Chapter 7 – The Sigil of Reformation
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I see." Kaiji nodded after hearing his answer.

"...You seemed interested about warriors this time." Simonne laughed. "And since we're on this topic now anyways, I'll introduce you to the greatest known warriors in the Empire. I bet they haven't even taught you this kind of things in the church."

"...Yeah."

"Let's start off with the well-known warriors within the Empire of Sephite, since we're currently here now."
   
  
  
Within the Empire of Sephite, many legends, rumors, and tales scattered all around the lands and were told out by countless people. But almost all of this tales were mostly centered about the three legendary figures in the north-eastern empire.
  
  
'The Azure Blade'
   
   
'The Iron Knight'
  
  
'The Noxious Shank'
  
   
These were the three people that have had their name renowned throughout the Empire.

But the one with the title of 'Azure Blade' was considered to be the strongest of all them three.

However, none of whom had met him have really seen his face in person. Thus, nobody knew of his true appearance. It was only said that he always wore a strange cloak, and sometimes even have someone with him wearing the same clothing as him. But when he starts battling, his eye-catching blue sword can be seen dominating the entire field as it slashes at an undeterminable speed an ordinary person cannot simply follow— he killed thousands of soldiers in a single night.

As for General Leonel Rotonus, also known as 'The Iron Knight', he was famed by his extraordinary body that can even compare to a metal and iron in terms of its hardness. Even a sharp blade can only just make a scratch upon his skin. He joined the Phyte Kingdom's Royal Knights at the age of 14 and officially earned his title as a real knight at the age of 18, completely surpassing those people among his peers. General Leonel participated in various wars between some minor and major kingdoms' battle in territories and had won every single fight he had competed in— except when he encountered 'The Azure Blade' at the eastern borders.

The Noxious Shanks. An infamous assassin who wielded various kinds of daggers and blades of the likes, with lethal poisons, which was likely made by himself, accompanying him everytime. He had murdered countless nobles and wealthy merchants for the past decades in the entire empire but not a even single one person even caught him by the edge of his sleeves— and that was because of his poisons. There was a rumor spreading out that he himself is an alchemist— a mad alchemist perhaps, that brews his own poisons that was only unique for himself, and thus, the only one who has the antidote for his own toxins.
  
   
   
"Wait." Kaiji interrupted. "You've said that General Leonel have fought with that Azure Blade before?"

Simonne nodded. "He fought with him at the Mountain Ridge, the easternmost part of the Empire's borders."
 
 
 
This story was already told off by the citizens from numerous regions, and was already widely known. It was where General Leonel, the Iron Knight goes on a task to guard the eastern borders due to a conflict with the nearby Empire of Fertrune.

But unexpectedly, he met a group of strange people who all wore weird robes and forcefully tried to enter the borders, even though there's a conflict between the two empires. But the latter group did not care and began to threaten them to let them enter. That's when General Leonel emerged at the scene and apologized— but of course, he still did not let them pass. Annoyed, the group of strange people began to attack. General Leonel couldn't just simply stand by the side and watch as he also joined the battle and forcefully suppressed the group of the strange people. However, things that occurred after did not bode well for him. Innumerable soldiers where slaughtered right before his eyes as a blue glint flashed in an unconceivable manner.
 
 
 
"...Well." Simonne closed his eyes. "You can guess what happened next."

"Um... they were defeated?"

"Not only that. Only half of their original numbers remained alive. Hundreds of soldiers were murdered there."

"..." Kaiji felt his body went numbed.

Seeing Kaiji's face being like that, Simonne couldn't help but laugh. "But of course, without the Sigil, they won't be that too strong."

"...Sigil?"

"Yeah... huh?" Simonne became confused. "You don't even know that?"

Kaiji felt slightly embarrassed and scratched his head. "Well, I've been living inside the church the whole time so I only know a little about the outside world."

Simonne chuckled. "Right. I forgot."

"So can you tell me what that is?"

Simonne placed his hand upon his chin and contemplated. "Uh... how should I explain." He paused. "It's basically a device that helps a person get stronger."
  
   
  
  
The Sigil of Reformation or The Sigil, as people called it, is a type of 'soul device' that strengthens the user by absorbing the user's own energy in which the device processes it to be either a 'physical reformation' or an 'energy reformation' that both have several natures.
  
  
  
Some examples of Physical Reformation includes the:

《Body Enchancement》

《Body Acceleration》

《Power Augmentation》
  
   
   
While some of the examples in Energy Reformation includes:

《Fire Acquisition》

《Water Acquisition》

《Lightning Acquisition》
 

 
  
"But—" Simonne interrupted. "All these things have limitations, and that depends on your own energy."

"...How do I suppose to know if I even have one?"

"Worry not. Unless you're dead, you still have some energy." Simone said. "All living things in this world have this stuff inside of us."

"Oh..." Kaiji nodded in comprehension.

"So if you've reached your limit when using the Sigil, you'll feel your body gradually tire out and feel exhausted." He reminded. "But if you really force yourself to use the Sigil even while in that kind of state, you'll drain all your energy and eventually die."

1