Chapter 5.
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 'His blood,

The moment your hand touches the pen (mouse) inspiration fills your entire mind. Everything will smoothly flow through your fingertips and a creation will be made. This way an author would get fulfillment.

Nonetheless.

Yuan was not having it. 

He propped his chin on the remote as he tapped the save button on the menu to save his work. After writing two more, at least twenty chapters were finally accumulated over a span of two weeks. Yuan had finally finished writing the second volume of his book. 

“Another cup, please ” He dropped the empty coffee cup on the desk beside him and Momo refilled it in a swift motion. Seeing his cup now all filled, Yuan raised it and drank a mouthful before he placed it down again.

Glancing at the clock in the wall, Yuan was not surprised that it had already surpassed one in the morning.

"I've already gone past the sleeping hour, I don't want to sleep again.”

Then a monotone and familiar voice appeared. Momo had noticed it's master's restlessness and suggested, "Master, why not watch the news?”

"Alright." Replied Yuan, not contesting the suggestion.

Standing up from his seat, Yuan walked towards the living room and let his body fall into the comfy sofa. He then turned on the TV.

"Oh man, it's all about politics again." Yuan was aggrieved as he held the remote with a long sigh. 

"Nothings wrong with politics." Said Momo.

Yuan nudged his head towards his shoulder, "But politics doesn't interest me, especially since I was a King formerly, politics has never been interesting." 

Momo nodded his spiritual head while Yuan pressed continuously on the remote. The channels became a blur.

His pressing stopped. “It's actually available at two in the morning? That's sweet.” In television was his favorite channel, and currently was showcasing a preview to various news.

While listening to the news of different topics, Yuan found himself dozing off despite drinking coffee. As his eyelids were about to shut, his ears perked up as he heard something unbelievable from the news.

"....Portal-like existence has made an appearance globally." The strange topic made Yuan look over with interest. 

He quickly sat up, Yuan stared at the TV which had shown a picture of an oval portal; the portal was obsidian in color, if not for the strange electrical currents circulating around it, it would've been hard to be discovered by the naked eye.

Although the picture was of low resolution, Yuan managed to see the portal's clear image.

"A portal? On Earth? This doesn't seem possible.” Yuan was doubtful. He left the living room and ran back to his room, where he had picked up his phone and dialed a number. ‘Alien invasion? No, I heard the bridge has been locked off, if it wasn't, I would be back to Zane by now.’

He turned around while waiting for the call to go through.

"This picture has been captured by an online influencer named Mr.Waffleron who makes live streaming content for games...Based on the courtesy, he stated that he was just playing games as usual when a strange noise disturbed him..."

“The picture had a total of a million reactions and a few million retweets before being deleted. The content of the post has been proven real, as mentioned in the picture, Portals has spawned across the globe. Scientists are trying to figure out the cause. We do have doubts, but an alien invasion in this day and time seems possible. This could be a clue to unlocking the mysteries of the unknown side after a long debate about it since the early 1940's..." After speaking the words written in the post, the picture then vanished as the face of the male news anchor reappeared on the screen.

"Portals appeared yesterday evening...”

-- 

Yuan waited, but the call did not go through. He immediately went to text the other party. ‘How could he not answer at this time, don't tell me that Portals are the real deal? Then doesn't that mean the barricade on the bridge has been destroyed?!’ 

As he thought of the last sentence, Yuan's lips curled. Momo felt his master's excitement and was joyful. "Doesn't this mean Master and Momo can go home?”

“Don't jump straight to conclusion, Momo.” Yuan paused. “This doesn't mean we can return, yet. Perhaps we have to wait a little bit longer, I just hope these Portals have enough power to lift up the restrictions on us.”

“Sorry Master."

“Nevertheless, let's be hopeful.” Yuan went near a window and stared at a portal that was of the size of an ant outside. He yearned that everything will flow smoothly and allow him to go back to his wife.

‘I will not hesitate to help them.1Yuan means that if the portals' creatures within wants to start invasion on Earth, he'd help them inexchange of granting a passageway for him to return to Zane.’ He told himself.

Yuan took off his glasses, he turned around and walked towards the kitchen to fetch a cup of water.

Suddenly, a loud dingdong sounded.

Ding~

Dong~

Ding, ding~

Dong~

Yuan drank his water in big gulps and resumed his ordinary behavior, with an irritated expression walked angrily towards the door.

“Who's ringing the doorbell at 3am?!” ‘I never get a visitor this early, but I hear that those who visit this time are either ghosts or just a drunk friend.’

But when Yuan was about to open the door, he found the urge to soften his tone and meet the other party with a gentle expression. He was baffled by his change of emotions but he still went and did that.

The door creaked...

Yuan did not know why but while opening the door, it slowed down.

The door opened and the silhouette of a little person stood outside.

Before Yuan had a chance to speak...

The little girl in braided hair smiled as she jumped towards him. The rabbit she held bounced off in the opposite direction, the duo caught Yuan off guard.

The girl showed a distressed and angry expression as she looked at the rabbit but knowing who was before her, she held back her fury and met the man with her gentlest and most lovable smile. A giggle escaped her lips as she attempted to create an adorable persona.

"Daddy!" 

Yuan retreated but took a step forward, he let the girl hop to his embrace while he stood dumbfounded and with an indiscernible thought flashing in his head while his stagnant heart was beating again.

Uploading until to chapter 10+ for a more comfortable read, will resume the 1 chapter per day update. Thank you <3

3