapter 1
254 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me on pat_reon.com/kapur69 (Delete "_") for 10 chapter ahead

Disclaimer, i own nothing but my own idea and MC, and i will update on monday, Wednesday & friday.

 

==========

*3RD POV

{Hi, it's Hannah…. Hannah Baker}

The sound of the tape sounded in Jensen's ears, Hannah's voice which made him startled "oh, shit".

Why did Hannah make this?. Jensen stared at his father's boom box, listening attentively as if the words coming out of this boom box were a bible that he had to listen to word for word.

{That's right…. Don’t adjust your.. whatever device you’re hearing this on.}

The sound that came out of the boom box was like lightning strike to him, Hannah's voice which he hadn't heard recently and finally heard it again on a cassette recording.

{It's me…. Live and in stereo…}

{No return engagements, no encores, and this time absolutely no requests…}

{Get a snack, settle in… because I am about to tell you a story of my life….}

Hannah's voice sounded like she was mocking herself and trying to joke.

But this time Hannah's voice changed to the disappointment and anger she had been holding in all this time. {More specifically why my life ended}

{If you're listening to this tape, you're one of the reasons why……}

{I am not saying which tape brings you into the story…… but fear not… if you receive this lovely little box, your name will pop up}

{I promise}

Jensen looked at the boom box and held it, bringing his head closer so that Hannah's voice could be heard more clearly. After Hannah's voice came out of this boom box, and question after question appeared in his head.

‘Why Hannah talk like that?’ ‘Why I received this tape?’ ‘I am friends with her!’ ‘I am innocent!’

{Anyway…. The rules here are pretty simple…There are only two}

Jensen was very focused on listening to this tape, he didn't pay attention to his surroundings because Hannah's words made him even more curious. He didn't know that there was someone behind him, "What are you doing?..."

A female voice was heard which surprised Jensen who was focused on listening to Hannah's voice there. "Jess..."

"Sorry" Jensen's mother easily apologized as if nothing had happened. Jensen was quite angry about this. "Didn't you promise that you wouldn't be a parent who worries about your child?"

Yes, because of the incident with Hannah, the girl who tried to commit suicide, all parents at his school became very worried about it.

"I didn't mean to scare you, you just lost on that...what is that you're listening to?" Jensen's mother looked at her husband's boom box. Even though she didn't show it, Jensen's mother was very worried about Hannah's incident. Especially with her child that she need to pay attention really well.

“it's… aa.. nothing… it's for history class” Jensen said with roll his eyes to find some excuse.

His mother found out that Jensen was hiding something, "Casettes for history now? Hehe..." she took the cassette holder which was near her husband boom box and looked at the cover which had the number "1" written on it. "Can I listen?"

"no it's... dumb... I'm gonna go to my room" Jensen took the cassette holder his mother was holding as quickly as possible.

"Clay school email again today..." with confused face, She started to talk with worry on her face.

"No wonder dad asked about me." Looking at his mother face with helpless and sigh. “You two are so scary when you work together” Jensen said.

"You know that i hate being parents who ask their children about anything... if you want to talk about it..." she tries to talk about this because she knows Jensen and Hannah worked together at Crestmount.

"I don't really know her mom" Jensen tried to cover it up but this was already visible to his mother. “You work together at Crestmount and you don't know her very well?”

“Not really” Jensen shrugged his shoulder and try to cover it again.

"alright, oh yeah.. someone came and wanted to meet you!" His mother said and changed the conversation, she showed a cheerful face which was a little strange for Jensen.

"Who?"

“Mr. Olivander! I don't know him much…… is he your friend… or something?” She said and try to avoid his eyes. And Jensen being Jensen just shrugged his shoulder and believe in her words.

Hearing his mother say that, Jensen nodded his head, he knew that person... well didn't really know him but he knew that was Hannah's neighbor before she moved to another house.

“Oh, Mr.Olivander…he Is… was Hannah neighbor” Jensen said and didn't pay attention to the words he said. "Don't know her very well huh?" his mother said and snorted at him.

“uhmm… I'm gonna take this thing.. and my tape first into my room, could you please ask him to wait for me? Please?” he tried to ignore his mother's words and his mother understood this.

"Sure... Your father is talking to him right now." His mother said.

“ughh I need to work on this….” When Clay tried to pull the boom box and avoid his mother, the boom box's power cable was still stuck in the socket and Clay dropped the boom box on the floor.

“Slow down hun.. it's just homework…” his mother said and looked at him.

Jensen tried to return to his room with his cassette tape and boom box, he saw that Seth was playing chess with his father. Jensen thinks that Seth is worried about Hannah's school friends.

“Mr. Jensen… you move like a pro…” Seth said with a smile on his face like he wasn't worried about anything in his life. He was like a different person… different from the first time Clay saw him…

"Ahh Clay... come here..." Seth looked away from the chess board he was playing with Matt Jensen.

“Uhmm… I will put this first to my room….” Clay Jensen said and showed seth the equipment he brought.

Seth saw the equipment that Jensen had brought and even though his face changed slightly when he saw the item. Jensen, as a teenager, didn't realize this, and just stared at the equipment he was holding.

"Okay... ahh are you done Mr. Jensen?” Seth Olivander said and looked back at his chessboard.

“Yeah……..” Matt Jensen's voice sounded with a hint of doubt.

Clay took another step towards his room, after arriving at his room he unpacked the package box that was sent to his house. He looked for cassette tape number 1 and tried to play it back.

He saw the 'stop/eject' button which seemed to be missing or buried inside because of the previous incident. He tried to pry the button but because he was not a technician and what he did was in vain.

“Shit” He cursed and sit down but with the look of anger on his face while looking at that stupid thing.

Clay thought for a moment because he couldn't open the boom box, he remembered that his friend Tony had the same equipment. Old tapes, radio things…

He brought cassette number 1 and took his jacket, "I got to Tony's" he shouted and made the people in his house stare at Clay.

"Wait hun... Seth here waiting for you... it's rude..." Clay's mother said and called Oliviander's name differently than before. But Clay didn't realize this and neither did his husband, "what about dinner?" and she changed the subject quickly.

"No, it's fine, Mrs. Jensen… I take you clay” Seth said.

“and Checkmate…. Hehe I still got it” Matt Jensen said happily and showed the chess board to his wife with a proud face.

"Uhmm I can take a bike..." Clay said, he just wanted to avoid Seth but his mother's gaze made him say something else "Or ride with a car is faster than a bike..."

"Cool... I see you again Mr and Mrs Jensen" Seth said goodbye to the Jensen family there and Clay followed Seth to his car, a very bright red Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.

"With this ?" Clay said and only got a smile from seth.

2