Chapter 64: Improving Practice I
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whilst the scheduled release date is still on its way, Alexander had to keep himself busy and maybe learn a few more skills on the way.

As of now, his arsenal includes drawing, acting, writing, storyboarding, singing, and a bit of aided composing.

Drawing could top off that list with the fact that it is the only skill that he truly developed and grew into. Storyboarding and character design is the unbested use that the skill is for.

Writing and storyboarding are on a duality track of their own. Even though he has his foresight, the fact that the stories are trying to improve on the original is already an advancement of the two skill's baseline.

Acting and singing are a bit of an oddball and mediumly on the wayside.

His acting capabilities are brought to a peak by his overmastery of the character's scenes and the unnaturalness of his charisma.

It helped that he has Other Joe's complete recollection and that he made and remade the script from a cheating start to a well-deserved finish. It also can't be denied that the four movies under his belt have helped to hone his performance acts like how he had grown his doodling abilities.

His acting and influencing prowess may or may not be completely fearsome in the future!

Singing tended to be affected by his charm as well due to the fact that the rock and song enthusiast seems to have brought its supposed professionalism on '99' despite its half-hearted creation.

Composing could be on the complete cheat side as the lyrics are just from the Internet and the remade tune had to consult trained musicians to come to fruition. In a way, he just sang like any other 21st-century 'singers' and Autotune along with the band accompaniment was doing the rest.

Which is why he is starting to partition his time with the recent gifts he got for his sixth birthday!

The guitar was of the electric kind but his learning methods are still in the basic ABCs. Other Joe tended to watch Youtube tutorials about such subjects despite never really trying it on a real guitar or putting on real practice.

Alexander did not want to be a lazy but hopeful bum like his other-verse counterpart, so he mastered the notes and their variation.

It helped that the electric guitar was custom bought to fit his boy stature or he'd be stuck with hand cramps every time he would practice.

He got the basics rights along with the strummings but when those singular basics needed to be overlapped and continuously strummed, the difficulty just got harder!

Of course, with his frustrations and his boosted child brain to learn things with much enthusiasm, the hurdle became just another door to open.

Strumming the perfect notes to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star may not be impressive but it is as impressive when the boy was practically self-taught.

Sullivan was mostly home due to his lessened load, so he was observing his grandson on his steps to being a self-teaching musician.

"I guess the boy can now focus on that tiny synthesizer." The old man murmured quietly as he saw his focused grandson having the urge to destroy his piano-like gift with the electric guitar gift.

For every while that little Alex advances his skills on the string instrument, he would be met with minimal returns when it came to the synthesizer.

He was not able to emulate basics due to the retro-ness of the synthesizer in Other Joe's era but he can at least recreate the C418, the Minecraft music discs, and the catchy beats of The Regular Show.

All of the music features the use of the synthesizer, so he can more or less remake it with a bit of tweaks.

Alexander was only left with the basics and it may take a while due to the lack of proper instructions and teachers on how to work its magic. Hence, the urge to destroy it in Sullivan's perspective.

However, the complexity and the variation of the Minimoog also became a medium of musical experimentation.

The synthesizer is said to be the bane of classic instrumentalists as it is literally the tool that promises itself to be able to play any music.

For quite some years, the versatile Minimoog would be Alexander's attempt to make himself a musical genius. He didn't have the advantage of dyslexia or special vibration abnormalities at his birth, but at least he has the passion to try and improve himself.

While the true compositors have their own quirks, Alexander would try to be the quirkless Midoriya of the music world. Instead of eating a blond man's hair, he would rather train and try to improve himself to be able to catch up.

Like drawing and improving acting, his lapses in singing and composing may or may not be on the right track. Although the music industry is pretty low on his priority to make money, it would still have monetary returns in its own right.

Alexander's journey into the world of music was scheduled every after school hours. The schedule was greatly similar to how movie musicians or teenage rockers would have their 'band practice' in their little garages back at home.

Even though bands have become a bit of a sour group in the 21st century, Alexander still wanted to feel the cool status that it evoked during the prime of the music industry.

It is already a given that for the actual school hours, he would be a kindergartener while doing his screenwriting and storyboarding work.

Before school hours, that would be the time to improve on his physical aspect! His alarm clock has become only a symbol of time as his biological clock already wakes him up at exactly four in the morning.

Four may be too early and a tiresomely stupid waking time for some people but Alexander and Other Joe know from a certain Ted Talk that 4 A.M. is the waking time for winners!

The adults in the house, like Sullivan, know that their little junior would always jog and exercise at this hour and could only applaud at his dedication.

If anything, the boy was both busy and improving himself at the same time. Old Sullivan's elder mentality could only spring out praise for the energy of youth.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0