Chapter 10 – Nightfall Slaughter
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Han remained silent, lost in his thoughts.

After escorting his teacher to her residence and gathering some essentials for the road, he asked her to rest for a while before returning to his own quarters.

Once inside, Ye Han changed out of his bloodstained and tattered clothes from the Cold Abyss Mining Area and opened a package.

Inside the package lay all of his gains from the mining area:

Seventy-three striking second-tier Monster Beast cores.

Sitting cross-legged in the center of the room, Ye Han picked up a core and suddenly began to channel the Nine Heavens Dragon Control Technique.

The surging energy instantly enveloped the core, and in a moment, it was emptied of its contents, becoming as transparent as a block of ice, its stored energy vanished.

The second core, the third core...

Ye Han's refining speed was astonishing, a testament to the power of the Nine Heavens Dragon Control Technique.

In just about an hour, he had refined all seventy-three cores, their stored energy flooding into every limb and bone of his body.

His face began to redden as his blood surged, a sign of his struggle to contain it.

Fortunately, having reached the ninth layer of the Gathering Core, his control over his own state had improved. Coupled with stronger meridians, bones, and flesh than before, he was able to forcefully suppress the tumultuous energy and blood within him.

After completing this, and having somewhat returned to normal, Ye Han left his dwelling to return to his teacher's attic.

As he went to collect his teacher, he saw Li Kai waiting nearby, accompanied by several high-ranking members of the Flame Academy. It seemed Li Kai had already obtained the Nine Yang Fire Jade and was now suppressing his usual arrogance.

With a deep glance, Ye Han entered the attic: "Teacher, shall we depart?"

"Yes!"

Having rested for nearly two hours, Mo Qingrou's complexion had improved, though she still looked quite haggard.

Ye Han knew well that losing the Nine Yang Fire Jade must have cost his teacher dearly.

Pushing his teacher out of the attic, under the watchful eyes of many at the Flame Academy, Ye Han lifted her onto the prepared carriage and placed the wheelchair inside as well.

"Let's hit the road then!"

Li Kai waved his hand and jumped onto another carriage.

"Principal Su, I apologize for the trouble we've caused the Flame Academy," Mo Qingrou's voice came from inside the carriage.

"No worries, take care!" Su Xiaocang replied with a bitter smile.

What trouble was this, really?

Facing people from the Cycle Academy, everyone had to tread carefully. At least this matter was resolved without incurring the wrath of the Cycle Academy's big shots upon the Flame Academy. It was fortunate that their disciples could still enter the Cycle Academy each year.

The two carriages quickly left the Flame Academy, making their way out of Flame City and speeding northward.

With Li Kai leading the way, Ye Han drove the carriage carrying his teacher, following closely behind. As time passed, his gaze grew colder and colder.

The Primordial Void Domain was vast, and the distance between the Cycle Academy and Flame City was at least tens of thousands of miles. Even with two lion-blooded steeds that could travel ten thousand miles a day, it would take three to four days to reach the Cycle Academy.

After traveling for several hours, night fell with the moon high in the sky.

Li Kai brought his carriage to a halt and called out to Ye Han behind him: "Let's rest here for the night, gather our strength, and set off again tomorrow. Your teacher Mo Qingrou can't endure such a long journey in her current state."

"Fine!"

Ye Han responded indifferently.

He was well aware that Li Kai's concern was not for him or his teacher's fatigue.

He was simply worried that if Mo Qingrou's condition worsened, he wouldn't be able to explain himself.

Although Ye Han didn't know the specifics, he could guess that senior sister Yin wanted more than just the Nine Yang Fire Jade from his teacher; she also wanted to meet Mo Qingrou in person and have her help refine the jade.

Ye Han wasn't a fool; he understood the basics of cultivation. Now that his teacher's realm had fallen to that of a Martial Artist in the Divine Power Realm.

While a Divine Power Realm Martial Artist was a formidable force in Flame City, the Cycle Academy was filled with countless experts and powerful beings. Why would senior sister Yin insist on Mo Qingrou's help to refine the Nine Yang Fire Jade? What price would his teacher have to pay this time?

Having already suffered greatly from relinquishing the Nine Yang Fire Jade, Ye Han couldn't prevent it then, but he would not let his teacher suffer again or pay any other price.

As night deepened, all was quiet under the serene sky.

Time passed, and inside the carriage, Mo Qingrou had already fallen asleep. Li Kai leaned against a rock, teasing Ye Han for a moment, but receiving no response, he too eventually rested.

Unbeknownst to anyone, under the cover of night, Ye Han, who was seated in front of the carriage, suddenly moved, his eyes snapping open with a cold gleam.

He stepped forward silently, like a devil from legends come to claim lives.

Twenty meters, ten meters, five meters!

In an instant, just five meters from Li Kai, Ye Han drew his sword from behind.

With a clang, the sound of metal rang out!

The moonlight reflected a chilling sword aura across Li Kai's body, who abruptly awoke from his slumber.

At the end of his gaze, Ye Han stood with sword in hand, thundering down upon him.

"You...!"

Li Kai's face paled with shock and rage.

But it was too late; the sword, already poised to strike, did not hesitate or miss its mark, targeting Li Kai's heart with deadly precision.

With a hiss...

Li Kai let out a pained cry, his body trembling as he tumbled away.

"Damn it!"

Ye Han cursed under his breath.

From day to night, he had rehearsed this strike countless times in his mind.

Yet, to his surprise, an error had occurred.

The sword had only penetrated half an inch before Li Kai rolled away, dissipating most of the force and failing to completely destroy his heart.

"You're courting death!"

"You little beast, you think you can kill me?"

Having narrowly escaped the fatal blow, Li Kai roared in anger like a slaughtered pig.

His energy surged, and the divine power within him began to stir.

Due to Ye Han's sword qi and energy, Li Kai's upper garments were shredded, revealing a faintly golden inner armor shimmering on his body, with a crack at the heart area.

It was this inner armor that had absorbed over eighty percent of the sword's force; otherwise, Ye Han's strike would have been fatal, leaving Li Kai dead on the spot.

"Kill!"

Without a second thought, Ye Han stepped forward and struck again.

As he moved, the energy within him whirled about wildly.

Boom, boom, boom!

Faint rumblings could be heard from Ye Han's muscles and acupoints.

0