Chapter 67: Freeze and Start
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mark's over-the-top need for a lot of filming was effectively snuffed out before it could lead to certain issues.

Alexander didn't want to be responsible for leading his family members to health and mental imbalance. He so very much didn't want to be a passive enabler.

While that was covered though, filming and preparations for Inuyashiki 2 and 3 are already underway!

There were only a few short months before Kid Psychic 2 but they weren't really too concerned with the publicity and any publicity stunts of the like.

Private screenings for critics are a no-go! They would already be paid by enemies to try destroying the movie's reputation, why do the Creeds have to pay them bonuses when they wouldn't be on their side?

Even the press, industry insiders, cast members, and movie fans are clamoring for Cosmic Pictures to have a regal red-carpet premiere.

Too bad that those cost time, effort, and resources that the Creeds are not in a hurry to address.

Kid Psychic 2 is literally the most anticipated movie of the year, so it needed the traditional justice it deserved. They were being mocked as arrogant snobs due to this peculiar apathy to red carpets and critic screenings.

Although the reception of them was bad, it still had benefits like the underestimation of major players. Cosmic still needed some time to grow, so showing its true colors and doing red carpets could only wait until the right time.

Hence, fans could only be disappointed in not meeting the cast! The cast could only be disappointed at not getting their spotlight but they can still organize those things on their own, so not much obligation there.

Still, it was still an unprecedented global release, making red carpets and critic feasts unnecessary. The net was already so wide from the get-go that those publicity lures and baits were completely unnecessary.

What grander grand premiere could they still ask for with that being smacked into their faces?! World premieres are completely unattainable feats in this decade or the next, so Cosmic has already done its part in making the impossible possible!

As for their current interests, it was the nine and more mannequins that were whipped up from the design teams.

They were still clad in the cloth of greenscreens and bluescreens but their opening and closing sequences couldn't be any more different than before.

All of them were lined up and marked, making Mark's presentation quite easier for the crew.

"As you see before you everyone, the behind-the-scenes actors doing the mechanical magic are already ready to do their magic. I hope we treat these things well, so they won't blow holes in our budget."

"We hear you, sir!" An enthusiastic recruit hollered and the stoic film crew was finally able to give off their laughs.

Mark closed in on a familiar and old man-shaped mannequin to start off his commemoration. "This puppet, his replicas, and his foldable arsenals need no introduction as he was the star of the prequel production, Grandpa 1!"

The crew who was still fresh with the memories of last year could not help but clap. If it weren't for Grandpa 1 and Psycho 1, their lives wouldn't have been hard and it also wouldn't have been easier.

Moving and hauling its heavy mechanism was really hard but necessary under Director Creed's guidance.

Mark could empathize with what they were feeling and could not help but nod along. "Sadly, Psycho 1's dummy was already blown up by the pyrotechnics team but it was worthwhile to sacrifice for the movie. He won't be joining us for this movie but he has his fellows to replace him."

"Let us meet Wheels 1, Blind 1, Arms 1, Dwarf 1, Tall 1, Coma 1, and so many more." The director and the mannequins in charge showed all of the new dummies' peculiarities and everyone in the crew was already caught up in how and what to do with them.

If these things were to do as they thought the previous movie wanted Grandpa 1 and Psycho 1 to do, then this sequel is ideologically overwhelming.

They still haven't seen the sample of the first movie but it wouldn't be any less shocking than what Kid Psychic has already achieved!

Although spies are bound to tell some of their informants about these sequel prospects, Mark was still confident about the strictness of the confidentiality agreements and unwritten laws of Hollywood.

He was sure that the majors already knew the details of the final two Kid Psychic movies and the first CyberGrandpa movie but the unwritten law had bound them to not do anything harsh.

If they were to spoil Kid Psychic to the audience, then what was stopping other companies from spoiling their movies?

One mistake that crosses the unwritten law would essentially put severe losses on everybody.

Also, some spoilers and insider divulgence may be inevitable but Alexander and the Creeds were still confident enough that it won't truly do fundamental damage to the film.

Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Tolkien's film adaptations are literally films from books. Books themselves are massive spoilers but that doesn't stop moviegoers from seeing the films.

The film crew were briefed on what to do and were given the ultra-detailed filming methodologies for them and productions were good to go.

Mark was able to get a sense of his employees and officially uttered. "Let's start filming, shall we?!"

The crew had no objections and Codename: Inuyashiki 2's productions were set to commence.

It may seem a bit of a rush but pre-production for this movie had long been finished since the last year. Mark could have had another back-to-back filming but he was hindered by the lack of those important dummies he had just introduced.

Casting differently-abled actors was already a challenge in of itself! Making dummies close to their physique was harder, took quite a while, and a lot of planning.

Although they may not be as complicated and mechanized as the Jaws robot and R2D2, the thought put into the making of Grandpa 1 down to the last dummy, was not to be dismissed.

Production may have been frozen for a year but frozen things would eventually melt!

Cosmic Pictures' production team was fired up and that was the necessary warmth that initiated another long but satisfying filming grind.

Camera angles, set locations, pyrotechnical explosions, mannequin handling, and a lot of acting later.

CyberGrandpa 2 was well on its way to being finished.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0