Chapter 14.
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 'Masterminds,

A scepter in hand, a man in a dark orange coat sat in his seat. A toothy smile blossomed in his face that contracted towards his dark brown skin.

"1....2.....3.....4..." A melodious voice rang out from the side.

The man cocked his head as his orange eyes were revealed.

"...5" the voice paused upon reaching the number and melodious laughing went after.

"Five minutes, the time is clicking." The voice was now vivid and it revealed a feminine voice that belonged to the tall black silhouette sitting in one of the chairs in the table. A horn shaped shadow grew out of its head. 

"Five minutes, death is coming!" A joyous filled male voice replied and it belonged to the tall black silhouette sitting on the opposite side of the former. A tail with indescribable shapes stuck out on its behind.

The man in dark orange coat laughed along with them as they raised their hands above,

"Come and listen, we'll sing lullabies. Sleep little babies, entertain us until you die!"

Their laughter died out when the voice came to an end. 

______________

"Yuri is really your daughter!?" 

Amie asked aloud as she looked at Yuan that sat on the counter with an indiscernible gaze. Yuri hummed when she realized the aunt's true intention - it wasn't that she wanted to seduce her dad, but to get the book he wrote.

"But Yuri looks a lot like daddy, right Auntie?" Yuri asked with glittering eyes. 

Amie rubbed her head, "Of course you do, it's just that this guy never told me he has a daughter this big!"

Yuan frowned, "It's because you didn't ask, likewise, I just learned early this morning, before dawn."

"What kind of father are you?! Not knowing you have a daughter this cute!?" Amie blinked and looked towards him in disgust. "Anyways, who's the mother?" 

"Shen." Yuan replied as his gaze drifted towards the little cub who had run towards him, holding a book she wanted him to read for her. 

Amie propped her chin,"Where is she?" 

Yuan remained silent as he had no idea on how to tell this friend of his that his wife was in a different world. 

Yuri noticed the trouble her father was into so she turned around and glanced at Amie, "Mommy is with Senhi and Yeshi." 

"Who are Senhi and Yeshi?" 

"They're not strangers, they're my brother and sister. We're triplets." Yuri answered with a smile.

"Triplets?!" Amie yelled, she then looked towards Yuan and shouted, "You have three cuties, that's unfair! Marry that woman named Shen, immediately!"

"Is it my fault you've only got one after five years of marriage." Yuan stated ironically. 

"It isn't my fault either, it's that man I married who goes by the name Matthew!" Amie silently cursed at her 'incompetent' husband. A certain anonymous man named 'Matthew' sneezed and made the wand-like staff he was holding break into pieces.

"And I'm married already."

"What?"

Amie raised her head and looked at Yuan with deep surprise, "You're saying you're married?! You mean, Yuri was made by a....."

She forced herself to not complete the sentence, aware that the child was young and shouldn't hear things like this that she was about to speak rashly.

Yuan's face-palmed himself and cleared the misunderstanding,"I'm sorry but Yuri isn't. She's my daughter with my wife." 

"Oh."

"Eh! You mean you didn't have any idea when your child was born? Four years old! She's four years old and you just came here a few months ago. It couldn't have been that your wife, Shen, had deliberately hidden her pregnancy..."

Yuan slammed the book shut in irritation and looked towards Amie with unkempt anger, "You know you shouldn't get into other's business."

"What my daddy says is true, Auntie Amie.!” Yuri held her index finger in her chin as she rushed towards her, holding Amie's hands, she then said, 

"Mommy said that long conversations should be ended, alright?" 

Amie was dazzled by her and she blankly replied, "Er..yes."

"Umm, excuse me..." 

Amie, Yuri and Yuan looked up. They looked towards the door and stared at the man in a hoodie.

The ringing of the wind chimes only registered just now, Yuan pushed his glasses up as he said, "What is it?"

The man in the hoodie awkwardly laughed, he walked towards the counter and asked, 

"Is there a book about Martial arts, guns and medicine?" 

"Pardon?" Yuan asked, confused about the request.

The man scratched his neck and repeated, "Is there a book about Martial arts, guns and medicine?"

Yuan closed his eyes for a second before opening them back, he pointed at the corner where large bookshelves were aligned, "Martial arts, on the left in 3A. Guns are on the right on 3A while Medicine is on 3B." 

The man glanced at him for a short while and listed down what he said. "Thank you." The man shortly spoke as he walked away.

He walked towards the middle and passed by the lounge. Upon passing there, he blankly stared at the woman with hazel eyes. 

This person looked a lot like her; the woman who was in the first generation hunter in the game. 

That person was very powerful - sadly she (the person in the game) was just an NPC. It is just purely coincidental, the man thought as he shook his head.

He then resumed his walk and then glanced at the two again, now his gaze shifted to the little girl. A sugary emotion flowed within him - cute!! Who could give birth to such a cute creature!

In his sudden turn of his head, his hoodie fell. Yuan had glanced towards the spot and he realized.

"Kim?" He asked.

The man named Kim turned his head to face Yuan as a cringe smile blossomed on his face, "Oh, hi, there, Yuan."

And it was certainly him, Kim, the tenant in the apartment underneath him.

2