Chapter Johnny Tremain: Feuding Friends
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Fearing for her fairy was second nature to Maisie now, ever since she almost lost her last month. She couldn’t mope in their room for long. What if something happened? Feya didn’t have her wheelchair or Daisy, which concerned Maisie.

        She called her and placed her phone to her ear. It rang, but Feya didn’t answer.

        “Oh gosh.” Maisie tried again, and finally, Feya picked up.

        “Hey, May.”

        “Feya! Thank God! Where are you?”

        “In the Convention Center with Melody.”

        “Melo—!” Maisie calmed herself. “Feya, you’re disobeying the doctor again. I’m coming with Daisy.”

        “How about this? You leave me alone, and Melody will bring me back when we’re finished? Please, Maisie, give her a chance.”

        “Not in a hundred years!” There was something off with Melody—Maisie smelled it—and Feya was gullible enough to fall for her trap. She thought a professional skier would be more competent than that.

        “Well, I guess I have no choice, then. Goodbye, Maisie.” Feya’s line went dead.

        “Feya, please don’t hang up!” Maisie didn’t mean to be overprotective—she loved her, for God’s Sake!—but Feya was not used to her new prosthetic. Her parents also asked Maisie to take care of her during Summit, and she wanted no distractions named Melody.

        Maisie moved quickly. She clipped Daisy’s leash to her collar and urged her to the door. Opening it, they stepped outside to the plaza. Maisie let Daisy lead the way because she knew Feya’s scent.

        Daisy escorted her to the end of the walkway, where they found the double doors leading to the Convention Center’s extra hallway. Maisie, Feya, and Melody took it earlier to get to their room. It branched off from Coronado Ballroom.

        Maisie and Daisy walked down the length of the Convention Center to Veracruz Exhibit Hall. It was quiet there, just like Melody explained. Speaking of Melody—she sat across from a piano toward the end of Veracruz. With so few people, hearing the gentle Spanish music playing in the Convention Center was easy.

        At the sight of Maisie, Melody stood. “Maisie! What are you doing here?”

        Maisie gritted her teeth. “What does it look like? Where’s Feya? What did you do to her?”

        “Maisie, chill.” Melody pointed at the women’s restroom behind her. “She’s in the bathroom. We were going to return to your room after she finishes.”

        “Yeah, I’m not letting you near her.” Maisie shot Melody an angry look and hustled into the bathroom, Daisy beside her.

        It was a gorgeous restroom, styled with a tile floor and two lines of crimson and navy stalls. The marble washing area had a miniature sink for little kids.

        “Feya?” Maisie said.

        “Maisie?” Her voice came from one of the accessible stalls at the back of the room. “For God’s Sake, will you ever understand the meaning of ‘Leave me alone’?”

        Maisie and Daisy marched to the stall and stood on the outside.

        “I brought Daisy to help you back to the room,” Maisie explained, knocking on the door. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

        “Yeah, I’m fine. Can you just… um…” Feya cleared her throat. “Could you get me a tampon, please?”

        “A—?” Oh, Maisie saw what was happening here. “Girl, I leave you alone for thirty minutes, and you start your period?”

        “Hey! It’s not my fault! It was a few days early.”

        Maisie chuckled. Feya may have had a prosthetic leg, but she was still a woman. “Hang tight. I’ll get you one.”

        “Thank you.”

        Maisie hustled to the washing area and grabbed a few tampons from the dispenser.

        While she worked, Melody poked her head into the bathroom. “Is Feya okay, May?”

        “Yeah. She just started her period.” Maisie refused to look at her directly. “You can leave now, Melody.”

        “But I wanna help,” Melody whined. “I like you two.”

        Maisie groaned.

        “Melody?” Feya called from the stall. “Are there any towels? It kinda went through my dress.”

        “Shit!” Maisie mumbled a little too loudly.

        “I’ll see if I can have a Cast Member bring one,” Melody answered. “There aren’t any towels in this bathroom.”

        “Please hurry. I need to wash up before the dinner.”

        “Don’t worry. I’ll be right back. In the meantime, why don’t you and Maisie make up?” With that, Melody exited the restroom, leaving Maisie, Feya, and Daisy alone.

0