Chapter 70: Day Off
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

Since February, the cinemas were having their own ups and downs. The dominant positive news that all the film-related companies are celebrating about is the fact that theater attendance and box office average have gone up.

The Taxi Driver is among the clearer indication of such an increase. Too bad that it didn't break the trend but only followed it.

A true trend breaker or the true trendsetter is yet to arrive!

Four months from February was June and those who cared about what was to happen in that month were already anticipating it.

While the rest were going about in their own lives, these four months are of productivity for the Creeds.

With their tendency and affinity for work, the busyness that they have gone through those months seems to be just a matter of fate.

Their crew members and co-stars were busy but they accepted and lived it as it is.

While the production is at its rhythm, a day's worth of pause put a stop to it. The busy and strained members were given time to breathe while the rushed workaholics were given time to pace themselves.

No one could complain as this day off was already scheduled in the filming itinerary. What the crew could only wonder about was the fact that the bosses only set it to one day.

The set and pieces of equipment were already placed where they should place. Hence, everyone had no choice but to go home or enjoy the plentiful free time.

It was still the afternoon of June 3, so there were plenty of hours to spare before bedtime! The crew members also remembered the very prime reason that the day off was initiated in the first place.

Tomorrow was June 4!

Everyone that read newspapers and watch television knew what was to happen on that fated day.

It is the single most prominent positive news in a sea of bad news.

The extremely popular psychic kid is about to step onto the stage again.

Kid Psychic 2 was ready to show its fantastical lore with a young four-year-old at its center!

When people think about all of the four-year-olds they knew, met, and even their own moments at that age, they can't help but feel inadequate compared to James Smith.

He was practically wiping out fearsome spirits. Meeting interesting ghosts wherever he goes. His capabilities with his suppressed powers are already mind-boggling in of itself.

Reading thoughts, moving things with his mind, and the blue color he emits. He was the coolest child that they can name, even though he was only a work of fiction.

The masterfully rendered scenes and the little actor that played him were enough to make them associate the young psychic with someone walking amongst them.

It was quite immersive that most of the nonbelievers in the supernatural were starting to question their viewpoints.

A lot of inexplicable things happen at random to someone and seeing the world through the eyes of the young James gave them an answer to that inexplicability, however inaccurate it may be.

The sudden noises they hear, the chill they feel in the middle of the night, and the abrupt falling of their valuables from their positions.

Some even go as far as blame ghosts, spirits, and psychics for the misfortune that goes their way. Of course, that is only reserved for the truly insane!

For most households that already use the fakeness of the supernatural as their scaring chip against their children, the existence of James and his spiritual world was quite the help to sell their deceit.

As for the little girls and boys that are on the receiving end of those ghostly lies, they were quite adamant about having their parents buy a James Smith toy.

Since James was able to stop bad spirits from hurting others, then his toy version was more than enough to give them a sense of security and confidence.

In the end, Cosmic Pictures was the one to benefit from all of this.

The true blue Cosmic toy store wasn't open yet and is still in construction but it was already selling merchandise albeit through other retail channels and stores.

Alexander wasn't quite sure about the logistics but his grandfather's unwavering good mood was already conveying the good numbers that were coming in.

On that note, Old Sullivan's smiling face was quite worrying for him. He might not need to be possessed by Mr. Smile to have a creepy curve stuck to his face.

They were still filming the sequel to CyberGrandpa and it would be a bad idea to have the two movies crossover already.

A cyborg senior being possessed by a creepy and smile-inducing spirit is quite the concept.

The Cosmic screenwriter in the family was starting to sway in weird directions with the buried concept of an extended movie universe.

"Maybe... just maybe..." The said boy quietly muttered while he chewed on his dinner meat.

"What about that 'maybe', Alexander?" Mark questioned from his seat. His son being lost in thought was quite the occurrence and he wanted the camera ready just in case.

"Nothing. Just thinking about an interesting script idea." Alexander answered while burying himself back again into his plate.

"I was getting worried there for a moment." Sullivan voiced out his concern and his expression of relief. "Good thing it was a false alarm!"

"What are you worried about?!" It was the boy's turn to inquire about the sudden worries of his grandfather.

"We were worried that you would be struck with the Creed family curse again." Mark subbed in for his father who was busy sipping his wine. "Although it would be funny to see you losing track of time... there are still filmings and screenings to be done, Alexander. We wouldn't want you to miss out by experiencing all of it as a blur!"

"Nice reminder!" Alexander can't help but register the advice in his head. The adults at this dining table were the most experience with these things and he would be dumb not to take their wisdom to mind.

He really had to not stray his multiverse-connected mind into thinking about the multiverse of the movie kind! It seems to be a likely trigger to his step into the Creed zone. He wouldn't want this day off to be a month off or year off, after all.

[End of Hollywood Creed: 1st Draft]

And yeah... this was it... I never got around to continuing any further. For many reasons.

This was a story meant to "beat" Hollywood via transformed anime and nerdiness. It was a bold plan that will even put the likes of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and the like out of contention. I had Max Steel, I even had a fantasy epic in mind that involved a live action Magi. Basically nerd culture versus traditional popular culture.

The problem was... it was too ambitious and absurd. Any fanfiction is, really.

This one takes the cake... it even rationalized advanced CGI in the 70s by "painting" film reels. What was up with that! An old money family with a "billion" dollars in the banks.

I take some pride in Kid Psychic though. That whole movie was plagiarized but kind of original. It's a shame I never got around to working on the trilogy... or the film series.

Also, Yoga Plus Kama Sutra. The most absurd thing that I came up with with my 15-year-old mind. So that's that. I'll probably revisit some elements of this story and incorporate it though. Who knows?

0