Chapter 6.
33 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 'Who's child is she?,

Yuan was rooted to position, unable to process everything as fast he once would. The girl embraced him tightly and the place she had wrung her arms on was warm.

He opened his mouth, attempting to tell the younger child that she must've mistaken. But those words hadn't left his lips, instead, he asked gently “Little girl, who are you?” 

The child was taken aback by his question. Even though his actions were considered soft, to the little girl it was a stone that threw ripples of disappointment in her chest. Her father does not recognize her. Yuri glared at her father with dissatisfaction and ache.

The young child looked unusually familiar. Like Shen. But he might be just mistaking her for his wife.

“Daddy, what do you mean? I'm Yuri!” She responded back with a pout, clearly upset that her father did not recognize her at once. “It's Yuri Ling, like Y-u-r-i! And L-i-n-g, altogether L-i-l-y Lily!”

Yuan was silent, then lowered his body to level the little girl. He then brushed her blue hair to the side and stared at the green mole in her forehead. 

"Daddy, I'm Yuri.” Yuri answered and held his clothes tighter than before. “It's me, Yuri. Doesn't daddy remember?” her voice gradually trembled and was about to burst out crying anytime.

"Yuri?” Yuan never heard of anyone of that name before, not that he was familiar with. “You've come to the wrong house little girl, I'm not your Daddy. I have no children...” ‘As of yet ’.

"No! I'm not mistaken, you are daddy! My daddy! I'm Yuri Ling, your youngest!” Yuri yelled, crying. 

‘Ling...That's my surname, but she can't possibly be my. child. I'm faithful, Shen is my only lover. She must be someone from my relatives... [Master, I've scanned her DNA, she is Master's daughter.]

“My...daughter?!” ‘No way, absolutely no way. Don't tell me I had accidentally impregnated someone but that's impossible, or someone had been using my old body, yet I scanned my past carefully and I was missing so it wasn't like any entity used my identity either...’ The confirmation led to countless question surfaces in his mind, Yuan was gradually losing his cool while Yuri wept.

“This...Who's your mother..?” With a forced smile, Yuan asked. 

Yuri raised her head and wiped off her tears, “Sheri Ling.”

The moment he heard the name from her mouth, Yuan scooped the little girl and hugged her tightly. He was heartless, for just before the mother's name was to be known, he was thinking of abandoning any child that did not belong to his wife.

But as powerful people age and try to have kids, it would be hard for them. Just having one child will do and bloodline matters the best, thus if the child had another mother, he would still care for her but his attention will never be on them. He'll never love anyone, be it even his biological child if their mother is not Shen. 

‘Thankfully!’ Yuan thanked gratefully while patting the girl's back to relieve her stress. ‘Thanks to the Demon God that I'm not disloyal to my wife and never committed adultery or anything that may lead to a broken relationship..Plus a child...’

Yuri was at most an exact replica of him but her demeanor was that of Shen. “Yuri, I'm sorry that Daddy didn't recognize you at first glance.”

Yuri, “It's okay, I'm glad Daddy knows Yuri!”

Yuan, “Yes...Come, it's cold outside. And this must be...” He looked at the rabbit on the ground.

“Your holiness, I'm Beta, Amiga's and Ollie's only son.” Beta bowed and showed courtesy. 

“Amiga's son? I last saw you when you were an infant, seeing that you are in your teens, Yuri must be three years old?” 

“Your holiness, you're correct.” 

“It must be tough for Shen, raising our daughter all by himself...” 

“It's okay Daddy, Mommy is strong!”

First Person POV

Y U R I ' S

I revealed the truth to Daddy, as expected he was shocked but his expression was not right. Fortunately, he realized. I decided to forgive him for now.

"Yuri Ling...?" 

 Daddy called my name, and I responded with a hum. My little legs dangled on the fluffy couch as he balanced my back with his other hand. But in a moment of haste, I grabbed his fingers and slid my palm across it.

“Daddy...”

Daddy misses Mommy a lot.... I could tell from the aura that slipped out from his hands, he must've considered I was fragile and held back the strength in his hand, however forgot to conceal his emotions.

I was joyous. I was the first out of our three siblings to meet our father. My goal was achieved and I felt a sense of satisfaction, but knowing Daddy's state of mind, I gathered the goal to let Mommy and Daddy reunite again.

They weren't supposed to be separated in the first place. Thankfully, the original allocated 10 years of travel time will be cut into 5 days, and Mommy will come. Then, Daddy and Mommy will love each other again and never separate, then they will cheer for me and make me their favorite! Good! 

I can't wait! “Daddy, I'm hungry...” I blurted out despite the protest of my subconsciousness. Daddy looked at me for a second and his face was in deep thought for a moment before he responded with a blossoming smile, “Yes!”

…………….

3