Episode 18
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Episode 18

“I have been watching you closely, Master.”

“How was it?”

“That was amazing. Honestly, I was impressed.”

Melin nodded her head calmly.

For the past month.

There was nothing about her that was not admirable.

Not to mention her outstanding accomplishments in such a short period of time, what was especially admirable was her performance in the process of capturing Cox.

Christian proved that he not only has outstanding talent as a martial artist, but also has a deep heart.

“I’m glad you liked it. Did you pass?”

Melin decided to watch her for a month and then decide if she wanted to be his.

“No, not yet.”

Melin shook her head.

“Because we haven’t checked the most important thing. That’s right, power.”

Melin's blue eyes glowed blue in the darkness.

“I am a demon by name, but I cannot kneel to someone weaker than me.”

Melin picked up her momentum.

As expected, 4 star top.

Even though he didn't fully reveal his power like other demons in the presence of 5 Castle, Chris felt his body tense up.

It was an instinctive body reaction.

“I understand that the promised one month period has not yet passed.”

“Hehe, that’s right.”

Melin lost her momentum.

She wet her lips with her tongue regretfully.

“I can’t wait for the appointed time to arrive. “I’m looking forward to it a lot.”

Melin remembered that day, when she and Chris had a duel.

Even though he was no match for her, Chris took advantage of the moment and achieved victory. The thrill I felt when I caught her off guard was still vivid.

What will they show this time?

I was excited.

“If you don’t fully meet my expectations, I won’t bow down to you, Master.”

Chris nodded his head.

"All right. Instead, can I just put one condition on it?”

“What is it? Are you trying to limit power again?”

Melin asked back with a slightly disappointed look on her face.

But Chris said the completely opposite story.

"no. “The idea is to fight without any restrictions during the duel that day.”

“!!”

“It’s not just about loosening the restrictions of demon energy, it’s like a real battle.”

Melin widened her eyes.

Like a real battle.

The idea was to use all available means.

It was a welcome condition for her, who preferred the excitement of a real fight where her life was at stake to the friendly duels that she was framed for, but she tilted her head in incomprehension.

“I have no reason to object. But then it would be even more disadvantageous for you, Master.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. Anyway, I take it you agree.”

Melin frowned as she couldn't tell Chris's inner thoughts, but then she sighed.

It seemed like she was up to something, but it didn't really matter.

Anyway, the difference between her and Chris was absolute, so it wasn't something she could make up with her tricks.

“Do it yourself. I won't care what you do. Instead, let me ask you one thing.”

Melin grinned.

It was the smile of a wild beast seeing its prey.

“Please do your best to make me happy.”

With those words, Melin disappeared, and Chris grumbled.

“Anyway, you ignorant lady.”

Chris glanced at his forearm.

Her flesh still appeared on her body as she instinctively tensed at the momentum of Melin.

It was indeed an absolute difference in power.

So much so that I doubt whether she can even stand it, let alone fight hard.

But Chris said something unexpected.

“It was just a struggle... Nope?"

Melin wanted Chris to do his best to please her, but Chris had something else in mind.

On the contrary.

‘I will win.’

Nonsense idea.

4 stars… No, you're going to beat a demon who's just around the corner from 5 stars?

This was impossible, no matter how genius Chris was.

The strength of the two was as different as that of a rabbit and a lion.

Even with her hidden power of light, it was impossible to defeat Melin.

‘But there is a way.’

Chris smiled and thought of a way.

‘If you don’t have the ability, it’s your temper.’

Temppal.

Strengthen her abilities with weapons.

But this too was a strange thought.

This is because there was a limit to the ability to strengthen with weapons.

But that was a general story.

Chris had a way.

That's enough for a rabbit to take down a lion.

A method that only Chris can do.

He started preparing right away.

* ? ?* ? ?*

“You want to go to the castle?”

“Yes, father.”

Count Kazar tilted his head and nodded.

“Do whatever you want.”

“Aren’t you going to stop me?”

"why me?"

"therefore… “You don’t know what I’ll do when I go to the castle, do you?”

“I trust you.”

Count Kazar answered briefly.

Last time.

He noticed that his son had definitely changed.

Is that all?

The time I spent with Chris was a series of wonders.

‘Incredible talent.’

I don't know how many times a day I am shocked.

How should I describe Chris' talent?

A sponge that absorbs anything? If you teach me one thing, will I know ten? It's not at that level.

It's crazy.

Count Khazar said that to himself countless times a day.

It was a series of scenes that I couldn't believe even though I was seeing it with my own eyes.

Watching Chris do this made him wonder if he was dreaming.

‘… ‘I feel a sense of awe.’

Count Kazar was taken aback by a thought that suddenly occurred to him.

What a feeling of awe.

But it was real.

His son was truly a monster.

So you don’t like it?

No way.

‘He is my son.’

Count Kazar spoke to himself without anyone noticing.

He too is a father.

There was no father who would not be happy that his son was so outstanding.

