14 Reasons Why : Chapter 16
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me on pat_reon.com/kapur69 (Delete "_") and read for 10 chapter ahead

Disclaimer, i own nothing but my own idea and MC, and i will update on monday, Wednesday & friday.

============

*3rd POV - present

{But justin… Now we're even... sort of.....}

Clay listened to the tape and he felt relieved... the thing he didn't want to happen didn't happen. He imagined what happened, what Hannah did based on the rumors. Hannah and Justin... he didn't know and don’t really want to know.

He wondered where the rumors came from, and how they came about. Of course it was justin and the photos he sent to the students there. But is it only because of that?.

Clay was silent, he was waiting for Hannah's next words but the lights of an approaching car appeared beside him. The car slowly approached the park, and someone got out of the car. Tony Padila.

Tony who got out of the car without turning off the engine and let the car lights illuminate clay who was staring at him, walked towards clay. He seemed to know why clay was here and with a small smile on tony's face.

"Hey clay" Tony said to clay, he saw clay put his headset in his bag and put away his Walkman. "Is that my Walkman?"

Clay was surprised and panicked because he saw the Walkman and he didn't want someone to know about Hannah's tape. "Hey... Tony..."

"You Okay?" Tony said and noticed Clay's suspicious demeanor.

"Yeah... I am fine..." Clay said and shrugged his shoulders. Clay looked at the Walkman in his bag which was still visible to Tony "Yeah...I was gonna ask..."

"No problem... just be careful when you listen to it while cycling... you don't want to hurt yourself..." Tony said and looked at clay, Tony was clay's friend and he didn't want clay to hurt himself.

"You're right... thanks..." Clay said and picked up his Walkman.

Tony nodded his head and turned his attention away from clay. He looked towards the park and gazed at this Heisenhower Park. "heisenhower park..." Tony said and paused for a moment.

"That must be-" Tony was about to say something, but the other person's voice startled him.

"What are you guys doing in the middle of night... in this park?" The male voice with its distinctive voice alone made Tony guess who was behind it. Tony let out his breath because he didn't expect that person to be here, so did clay who was surprised to hear the voice and see the person he didn't want to see.

"What are you doing here seth?" Tony calmly turned his body and looked at Seth who was walking with a cigarette in his mouth.

Seth didn't answer but he took a deep drag on his cigarette and exhaled. After exhaled it deeper , he threw away the cigarette and stepped on it then he look at tony with smile on his face, he walk to tony that still glare at him,  "that is my question tony... What are you doing here?"

Clay looked at seth and he gritted his teeth, tony saw this and looked back at seth who approached him. "We are just here to talk about something... clay borrowed my walkman, and he came here to apologize..."

"To apologizing…. Why not in your house? Or clay house? Or in my monets?" Seth said like he didn't care and kept walking towards Tony.

"Why not?" Clay said and looked back at Seth sharply, he seemed to be looking at his enemy who he had long wanted to fight. But seth didn't think of clay like that, he didn't care about clay and just stared at heisenhower park.

"Heisenhower park... Hannah kiss justin in here..." Seth said which surprised clay, but not tony. Seth looked at the surprised clay, and looked at tony who was still listening to him.

"I... saw her kiss justin in here... I saw her laughing... I guess she is on a date." Seth said as he looked back at the slide in Heisenhower Park. He pointed towards the slide there "there... if you want to know..."

Clay looked at the slide that Seth pointed at, a look of confusion appeared on clay's face. "What are you talking about?" He didn't know this and Hannah didn't mention it, but she didn't say anything about the tapes because she didn't know if Seth was involved with all this drama.

Seth looked at clay with a smile, "Nothing... I picked up hannah there... I guess I ruined her date..." He shrugged, tony just stared at him and it was like he knew what was going on here.

"it's already late kids... go back to your house..." Seth said and patted Tony on the shoulder. He lit up his cigarette again and took a deep drag and exhaled it, still with smile on his face, he walk to his car.

Tony looked at clay who was still staring at Seth. "Clay... No..." Tony said when clay wanted to say something to seth. "He is not on the list..." Tony said in a low voice but was heard by clay.

Clay was surprised to hear tony's voice and turned his attention to tony. He looked deeply at tony as if he want to know why tony know about this list, did he knows about the tapes? Clay looking at tony deeply and thinking like that.

Tony ignored clay and looked at Seth who started his car and left. After Seth left, Tony sighed and gave clay a small smile.

"Night clay... take care of yourself" Tony said and left clay still staring at him. The reason why Tony wasn't too gloomy was because Hannah was still alive, but Hannah's actions... he didn't agree with that.

As for clay, he was thankful that his friend, Hannah, was still alive with her stupid actions. Clay looked at tony who walked towards his car and drove away leaving clay in the park.

Clay felt confused, angry, and frustrated about what was happening right now. He grabbed his bag and put on his helmet. Driving emotionally at night with his Walkman headset still in his ear.

{See... I heard so many stories about me... but I don't know which one is the most popular... but I know which one is the least popular...}

Clay parked his bike and entered his house, still wearing his helmet.

{the truth}

Hannah's voice made him stop in front of his door. Especially the way Hannah's words seemed to stab him, because he had also heard the rumors, so he felt that the rumors were true.

He entered his house and saw his mother lying on the sofa and seemed to be waiting for clay to come home, which was true she was waiting for clay to come home.

{The truth is not the most interesting of things...or the best or the worst...}

Clay walked past his mom and didn't care if his footsteps woke her up or not. He was annoyed... annoyed with Hannah's words... annoyed with himself for believing the rumors.

{but the truth is worth hearing and remembering... The truth will come out... it remains..}

Clay put on his helmet and lay down on the bed with the lamp still on. He looked up at the ceiling and listened to Hannah's voice. This time Hannah's voice was a little lighter

{so thank you justin....Sincerely... for that kiss...}

 

1