Chapter 2
109 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I rub the bridge of my nose as a lingering phantom pain persists in my brain. The reason? The knowledge of the body I possess. The body I inhabit is truly named Reinhard, and according to the company, he comes from a cartoon called Re-Zero.

He's a human personification of Gameshark, acquiring Divine Protection whenever he needs it, akin to cheat codes—initially classified as a Tier-8 character by the company, the one choosing him as my body downgrades it to Tier-7. This means I lose all of Reinhard's Divine Blessings, except for [Divine Protection of the Sword Saint], and the ability to acquire more Divine Blessings.

However, that's not the only thing I gain. I also possess a powerful sword called Dragon Sword Reid, which can only be unsheathed when facing a worthy opponent. I don't know the criteria for drawing this blade, but I eagerly anticipate it, as Reinhard's memories show it to be a magnificent weapon.

Shaking my head, I retrieve the company phone from my pocket. I review the 'build' the company provided for me. First and foremost, I have a pocket dimension, a vast one spanning approximately thirty square kilometers of land amidst the void.

Additionally, I have perks like unlimited mana. While I can't cast spells with a mana consumption exceeding my reserve, I can cast continuously within my limit.

Furthermore, I'm protected against various forms of attack, notably information-gathering and mental attacks.

I survey the world I'm in, blinking as I realize I've arrived in a place called Campione. It's a fantasy realm where myths are a reality, and to complicate matters further, there are Heretic Gods wreaking havoc.

Didn't Cyl mention I'd meet someone who could help me return to Earth? Where are they?

I draw Reid from my inventory when I sense a massive surge of mana nearby, steadily escalating. The crescent moon transforms into a full, blue moon.

Something isn't right. I gaze at the sea and witness a woman emerging from the mist. She has three faces, torches, and a key in her hands, accompanied by dogs and a snake.

I point my sword at her and demand, "Who are you?!"

She sneers in response. "Darest thou question me?!"

I'm taken aback by her archaic speech. "You appeared without warning!"

She regards me, her eyes briefly shining before a look of confusion crosses her face. "Thou dost possess divinity, yet thou art not one of those abominations. What art thou?"

I frown at her words and reply, "I am human."

"Hmph! Very well. I shall receive the answer from thy corpse."

She directs her torches towards me and sends her dogs charging. I widen my eyes as the dogs suddenly appear before me. My vision shifts, revealing a line guiding me to dodge or parry their attacks. I follow the line, dodging and striking the dogs' weak points with my sword.

Though Reid remains sheathed, it still functions as a formidable weapon. I swing and strike one of the dogs on the head, then swiftly thrust my sword towards the one aiming for my neck. I push it to the ground, creating a crack on the ground from the impact.

However, to my surprise, the dog underneath me explodes into a black mist, and I can feel my body get weaker because of the mist. Fortunately, it did not last long as a new Divine Protection appears to block this effect. It is called [Divine Protection of Anti-Magic].

This Divine Protection makes me immune to any magic buff, debuff, and curse arts.

I glare at the remaining dog and swing my sword to kill it. I glared at the woman who sent the dog and said.

"What the fuck is your problem?!"

However, instead of answering me, the woman looks at me in anger and says.

"Thee dareth to discard mine own beshrew?! Who is't doth thee bethink thou art?!"

What the hell is wrong with this woman!? You are the one attacking, but why are you the one angry at me?!

"I walk with Magic freely. The path of understanding existence and all its mysteries. For I hear the heartbeat of the world and feel its breath all around me. There is no limit to Magic, nor can I be limited. For I am the Will of Magic itself!"

And now she talks normally! Wait! Is that magic circles?!

I focus on battle and start to dodge the attack. My first Divine Protection did not give me a line to attack these attacks. That can only mean one thing. It cannot be destroyed. That means I can only dodge it.

I push all my mana into my body to enchant my body and dodge all the magic that flies at me. While dodging all the attacks, I can feel three new Divine Protections appear inside of me. The first one is called [Divine Protection of Divine Immunity], which gives me 80% resistance against any Divine-type magic. The second one is [Divine Protection of First Sight], which lets me counter and dodge any attack that I experience for the first time. The third one is [Divine Protection of Binding], which gives me immunity to any binding magic.

After dodging a hundred times, I dash forward while ducking to dodge another incoming attack and run toward the woman. While running, I can feel a new Divine Protection appear from my desire to reach her. It is called [Divine Protection of Air Dashing], which lets me kick the air and fly through the air.

I kick the air and continue to dodge all the magic coming at me. A second later, I arrive in front of her and swing down my sword. She sneers at me and creates a barrier between us. A shockwave appears when my sword hits the barrier, and I am thrown away from her.

I land on the ground and cough some blood from the impact. What is happening? Oh, wait. I now know the reason why after getting another Divine Protection. It is called [Divine Protection of Reflecting Damage], which protects me from any reflect-based attack.

While wiping the blood from my mouth, I smirk a little when something clicks inside my mind.

"You are finally ready to be released, huh?"

I smirk and take out Reid from its sheath. Light starts to dance around my sword as I store the sheath inside my inventory. I look at the woman in front of me, who maintains her arrogant expression and says.

"Round two, bitch!"

5