Silly Little Game
295 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Third Person POV]

The living room of the mainson was lively at this time of the day.

There were about 4 large sofas in the middle of the living room facing each other with a large table in the middle.

Xeron was currently sitting on the one near the end of the room by the large fireplace with the maid Zeya standing behind him.

On the sofas on either side of him were the two young devil ladies, accompanied by their respective queens.

And as they were all calmly drinking the tea served Xeron interrupted the silence.

“Now that introductions have been made, am I inclined to believe that your little visit was the work of your families?”

The demon asked while not expecting a reply backThe two devil Heiresses didn't reply, but eventually Sona just nodded.

“It's fine, I don't really mind. And I have nothing to do for now, so I'll indulge you for a while”

He said while crossing his legs and putting one over the other, as he sank back into the sofa.

He seemingly treats this as a field trip, any normal human would be horrified with the implications of two noble devils visiting them personally. But he wasn't exactly a normal human.

The two devil Heiresses' brow twitched in unison, but they also expected this, they were informed by their respective sibling the very little they knew about Xeron, and from that very little they knew that the man didn't exactly comply with the norm.

Taking charge and being the first to speak up, Sona decided to ask him directly and ease her lingering worries.

“Teacher Xeron, as you may know I along with Rias were assigned here in Kuoh as rulers and proxies of the devil race”

Xeron turned to look at her without any change in his seemingly friendly demeanor, she tried to read his expression but couldn't, so she sighed internally and continued.

“I was wondering if you'd take part in managing the town or frankly demand ownership. My sister didn't mention anything about the topic so I decided to ask you personally”

Sona then stopped as tension filled the air making the company of devils present nervous, except for the person responsible herself, she just stared at Xeron, seemingly waiting for a response.

“Heh, quite the straightforward little girl aren't you. You certainly are different from that sly sister of ours”

Xeron just scoffed playfully at the foursome, instantly dispelling the tense atmosphere, which in turn relieved the young Sona, even if she wasn't showing it on the outside.

“And you don't need to worry about me wanting a piece of your little pie, you can keep doing whatever you were doing, treat me like a friendly nextdoor demonically handsome oldman”

He flashed a bright smile and continued lazing on the sofa, at which Sona just sighed and slumped back at her seat.

“But keep in mind that while I don't want to take part in governing this town, it's still my chosen domain, so if I find a threat imposed on it, I'll take the action I deem necessary”

Sona just nodded without saying anything, it may even benefit her in the long run, having someone so powerful a couple of blocks away from her is certainly a plus.

But she had to tell him one last thing.

“Please call us if the matter involved regular humans, as it requires clean up”

He just waved at her dismissively, while laughing a little.

“I'll take care of it myself Sona, don't worry about it”

She just sighed again, if she took a penny for every time she sighed today she'll have enough to mortgage a house.

“Now then, with that out of the way, let's move onto another topic”

He took the last sip from the tea cup he was holding and straightened himself to put it down on the table.

“Let's play a game”

This startled the devils present, they came here expecting a gloomy demon with an overbearing presence, not a cheerful handsome looking young game that wanted to play.

“Ara~ Ara~ and what would that game be, teacher Xeron~?”

The sultry voice of Akeno echoed in their ears, and that made the smile on Xeron's face get wider.

“I'll ask each one of you a question and each one of you may ask me a question in return, anyone may refuse to answer the question he/she was asked, but he has to be asked another question until he answers”

The devils thought about for a little bit and then nodded eagerly, they were still young after all, and being young people like to pursue excitement.

“Then the brat my start first”

He gestured to Rias to speak first, and she just snapped back at him.

“I'm not a brat!”

And faced with her sudden outburst only made the smile hanging on Xeron's face to get wider.

“Brats tend to whine a lot, which seems to fit your image very much, what are you, 5?”

The combination of the words he spoke and the gloating smile he now had even made Sona, as cold and serious as she is get a little irritated. Let alone the young and impulsive Rias.

“I'm NOT!”

“Heh, tomato head”

*Pppft* x3

Sounds of stifled laughter echoed around, and combined with the stupid new title, made the red head visibly shake in anger.

Thankfully, the crimson haired princess seemed to still have some reason in her, as she didn't attack him yet, and Sona certainly didn't want to wait long enough to find out when that patience will end, so she and Akeno stood up to appease the irritated Rias.

“Rias, calm down. It's obvious he was she missing with you”

“Ufufufufu Rias, you sure are spicy today”

Sona patted her in the shoulder and gestured her to sit down, while Akeno was laughing at her friend's misery.

And after she sat on her seat near Akeno and calmed down, she looked at Xeron with irritation still visible on her face and spoke.

“ ‘Teacher’ Xeron, are you even qualified to teach at our school? I'm fairly certain that the place you hail from is fairly backward in technology in comparison to our own”

She spoke with a clearly mocking tone in her voice, and instead of being irritated Xeron looked amused, and he replied her with the same mocking tone she directed at him, minus the slight malice of course, as he considered her a rebellious little girl and didn't hold grudges over her attitude.

“I have a PhD in Mathematics kid, tell me what do you have? Aren't you just a little girl with slightly rich parents?”

Rias first looked confused and then she sneered, it was simply impossible that he had a PhD when he just arrived here in this world a few days ago, but her face paled when he summoned the certificate out, which also had his name on it.

