Welcome Party
226 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A while later - 4pm - Xeron's Mansion

Xeron was currently relaxing on the couch in his new mainson's living room while reading a book.

He was reading a book about mathematics, which he found interesting and was planning on teaching it to the Kuoh academy students.

Behind him was his kin and new maid Zeya, she was assigned to him by Grayfia to tend to his needs.

“The subject of explaining everything with numbers sure is interesting, don't you think Zeya?”

Xeron asked poor Zeya, and she immediately started trembling. She was both excited and fearful at the same time.

Xeron saw this and gave her a moment to compose herself, and after a minute she calmed down and replied.

“It's….new master Xeron, and I certainly don't understand a lot of things the humans do”

Xeron just chuckled and continued reading his book.

“I myself don't understand some things due to how it was in the Abyss, but we'll get it eventually”

The maid just lowered her head and nodded.

Xeron was about to resume reading but something made him stop and put the book down.

“Interesting”

He then gestured with his hands and a communication magic circle was drawn on his ear.

“Grayfia”

An audible crashing sound was heard and after a while the person on the other side, or Grayfia was heard speaking.

<...How may I assist you lord Xeron?>

Xeron chuckled in amusement at the hint of a grudge in her voice and continued talking.

“We have guests coming to our doorstep in a few minutes, and as you are familiar with them, I'll have to trouble you with welcoming them in and getting them to me”

He paused a little for the maid to process what he said and then continued.

“Also prepare extra portions of food for lunch, I'll have them join us”

He then cut the magic circle and continued reading.

……

[Grayfia POV]

I was in the kitchen preparing lunch with the two new maids, when suddenly I heard the voice of my new lord Xeron.

He said that we're expecting guests and that I should go and receive them myself.

And after the magic circle was cut off, I thought for a while about who was going to come here, and then it hit me.

‘If it's someone I know, and if it's a devil and we are currently in Kuoh then it can only be one person or in this case people’

“You two keep going, I'll go and receive our guests”

The two maids looked up from what they were doing and answered in unison.

““Yes! Lady Grayfia””

I then nodded and left them and started walking through the halls.

‘Lady Grayfia Huh, I haven't been called that in a long while'

Shaking the stupid thoughts of my head, I arrived at the mainson's entrance and began sensing different auras at the outside gate.

‘Sona Sitri, Tsubaki Shinra, Rias Gremory and Akeno Himejima’

I see, they were informed by their families and we're here to welcome lord Xeron.

Which made sense really, devils can't just ignore someone as powerful as Xeron living in their territory, they have to at least build connections with him.

I then open the mansion doors and walk to the gate and wait for them to enter through the mansion gates.

…..

[Rias's POV]

Arriving at the demon's mainson, I stand in front of the outer gate along with my friend and fellow devil Sona and my and her queen Akeno and Tsubaki.

After the school ended, my father contacted me and informed me that he bought Xeron a mansion near our school, and I should go and greet him along with my queen.

I wasn't exactly thrilled about it and tried to protest, but as it was an order from the family head, I ultimately had no way of refusing.

I was warned not to act impulsively and to match the decorum of a noble devil and I should be fine, but looking at this place, it seems to be the same as any human mansion.

“I expected it to stink or something, isn't he supposed to be evil?”

I said that out loud and Sona looked at me like I was dumb, Hey!

“Rias please behave yourself, this is very important and should be treated as such”

I huffed and turned to Akeno who was laughing at me, damn you Akeno!

Sona then walked up to the gate and was about to knock when suddenly they opened on their own slowly, revealing Grayfia standing far ahead near the mansion's front door.

“Good afternoon lady Sona, lady Tsubaki, lady Rias Gremory and lady Akeno. Master Xeron is waiting for you”

She said while bowing politely in greeting, she didn't get the chance to rise again when I dashed to her and hugged her.

“Grayfia!! Are you alright? Did the demon hurt you in any way?”

She smiled warmly and embraced me back, with the same warm smile she had since my childhood, and after a while she pulled me away.

“I'm fine lady Rias, in fact lord Xeron is really reasonable and haven't done anything malicious towards me or anyone for that matter”

I looked at her a second time to try to confirm her words, but as always I couldn't read her expressions even if I tried.

“Now then follow me”

She started walking ahead of us and we followed her through the mainson.

It was mostly empty except for the furniture as it's still brand new, until we arrived at the door to the living room which had Xeron inside.

Grayfia knocked a couple of times and then pushed the door open, revealing a kneeling male in a butler uniform.

