Chapter 4.
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 'Little bun,

Chaos arose.

Last night, it was cloudless. Every star was shining brightly as usual when something sorta ripped off a portion from space. 

There came a long finger, and on the tip was a nail polished red. In contrast to the darkness the pale hand and red nail combination stood out. In less than a minute, the finger ripped apart a hole into the sky and people began to panic. 

The hand returned to the space inside the rift. People slowly calmed down but then a crimson eye looked out from the hole. It started upon everyone, sending shivers down to their spine. It slowly backed away leaving nothing but a floating missing piece in the air. Then in a blink of an eye, thousands if not millions of those rifts began to multiply, gradually rising alarms in Earth.

It was only a few hours in the evening.

Appearing continuously in the sky, these rifts now bear the name of Gates. Everyone was still unsure whether to call these off as harmless.

Outskirts.

Located far from the capital, the outskirts of City A was a forest. In that forest, a commotion arose for a gate that also appeared, unlike the rest that was more similar to a door.

With a variety of neon colors swarming and glowing as the outline of the deep obsidian colored space within.

While all of this was happening, Yuan was sitting comfortably on the sofa, watching his favorite show.

"I've actually binged watched everything? Oh, it's time to reveal who's behind Mouse Rulin, do you have any idea who, Momo?" Yuan muttered as he drank beer. Drinking beer while watching a night show was great. Especially when those contestants would sing while Yuan was entertained.

"Based on my calculation.....Adrien?" Momo answered his master's question with uncertainty. 

"Well, up to the judges!" Yuan playfully said aloud. He was very oblivious to what was happening outside, especially after Yuan set on the ‘Do not disturb ’ mode function in Momo. 

Yuan dazedly turned off the TV and piled the empty beer cans into the trash bin before unlocking his bedroom's door open. 

He has decided to sleep for a few hours and write the rest of the chapters for his novel. He then turned on the alarm function of Momo before laying down to rest. 

His eyelids dropped as he entered the state of sleep..

___

Returning back to the gate in the outskirts, the door was opened gently and came swarming thousands of bright lights from inside. A small hand came out first then followed a petite body from a seemingly young girl.

She came with a dazzling pair of green eyes with an odd shaped pupil donned in white, black faded blue hair and upturned horns. She wore a blue, blossoming dress with some sides down turned by her upper region which was filled with gems and ribbons while on her head was a tiara like halo; to simplify it, she was clothed in a complicated outfit.

She snuggled the black fur ball in her arms tighter then surveyed the surroundings, when they took upon themselves that they've arrived at their destination the young girl threw the rabbit down onto the ground and booped its nose.

“Beta,” Whispered the young girl, “Are we there yet?”

Beta shuffled his fur all due to the action his owner had done to it.

"Where is this, Beta?" A soft childish voice repeated.

"Princess, we're in the outskirts of city A. An hour away from our target.”

"So you're saying, he's near?" The young girl was filled with joyful anticipation. Learning that she could finally meet her father who neither of them has met from birth brought the little girl happiness. She would no longer have to stare at an expressionless picture hanging on the pictorial wall of her castle.

Their mother didn't hide anything from them and told them everything honestly.

After countless trials and effort, they finally created a dimensional rift that allows them to go into Earth.

Meanwhile other information cannot be said about yet. Despite this, the little girl raised the rabbit up into the air and twirled around over and over again, clearly happy.

The poor rabbit butler was dizzy; he almost couldn't resist vomiting if the girl didn't put him down.

"We just know he's an hour away from us but I don't know where he is, Beta can you draw me a detailed map?." 

Hearing the command, Beta did not wait any later and made his horn glow. A bunch of words appeared before them as a drawn map floated in the air. 

"Marvelous!”

The girl exclaimed as she snatched the map into her hands. Beta said nothing as he jumped out of her embrace and made his horn glow in color again. 

“Oh, right!” The girl realized something and raised the corner of her clothes. "Beta gives me a comfortable dress that makes people's impression of me grow as well." She said before closing her eyes. Her horns began to disappear and her demon tail vanished. Beta followed her orders and the violet color of his horn moved into the girl's body and changed her once navy blue gown into a simple children's clothing. 

"So comfy!." She complimented as she twirled around with her knee length skirt. The rabbit smiled as he jumped towards her embrace, the girl caught it and began walking. 

The path towards her Daddy is far, she wants to arrive there before dawn. Yuri wanted to surprise her daddy very much and meet him before others did!

________

Waking up in the middle of the night, Yuan stretched his body upwards as he scurried to his laptop. Opening the software without any hardship, Yuan looked for a second at his written draft and tapped his fingers on the keyboard to continue writing his story.

 

...

Yuri skipped on the road and looked around at the strange shops but not any stranger than those in Zane. 

"Hey, hey, Beta....~" 

Yuri smiled upon seeing that the road she chose to walk in was alone. She called out her rabbit butler who had buried himself into her petite arms. 

Hearing the call, Beta hastily looked up. His lop ears twitched as his black bean eyes looked at its owner or should say, master.

"Yes, Princess?" He asked.

"What type do you think daddy likes best?" 

"Pardon?" 

Beta doesn't know what to answer.

"Hmm, well, let me see.." Beta was not knowledgeable regarding this topic. Excusing himself from her grasp, he jumped out into the road and transformed into a young boy.

“Princess, I'm sad to inform you there's nothing regarding that in the guidebook.”

"!" Yuri froze her hand mid air and was disappointed.

“That cannot be, there should be clues in there or else Daddy might dislike me!”

"If her Holiness was here maybe we would know, Princess...”

"I don't wanna to inform them I came here first so you can't ask mom" 

"Then there's nothing I could do.”

"What!" Yuri exclaimed. “You're useless then, stupid rabbit, I ordered you to find me a solution this instant!”

"Princess..."

"Hurry!." Yuri rejected. 

"Understood." 

Beta bowed down and returned back into his original form, he had thousands of why and buts inside that he wishes to speak out. 

Suddenly, his mood turned calm again with an actual understanding look in his face. “I found the answer, Princess. Her Holi...I mean, I've read something from the library about child care and there it states that ‘Cute, obedient, well behaved children' 99% of parents love.”

“Cute? Obedient? Careful?” Yuri counted the things that were with her and apparently she was “Devious, disobedient, clumsy and spoiled.” Oh dear.

“No...Daddy will hate me?! Oh no, I have to be kind and attentive so he will be interested in me...yes, I shall differ from the rest so Daddy will put all his attention on me and mom...alone!”

"Daddy will definitely like me!" She yelled.

"....Princess, knowing that you've done your preparation, we shouldn't keep him waiting, should we?" Beta asked with a gratified smile.

"For certain I wouldn't." Yuri replied with a wry tone. 

"I know Princess wouldn't." Beta said with a short bow of his head. 

His horn vanished according to his soft whisper of a command - making him more like black rabbits in the human world.

Beta began to intercept more information and they arrived near an apartment complex.

There were two floors - after gaining the data needed, Beta pointed his paw at the apartment room on the second floor. 

"His holiness...He is in there?” Beta was dumbfounded when his mouth fluently said out the honorifics he may only use on their God, Yuan. His look towards Yuri became gentler and those past grievances dissolved away. He understood.

Yuri heard this and was more excited. Her little legs dashed up the stairs and her hair followed her furious dash. In just a second, she appeared very quickly and without any hesitation, knocked on the door and doorbell.

Daddy, I can finally see you!

I really miss you!

2