“I studied and got it in the day I was away after I arrived to this world”

He handed the certificate to Sona, which checked it thoroughly while also being amazed, and after a while she handed it back to him.

“It's real, which is certainly amazing”

He looked at her smugly while replying.

“You can also check with Kuoh Academy about its authenticity, if you're not yet convinced”

Rias was mortified, the demon was lying in wait for her and waiting for the chance to embarras her!! She'll never forgive him.

….She conveniently ignored that she was the one who did this to herself.

“Now then it's time for me to ask. Do you know what sacred gear Issei Hyoudou holds?”

….Silence

The absolute disparity between topics is quite baffling, one moment he is making fun of Rias and the other he confirms that the young man she was interested in indeed possesses a sacred gear, which in turn made the girl in question smile widely.

“I knew it!! But wait!! How did you know Issei? And why do you ask about his sacred gear?? He's going to be in my peerage, I'm not handing him over to you!!”

She celebrates her knew discovery then she turns to him and scowls, she made him snicker.

“Don't worry I won't take him, but I have my own personal reasons for asking, and judging by your reaction you don't seem to know what his sacred gear is, a shame”

Leaving her still scowling at him like he owed her money, he then turned to Akeno who was quietly thinking of something, and seemingly nervous but still determined she decides to ask.

“Can you revive the dead?”

The question forced the still overjoyed Rias to stop and look at her friend with concern, and seeing this made the demon answer more truthfully than he typically would.

“It depends Akeno, who do you want to be revived?”

“My mother. Please I'll do anything!!” 

The girl wailed with a broken heart which made the demon's heart soften.

“Was your mother human Akeno? I feel a trace of humanity coming from you along with devil and fallen bloodlines”

Hearing the word ‘fallen’ made Akeno recoil in disgust, but she forced it down and continued talking.

“Yes, my mother Shuri Himejima, was a shrine maiden in service of the Shinto Gods, but she was branded a heretic by them after she fell in love with my father, a fallen angel”

She muttered the word ‘father’ grudgingly, which made Xeron sigh sadly and continue talking.

“I see. Well you're in luck, I have a certain relationship with the Shinto Gods and can certainly revive her, but you have to wait until tomorrow”

Her face turned from being sad to being overjoyed and she shot up and rushed toward Xeron and clutched his hands.

“Really?!! Are you certain!”

He smiled and removed a hand from her grasp and patted her head with it.

“Really, tomorrow in school I'll come to you to and we can start, but I have to do some preparations first”

She smiled brightly with no hint of the regular mischief and blobbed back to her seat, with a smiling Rias looking over her.

“My question then, Akeno what are the color of your panties”

Xeron asked seriously and that made the girls looked stunned, except for Akeno who was laughing.

“They're black~~ wanna see them~?”

He just chuckled while shaking his head and then turned to Sona.

“Sona your turn, ask away”

Sona shook her head and cleared her mind of her friend's queen affairs, she loved them both and was happy for Akeno, but as the talk was settled she would have to see for herself the results of his claims tomorrow.

Not that she didn't believe him, it's just that she was simply excited, it's her first time seeing someone be revived after all.

“*cough* Then teacher Xeron, does the individual named Genshirou Saji pocess a sacred gear?” 

The demon blinked for a moment and then asked a question in amusement.

“And what makes you think I know about this Saji?”

Sona just smiled good naturally at him, while answering his query.

“I have a feeling that you would be aware of him”

He just grinned at her, seemingly proud of her deduction skills.

“Wonderful skills little Sona! I'm sure Serafall is proud of you, and to answer your question. Yes, Saji has a sacred gear and with a similar nature to Issei at that, but I won't divulge more information than what I already did, you have to work hard to better yourselves, I can't just spoon feed you information forever”

She nods and waits for his question, which he thinks about for a couple of seconds.

“What is your lifelong dream?”

Sona looked stunned for a couple of seconds but then she replied.

“I want to make a school in the underworld that teaches not only High-Class devils, but Low and Middle class devils as well”

Xeron just chuckled while shaking his head.

“A noble goal, do invite me when you achieve that dream of yours Sona, I have a feeling it'll happen in the near future”

She just nodded thankfully at him, and then sat down and stayed quiet, seemingly lost in thought.

“Tsubaki, you're up. what's your question?”

Tsubaki then looked at Xeron and thought for a question to ask and she eventually found one.

“Is the barrier surrounding this mainson made with magic? Or something else? I only felt it now, and we've been here for a while”

The demon nodded while looking impressed.

“It's honestly impressive that you even noticed it, and as for what it was made of, it's made with the energy demons use, with is called ‘miasma’ not magic”

“I see”

Xeron then looked at her with interest and asked the last question of their little game.

“Are you also related to the Shinto pantheon? I can feel that your magic has Shinto divine origin”

She just nodded while calmly stating.

“I was once a member of the Shinra clan which, like Himejima clan is one of the master clans under the Shinto pantheon here in Japan, but I was cast aside”

Seeing that the girl had no leftover emotions for her origin, Xeron didn't comment any further.

“I see, then all of you get ready, it's time for lunch”

Before they had a chance to say anything, they sensed Grayfia entering the room calmly.

“Master Xeron and everyone, the food is ready”

7