Chapter 30
119 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Josie had been acting odd.

Ever since we left the dungeon she’d been acting quite odd. She hadn’t said much of anything on our way in and on the way back. She’d often look at me, fidget a bit but not say anything.

“Something wrong?”

“I… I have a chest too you know…”

“What are you even talking about?”

I was in a woman’s body right now. I planned on being like this till we crossed the border which was going to be soon. Being in this body allowed me certain benefits. One of which was being able to detect proper emotions.

Nope. Not at all. I was still just as fucking clueless as ever.

“That hobgoblin…” she mumbled, taking off her armor. She wore a black laced dress under that. It was mostly for comfort and to keep the hard armor from directly touching her skin. Still, there were some red patches here and there, along with scars and hard calloses. “Mine’s pretty good too you know…”

Oh yeah, she spoke about exclusivity and stuff. I thought for sure she was joking. Should have read the room better.

Now, someone declaring their love for me and stating they’d only love me, was great. A rather great feeling. But at the same time, I knew I didn’t deserve that. And since I wasn’t anything like they were hoping, they’d eventually understand and leave. I had similar experiences before and I was sure I really didn’t have anything anyone would desire for a long-term relationship.

Kind of why I couldn’t or didn’t touch these girls. Kind of why I didn’t have sex with anyone. I was only going to lie down with someone, someone that I knew loved me for who I was.

That day’s never going to come though.

“Why did you decide to become a knight?” I said, tracing my fingers over her callused arms and palms. 

 “I’m not beautiful. My parents thought I wouldn’t be able to get married.”

Huh? She wasn’t a model but she wasn’t ugly either. If anything, I liked her face more than I liked Sen’s. No, you like her ‘figure’ more than you like Sen’s. I mean, who wouldn’t like such a toned woman who had some fat on her assets along with the muscles?

And her body did resemble that hob goblin’s too…

“So that’s why they made you-”

“No, I chose this myself,” she said. “I wanted to be free. I wanted to live freely. But I also wanted to experience this ‘love’ thing I kept hearing about.”

“And what makes you think you can get that from me?”

“Nothing. Just hope.”

“Hope.”

“Yes. And that ability of yours,” she winked.

Uh-huh. I shrugged and caught someone peeking at us. Sen. I thought she was sleeping but she wasn’t. She was definitely awake.

“And as I said,” Josie picked my hand up, put it on her chest; warm, beating. “Mine are better than that goblin’s.”

“If you say so,” I instinctively gave them a grab. No, not really.

She frowned, I moved back and jumped out, next to the driver’s seat. Zeni was slightly surprised but didn’t say anything.

It was fine if Josie wanted to try out a relationship with me. But considering she’d just be dissatisfied later on, I figured it was best to wait this out and see how it went before actually doing anything at all.

Then why do I want to screw that goblin this badly?

Maybe turning into a monster had made me crave monsters?

Hmmm… No, probably not. I still wanna suck her though.

Damn it!

***

Crossing the border didn’t really mean they had actual borders like the countries of old. Rather it was basically us traveling for hours and hours and reaching a new city on the other side. The moment we reached the city and showed our cards, or mine to be specific, they let us in.

That was it.

Then why the fuck did I spend so much time being a girl? Being a girl had its perks sure. But it also meant I had to pee in a closed room while sitting down! And sometimes it still sprayed everywhere! Fucking annoying! But wait, I didn’t have to pee because I was a slime so how come my bladder… oh. Oh…!? Is this body… seriously screwing with me?

Arghh!!!!

“Someone’s mad,” Sen mumbled.

People walked by. So few.

Being a border city, this place was pretty deserted. The houses weren’t that different from the stuff I’d seen so far. The streets were a bit cleaner though. Yet for some reason it reeked? They don’t have plumbing?

“Don’t say it, probably just one of those days,” Josie mumbled.

The girls followed behind me like ducks following their mother.

Sigh. “Let’s go find lodgings. We’ll be setting up a shop here too and possibly recruit some girls,” I said, grumbling. Become full again, I dare you.

“Why do we need to recruit girls?” Sen said.

“So we can keep on exploring hundreds of cities and have a shop everywhere,” I said.

“Okay,” she said. “How are we recruiting? Your ability?”

“No, I feel it’s best to not rely on that.” Anyone could get hooked to that and I could basically make them my slave if I wanted to. But I kind of didn’t.

I ain’t turning into a eroge protag, that’s for sure!~

Are you sure about that though?

Btw bit sick, might not be able to release chapters tomorrow. 

4