Chapter 62: Kid Psychic Gains
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

February already ended and the next buzz was now about a taxi driver trying to save an underaged girl from prostitution.

No matter how great and inspiring the movie was, the audience was still reeling at a certain film's phenomenal achievement.

650 million USD!

A lot of people claim that the movie sucks but no movie can truly satisfy everyone else. It is just the nature of people to contradict others, however, they could only keep to themselves when they saw those numbers.

About 390 million from the domestic box office and a solid 260 million dollars from a collection of currencies from overseas!

When those staggering numbers were announced, another form of claim became prevalent. People hoping to get a quick buck was suing Cosmic for 'copying' their idea but that was already patched up by the rigorous copyright laws that the pre-production team had to go through.

There were also allegations that using the young Alex is a crime but that was already covered by Sullivan's lawyers.

In a way, a lot of things come and go when a film earns 650 million dollars.

Those box office figures were more or less an estimate of that but Kid Psychic truly signified the heavy rainstorm after years of drought.

Film studios and the film community were already rejoicing when The Godfather got its numbers. Who would have thought that it was only a fraction of what has happened and what is to come in the future?!

Kid Psychic had only barely reached half a billion by the time December arrived and Old Sullivan's face was already stiff from smiling.

His workers were fearing for what his reaction would be when the final box office reached that staggering influx from what was seemingly out of nowhere!

Of course, it wasn't from nowhere at all.

It helped a lot that the teens and children having their next dip into the vacation season. Parents that had no Christmas gifts in hand could only try and divert their child's attention to the mindblowing featurettes of a psychic kid.

With the New Year and Valentines' following suit, the extra 150 million was milked from celebrating families and love couples of the cinema.

An additional cash surge to note was the fact that Cosmic's toy division was finally able to play its part. With Old Sullivan's toy expertise, James Smith and an array of miniature Kid Psychic cast collectibles were being sold.

When parents with no gifts had to go to the cinemas, parents with gifts to give had already opted with taking Kid Psychic to the confines of their homes.

The fact that the Cosmic toys were a tad better than Action Jacksons clearly aided in the toy's selling fever.

So, even though the public knew that 610 million was Kid Psychic's box office haul, only the true insiders knew the true rewards that they accrued.

Granted that tax and cinema shares have already been deducted, the young and old Creed devils were still in a joyous mood.

Old Sullivan was back at home and punching the air to relieve his bottled-up adrenaline. "1... 2... money! Money... money... 1... 2...!"

"I thought you were only practicing yoga, Grandpa! How come I haven't heard of your endeavors in the world of boxing?" Alexander was not far from his rushed grandfather, tapping the table in a rhythm to serve as his toned-down punching vent of celebration.

"I had to train a little bit of punching for the robot Tobias remember! If I had more time, maybe I'd be some senior-weight champion!"

Sullivan was still spry despite his old age and the little boxer skips he was simultaneously doing while showing off were quite impressive.

His Creed surname and boxing acts reminded young Alex of a certain person in the Rocky franchise. He had a different skin color but the boy was already curious about how the adults in the house would react when they are introduced to Apollo!

"Senior-weight champion? Like that's a thing!" Alexander dismissed his future thoughts and exposed his grandfather's falsities for now. "I get that we're all excited and celebrating but to be honest, I wasn't even sure we'd get that much! I was more than happy to get 100 million."

The boy with future visions may have confidence in his cheats but the constant storm of anxiety and stress would always make a confident person overthink and think less of what he is supposed to achieve.

"You were actually betting on a hundred..." Old Sullivan had to chuckle at his grandson's already overblown pre-run estimates. "...that is already a lot for someone like me who considers doubling the budget at the box office is already a dream come true. Expecting a ten times return is pretty sure and confident to me!"

"Hehe! I guess everyone had their bets being overwhelmed." Alexander could only grin at the miraculous end of the film's race.

"You can say that again. You should know that your poor and constantly flopping director of a father would actually be jumping for joy when the budget and the box office numbers can break even." Old Sullivan could only lament his son's registered mentality from not winning much from his past experiences.

"Before you came along, your father and I would already be celebrating if the movie gets 90 percent of its budget back." The elder Creed could only reminisce on the past and look at the present. "I guess those are now a bunch of bittersweet memories!"

Old Sullivan was looking at his precious grandchild with staggering levels of pride. He may have not told the boy about this but he pretty much got his overall cost of expenditure back with tons to spare.

Lobbying to cinemas, advertising, grabbing the key technologies of visual effects, building the Cosmic headquarters, paying Indian aristocrats for their secretive stay in Inda, and many more. All of those cost a ton of money that ate half a chunk of the Creed family's Centurian and secretive billion-dollar savings.

The old man was figuratively on cloud nine with that half-chunk returning with an extra smidge to add to the pile! In a way, his grandson's future works are more than enough to always keep his old bones in figurative heaven.

Even though Sullivan and Mark in India were on a celebrating high, young Alexander was still mixed with stress and anxiety deep down inside him.

With such a high start, the pressure that the sequels must overcome are new matters to think about.

The young boy with a mature mindset still hasn't adapted himself to the tumultuous world of filmmaking.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0