His son, who had been a spoiled brat, was now giving him great joy every day.

Of course, he didn't show it outwardly.

Instead, Count Khazar said:

“If you need anything, ask for anything in my name.”

"Is that true?"

“Yes, anything is fine.”

Chris looked slightly surprised, then smiled.

‘It’s a blank allowance check. ‘You’ll regret it, right?’

Even so, I was worried about how to raise the seed money and whether I should secretly take at least one of the family treasures with me, but it worked out.

“Then I will come back.”

"okay."

He walked lightly to his room to get ready to go out.

[young master… preparation… I finished it.]

The banshee smiled with an innocent face, wearing bright street clothes on a transparent spirit body.

[With the master… Since it’s your first time out… beautifully… I tried decorating it.]

Don't dress up in the banshee theme!

The problem was that it was really pretty.

Except for the fact that it was a ghost, it was very cute and neat.

“… “I didn’t say you were going together?”

[Ho Ho… You're worried that I might be uncomfortable. I'm excited. but… It is my pleasure to serve you, Master... Don't worry.]

Chris frowned.

‘Isn’t that what it is? By the way, when can I get a human servant?!’

As soon as I got rid of my bad name, I tried to chase that banshee away, but I heard a shocking story from Count Kazar.

- Human servant? It doesn't work?

- yes?

- Didn't that banshee make a master-servant contract with you, Christian?

So, this was the story before Chris inhabited this body.

It was impossible to have Banshee, her superior ghost, do the work of her maid without justification, so she made him sign a contract as master and servant.

‘There’s no way a normal human could come in as a servant when a banshee is next to me. Ouch! Where can I find something like this! ‘Why am I born with a silver spoon, but have to be served by a ghost?’

Fortunately, it was a limited-term contract, so it was possible to cancel after the agreed time.

Next 5 years?

Chris had no intention of waiting that long.

‘If the level of black magic increases, I will force you to terminate the contract.’

In fact, he was now somewhat accustomed to living with a banshee, but he still could not give up his dream of being served by a human servant.

[already… I prepared everything... Should I not go? I expected it.]

The banshee said sullenly.

‘Why don’t you do that with a cute face on the theme of Banshee?’

Chris had a disgusted look on his face.

Still, a banshee must have feelings, but she cleared her throat because she had a really sad face.

“It is prohibited to appear in front of the general public.”

[Boyeon… sir?]

“Exhaling spiritual energy is absolutely not allowed. got it?"

[thanks… I do! As expected, Master... It’s Wattai!]

The banshee was so happy that it flew excitedly through the air.

At first glance, he said he wanted to go on an outing.

‘How many years did you say you stayed in the mansion? ‘I heard it’s a ghost that’s been around for at least a few decades.’

It was definitely enough to make it miserable outside.

“Anyway, let’s go now… “Why did you come?”

Chris frowned when he saw the unexpected guest.

It was Tern.

“What are you planning to do in the castle?”

“Hmm.”

“Aren’t you going to commit debauchery again?”

Tern challenged her.

Chris crossed her arms and thought.

‘Hey, why are you so cute?’

Chris gently scratched Tern’s insides.

“Are you worried about me?”

“Why worry! “Why am I worried about you?”

Tern jumped up and protested.

“I just… !! I'm afraid you'll become a disgrace to the family again!! He pretends to be better now, but you never know when he might change again!”

"You're right."

"yes?"

“I’m going gambling now.”

Tern made her dumbfounded face.

"do… I beg your pardon?"

"gambling."

Chris grinned.

“I also received some money from my father… “Do you want to go with me?”

Of course, Count Kazar gave Chris the money without even imagining that he would go gambling, but what can he say?

Chris also didn't go there purely for the purpose of gambling.

To be precise, there was something to be ripped off under the pretext of gambling.

‘It just so happened. I needed a tiger fish to use as bait. 'If he's that naive, he'll be perfect.'

Chris gently caught Tern.

“Isn’t it true that all magicians should know how to drink and gamble? “Legal gambling that adheres to goodness is a healthy pastime that even the Demon Emperor recommends.”

“… … .”

“Ah, you’re a gentleman so you can’t do things like gambling. You're a nerd who only knows training. Gambling is similar to card games. “You’ve never played a card game before, have you?”

“Card game… I tried it. “I’m better than my brother.”

"okay? That's great. “Still, gambling with real money might be too much for you, so I’ll just go to the gambling place myself.”

You play card games like kids.

Gambling is an adult's game.

Tern, a 13-year-old boy with a strong competitive spirit, became enraged by Chris's provocation.

“No, I will go.”

Terne took the bait.

“I have to go and check with my own eyes to see if my brother is causing any trouble. and… While I'm on my way, I'll do my best... I will press the bridge of your nose, brother. Gambling, stuff like that! “Isn’t it the same as a card game?”

Chris chuckled.

The emotion in Teren's eyes was one of victory.

A strong desire to win against his older brother.

and… Unlike what he had shown before, his eyes looked like a real younger brother.

0