The male in question looked like a human, but with charred skin and two horns, and as we looked at him with interest, Grayfia explained to us who he was.

“That’s one of the lord's kin, basically another demon that's his servant. What Lord Xeron said to me about them makes them nearly like the reincarnated devils we make”

I see, demons also have a servitude system in place, I wonder If it's like ours?

As we spoke amongst ourselves we heard Xeron dismiss the demon and he vanished in a flaming spiral. Then he turned to us and then frowned.

He stood up from the sofa he was sitting on and then vanished, and as soon as we were about to look for him, I heard his voice beside me which made my skin crawl.

“What is this?”

I turned around to see what he was referring to and I saw him thrusting his hand into Sona's abdomen to the horror of the girl mentioned.

As I was about to fire a ball of destruction at him, Grayfia stopped me.

I was about to yell at her, when I saw him pulling his hand back from her through a void of sorts, almost like a magic tunnel, and when he pulled his hand out Sona was perfectly fine which relieved me.

I turned to look at him and found that in his grasp there was a demonic familiar in the shape of a bat, which was thrashing around as he quietly observed it.

“Hmm? I recognize this magical signature from somewhere, who was it? ...Oh! Serafall! *laughs* I guess I should've known”

…It was Sona's sister, the Satan Serafall bound the familiar on her, this explains how she was able to observe her movements everywhere, Sona complained to me about it a lot.

“Sister *sigh*” 

Looking at Sona she seems tired, and why wouldn't she? Having your older sibling know your every move is certainly something don't envy. 

I'm always grateful that my brother isn't like that, right?

“Serafall, I'm sorry but this is a private meeting”

Xeron then speaks to the bat in the eye and covers it in magic and then it vanishes, he seems to have teleported it somewhere.

He then looks at us while smiling and speaks.

“Why don't you join me here as we wait for lunch?”

He gestures to us to sit on the different sofas facing him and after we sit he turns to the maid behind him.

“Prepare us some tea Zeya, and Grayfia, thank you for bringing them here, you may go now”

Grayfia then bows slightly and walks away, accompanied by the maid named Zeya, who seems to be also a demon.

After sitting comfortably on his sofa, he leans back and greets us.

“Good afternoon young ladies, and sorry for the rude introduction a second ago, I had the worst in mind, but it seems it wasn't necessary”

He then turns his head to Sona and speaks to her directly while smiling slightly.

“Sorry little Sona, I didn't mean to scare you”

Sona brow twitched a little at the way he was addressing her, but she quickly calms down and answers politely.

“It's fine sir Xeron in fact, I should be the one apologizing for my sister's behaviour”

He just laughs slightly and waves his hands around.

“It's fine. Serafall's attitude towards you is certainly fun to watch”

And to that Sona sighed, it seems she's destined to be made fun of for her sister's antics.

The maid called Zeya comes in with a plate that has five cups of tea, and puts it on the table in the middle of the room, and after each one of us takes a cup, Xeron resumes talking.

“I'm familiar with the brat and Akeno, but I believe I haven't been introduced to you two, my name is Xeron Kezgenoth, a demon and soon to be math teacher in your little school”

Hey!!! I'm not a brat! I'm 19! I'm considered an adult in the human world!

“Ufufufufu” 

I turn to Akeno and see her laughing at me! Damn you Akeno!

“I'm Sona Sitri and this is my queen Tsubaki Shinra, a pleasure to meet you sir Xeron”

The hateful demon just smiles politely and shakes his head.

“No titles please Sona, if you must then call me teacher Xeron, as I'll be one starting tomorrow”

Sona nodded without saying anything, and he turned to look at Tsubaki.

“Hello little miss Tsubaki, it seems to me that you're quite a well mannered young lady”

The hateful demon is seducing Sona's queen!! Look! She's blushing! Damn you too!!

“...Thank you teacher Xeron, I was once from a noble clan in the human world, so they taught me etiquette since childhood”

He nodded at her and turned to Akeno.

“Good afternoon Akeno, we didn't get a chance to speak in our last meeting, but I certainly noticed you ogling me while I talked”

“Ufufufufu”

…Akeno, and looking at the woman, she was smiling! She wasn't embarrassed at all!!

“Good afternoon to you too teacher Xeron, but you can't blame me for staring, you're just too handsome”

And they're now openly flirting!! Sometimes, I wonder how Akeno is still a virgin with all that sexual energy she's carrying around.

“It's good to be young, so stare as much as you want. But don't do something I won't”

He winked at her and she responded with Ufufufufu’ing.

…My queen has been taken by a demon.

8