Chapter Perri: Villa Del Lago (Part One)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        God, Feya was so embarrassed. The Summit stress must’ve triggered her period. She ruined her favorite dress and was now trapped in the bathroom with Maisie. That was inexcusable when they were fighting. Feya didn’t want to make up with Maisie until she promised to let her have leeway.

        “Daisy’s coming in,” Maisie soon stated, and Feya looked up.

        Daisy crawled under the stall door, a tampon tucked under her collar, and trotted to her.

        “Thanks, Dai.” Feya patted her and removed the tampon. Once she finished, she flushed and stood. On her way to the sink, Maisie pulled a small joke on her:

        “Look on the bright side, girl. You’re not pregnant.”

        “Ha, ha. Hilarious, Maisie.” Feya turned on the sink and stuck her hands under the warm water. “Where’s Melody? I can’t come out with my dress like this.”

        “I’m right here.” Melody’s voice reached the stall, and another pair of footsteps followed.

        Feya dried her hands and shut off the sink. She approached the door and unlocked it, pushing it open slightly.

        Melody, Maisie, and a female Custodian Cast Member smiled at her. The Cast Member carried a few towels and a rag. A chemical bottle rested on top of them.

        Feya blushed and accepted a towel. “I-I’m sorry.”

        “Oh, don’t worry about it,” said the Cast Member. “We’re all women. Besides, it’s not busy in Veracruz today, so thank you for adding a little excitement to my shift.”

        Feya wrapped the towel around her waist. “I can see why the ghost likes it here.”

        Maisie huffed, but Feya tried not to think too hard about it. “Thank you, Melody, for getting help.”

        “No problem. I need to look out for Guests.” Melody brought her hands together. “Now, let’s see if we can return you to your guys’ room.”

***

        Guests visiting the Convention Center and Summit participants stared while Maisie, Melody, and the Cast Member helped Feya down the extensive hallway. They surrounded her and kept the circle linked for the whole journey.

        Feya chuckled nervously and waved at Guests. A white towel against her tan dress stood out, so she didn’t want to risk anything.

        “Ow!” Maisie pushed Melody. “You stepped on my foot, Melody!”

        “Sorry,” she apologized, “but we’re almost there.”

        Sure enough, they reached the end of the Convention Center’s Coronado Ballroom section and veered left, taking the elevator to the small hallway leading outside to Maisie and Feya’s casita.

        Once they made it, Maisie unlocked the door, and Feya freed herself. “Thank you, guys.” She grabbed her suitcase and lugged it into the bathroom.

        Feya stripped and slid the towel up her body. It now covered her down to her thighs. She soaked her dress in the sink, grumbling, and turned on the shower, letting the towel loose.

        Feya stepped into the tub and tugged the flowery curtain across its bar.

        The shower went fine until she rinsed shampoo and conditioner from her hair. Feya slipped on her prosthetic and tumbled onto her tailbone with a bang. “Ой!”

        “Feya?” she heard Maisie shout on the other side of the door. “What happened?”

        “I fell,” she answered.

        “Fell? Can you get up?”

        Feya attempted to but slipped again. Unfair! She was supposed to show Maisie she could care for herself, but it looked like she still needed her. “I-I don’t think so.”

        “Don’t move. I’m coming.”

        “No, wait!” Feya nearly punched the shower handle and pulled the curtain aside, snatching her towel. She ensured it wouldn’t fall off before saying, “Okay, May, you can come in now.”

        She did and crossed her arms. “So, what’s the deal? You’re not comfortable if I see you naked?”

        “No. It’s just that we’re in a Disney movie.” Feya laughed hauntingly at her joke. “No, I’m kidding. Seeing me naked is not the priority right now.”

        Maisie dramatically sighed. “Oh, Feya. Come on.” She freed her from the tub and grasped her upper arms. “Did you hurt yourself?”

        “Only my pride. Can you leave me while I change?”

        “Sure.” Maisie patted her and left, shutting the door behind her.

        Feya tossed on a slate blue dress that almost touched the floor and flats. She styled her hair into a romantic tuck and set a new flower headband on her head. Feya preferred simple fashion over going all out; however, she put on a little lipstick, blush, and foundation to look suitable for Maisie.

        Satisfied with her appearance, she exited the bathroom. Her leg was still sore from falling, so she asked, “Hey, May, can I get my…” Her voice trailed when she didn’t see Maisie or Melody in the room. “… wheelchair?” Feya scratched her head.

        “Arf! Arf!” Daisy rushed out from under Feya’s bed and circled her.

        “Hey, Dai.” Feya picked her up. “Where are Maisie and Melody? Did they head down to Villa Del Lago already?” She jumped when she heard a sudden shuffle in the room. Her bed’s pillows dropped onto the floor.

        “Uh, okay?” Feya grinned at Daisy. “I think that’s our cue, Daisy.”

0