Chapter 2: Random Sea Battle
120 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I sailed the Blue seas, I came across many new people and gained some crewmates for my ship. I was the only devil fruit user, but even the weakest of my crew were formidable. I had to modify my ship multiple times due to the unique needs of many of my crew, but it wasn't to much of a problem since my abilities let me just break my ship down and reconstruct it.

"Captain! We got company!"

Running over to where my crew was, I looked over the edge of the ship to see a Marine Ship sailing near us. Knowing the reason for their arrival, I prepared my crew for battle.

"Glitch Pirates! Battle Stations!"

The ship sailed up and a loud voice rang out from the stern, a tired looking woman announcing her arrival.

"Glitch Pirates! I am Captain Slumber! Turn yourselves over or face the consequences!"

Angered that they dare intrude on my life, I let my true feelings surface.

"Fuck you!"

The Captain Just clicked her tongue and returned to the deck of the ship, cannons firing at us. I stretched my body thin and caught all the cannonballs with my body, deconstructing them as they touched my body.

"Glitching Barrier!"

After catching the cannon fire, I flew over to the enemy ship and began to fight my way towards the Captain. No one was able to stop me as they instantly had their bodies half buried in the ground just by touching me. I had glitched their bodies through the ground, and approached the captain of the ship.

"What are you!"

Grinning wildly, I told my dear opponent what she wanted.

"I ate the Glitch-Glitch Fruit, I am a Glitch in reality, anything that touches me I can control on a base level."

The fear in the sleepy woman's eyes instantly disappeared when I mentioned a devil fruit, Haki covering her arms and through her sword. Seeing her use of Haki, I decided to use the ability that gets people to join my crew, since I currently have no Haki.

"Bugged Reality!"

The ship around us began to shift and change, forming a suit of armor around my body the size of the mast of the ship. This ability was only useful on large ships like this or on land, but seeing my armored suit, that even had some seastone cuffs from the hull's coating. I crossed my arms, the armor following suit, as Slumber looked at me with fear, her Haki basically useless against the armor.

"You know Slumber, I like you, Join my crew and ditch those useless Marines. I'll even let you get some obviously needed rest."

Hearing my confident declaration, Slumber seemed to hesitate, before releasing her Haki, and kneeling before me.

"Captain... I have no loyalty to the marines after they executed my mother for loving a Pirate, So I'll serve under you, but I want to know, why do you do this? Why become a Pirate?"

Putting some thought on her question, I gave my answer.

"Why not? The marines are corrupt, living normally is impossible with my abilities, and the ocean is right there, I became a Pirate because it's fun, not because I hate the government, or because I want revenge, just pointless fun."

"Pointless fun huh? You know what, I swear by my name as Memir L. Slumber, that I'll join your crew, a little pointless fun is needed in this day and age."

9