14 Reasons Why : Chapter 21
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me on pat_reon.com/kapur69 (Delete "_") and read for 10 chapter ahead

Disclaimer, i own nothing but my own idea and MC, and i will update on monday, Wednesday & friday.

==================

*Seth POV - Past

After 'we' sang and Hannah danced her ass off, Hannah started to open up. She told me about what happened at school, about Justin, about the new nickname that had started to stick to her body. And about other people looking at her like that.

"So... your new nickname is slut?" I said and was a little annoyed by that. With just one picture, people were already calling her slut.

"Yeah..." Hannah said sadly, but she didn't cry. "I don't know what to do..." She said and looked at me hoping for an answer.

"You want to know the ugly truth?" I said and looked at Hannah, she said nothing and waited for my answer. "That new nickname will stick with you until you graduate, worse maybe forever."

Hannah wasn't too surprised to hear that, her old school experience was probably a testament to her. What did she do to that girl? I know it, she realized and asked if this was karma or just bad luck for her.

"People... will think you're like that... you'll feel lonely... even think of being friends with someone you already know isn't a good person.... Or you made the wrong decision... again." I said clearly to Hannah who was silent and frowning.

"How could-..." Hannah wanted to stop me, but I stopped her "BUT... you will find other friends... friends that you can share your pain with... friends that understand how you feel... you just need to find them... and for that bully? Just ignore them, If I am you maybe I will beat them to the death" I said with a small smile on my face.

Hannah paused and looked at me deeply, "... are you my friend?"

"Are we not?" I asked back, "Hannah, you can come to me and cry all you want.... Well maybe not all the time, when I have 'friends' visiting..." I said and took my eyes off Hannah. She didn't understand what I said at first but a few seconds later she realized it.

"You whore man!" and hit me on the shoulder. "You disgusting!" hit me on the shoulder again.

"Aw..Aw... see! Like this.... I didn't get angry when you said that, right???" I said, blocking Hannah's punch. "BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!" Hannah yelled and then laughed.

"....Ugh your laughter pisses me off... anyway you can count on me you know" I said.

"Ahaha.... Thanks..." Hannah said and wiped the tears from her eyes. I could sense from her tone that she was happy with what I said.

"Anytime..." I said and rubbed her head, ".... Oh yeah.... Did you contact your parents?"

"No. ...." Hannah said frantically, the school must have contacted her parents because she skipped class and her teacher saw her skipping class when she left school earlier. "I will call them now..." Hannah said and picked up her cell phone. She called her mom and said that she was sorry for skipping school today, of course she didn't tell her what happened.

"Yeah... sorry mom... no... I... Well I'm going home now...." After that Hannah hung up the phone.

"...You want me to drive you home?" I said heavily and looked at Hannah. Probably because she didn't want to trouble me. "No... I’ll take the bus..."

"Good!" I said happily which made her dumbfounded because I was happy and didn't cover up my happiness for not driving her home.

"YOU!" He yelled and started hitting me back. "Hey that's physical abuse! I will call the policewoman to arrest you!"

"Why policewoman?" Hannah stopped and asked. "You know why" I smirked and irritated her again.

"I hate you!" after she was satisfied with hitting my arm, of course her punch didn't hurt me at all, she stood up and left my music room. "Close the door!" I yelled and only got a middle finger without Hannah closing the door to my music room.

=======================

*3rd POV - PRESENT

Clay sat in front of his study table, looking out, his face looked very focused looking at something outside his room, that's what others said if they see clay at this time. But his focus was not on the scenery outside his room, but the voice in his ear right now.

{You must be wondering... who's next... and why?}

Hannah's voice came back to her ears, she listened to what Tony was saying and tried to listen again. {Is it you?} Hannah's voice was very real as clay was facing her and Hannah was pointing at him. {What did you do? } as Hannah asked in front of him like he was abusing her. {how did you end up on these tapes?}.

{maybe you did something cruel?} 

"No. I did n...." Clay said in anger, {Or maybe you just watched it happen} But clay didn't continue when Hannah said that.

{Maybe you didn't even realize you were being cruel}

Yeah, clay didn't realize that. He was just running away, trying not to believe the rumors about Hannah but every time he heard them, he just felt annoyed.

Clay stood up and walked to the sofa to lay down, he remembered what happened back then, how Hannah got through it all, how she looked at him back then.

{Maybe you didn't do anything at all...}

He recalled what he did when Hannah got her new nickname at school, what did he do back then? he tried to recall it. But it didn't come to mind, because he didn't do anything at all.

{Maybe you should have....but it's too late...}

His gaze changed and Clay was annoyed, he was annoyed by Hannah's voice. "No!...".

{I think you know exactly what you did}

"What did I do!" Clay said irritably and frowned and try to remember more. {and after these tapes... you never forget them}

{....And I won't} he felt that Hannah was mocking clay, mocking those who listened to these tapes. {Oh... By the way .... I am still dead}

The one thing that made clay happy from all of Hannah's words that he was currently hearing was this sentence. Because Hannah is still alive. Clay, without realizing it a small smile appeared on his face, he felt happy about it. He slept with headphone still on his head.

In the morning, clay woke up because of the knock on the door of his room and his mother's voice heard behind the door. "Clay... Wake up we make breakfast", the door knock sounded again.

"You... you did what?" Clay said and tried to understand his mother's words, because they didn't usually have breakfast together.

"we are all having breakfast together this morning..."

"oh yeah?"

"are you alive?" his mom opened the door to his room and clay heard the sound of the door trying to hide Hannah's tapes.

Her mom looked into the room and found clay still lying on the bed, "I need to see you if you are really alive..." her mom said with jokes in her words.

"yeah I am alive..."

"that's the minimum requirement" his mother said again this time with a worried tone.

Clay deadpanned at that "you hear my voice"

"No excuse. Shower and breakfast downstairs youngman." Lainie said and left him, without Clay realizing that this time Lainie was holding his cell phone with a worried face.

"Alright..."  Clay replied and got up from his bed, he took Hannah's tapes and put on his headset to listen to Hannah's words again.

{Friendship..... it's complicated.... But don't worry, you won't go through it alone}.

"Now talking about shitty friendship?" Clay said with mockery in his tone. "Is... is it me?"

{Because that's not fun} Trust me... I've been there} Hannah said with a mocking tone of voice.

 

1