chapter 4
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since riches are useless, it's best to ignore them, so my attention was turned to the only other thing in the room, which is also a mountain. Although this mountain is slightly larger than the previous one, it is not made up of anything valuable that I could identify and instead is made up of dark red cherry-like rocks the size of a fist.

Despite the strangeness of the rocks and the fact that if they were kept in the vault, they must be valuable. My gaze quickly fixed on what lay on the rocks.

At the top of the mountain was an oval egg-like object. Looking at it from afar, it looks like it's made of steel, so I'm not sure what it is. But one thing is for sure, that object must be important and could even give me answers. I mean, it's very eye-catching.

The problem is that I don't know how to get it down from there, I tried to climb up but the rocks crumble. If I collapse the mountain I could bring it down, but if it turns out to be a real egg there’s a chance that it could break and I don't want that to happen, so despite the risk the most reliable thing is to go up.

I'm not an expert in climbing, but I did my best not to get buried by the rocks.

Climbing was harder than I thought, I don't know how long it took but I'm sure it was quite a long time. But in the end, at the pace of a turtle, I managed to reach the top.

What I found at the top was a kind of nest made of rocks and there lay the egg at least one meter high and about 30 cm wide. Although it doesn't look like a natural egg, it looks as if someone has put a scale armor made of solid steel on it to protect it.

In fact, you can't see any seams on it. Overall it looks like a normal egg, but I'd like to think it was created because otherwise, I don't want to imagine how much it hurt the ass that laid that egg. I mean, the scales are open and look very sharp, so if it came out of the butt of something, that something I don't think had a great time.

Whether it is a handicraft or a natural egg, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's simply magnificent. I was so lost observing the egg that I tried to touch it, even though I knew it was not very smart to do so with those knives it has for scales.

The obvious happened, I cut off the palm of my hand as soon as I rub the eggshell. The good thing is that apparently because it's a dream I do not experience pain.

But I must say that the amount of blood that came out was somewhat exaggerated compared to the wound. Despite that, my attention wasn't on the little river in my hand, because when I cut myself, some of the blood sprayed on the egg causing it to move.

Since I felt no pain and the blood loss didn't seem to affect me, I mean, it's a dream, right? Then I let the liquid gushing from my hand fall on the egg freely.

*crack*

"shit"

As the blood continued to fall, the egg began to crack, which was within the realm of possibility. But I was so focused that it still took me by surprise, causing me to almost fall off the hill. Luckily I have feline reflexes and managed to avoid a safe fall.

The scales fell like dominoes, slowly revealing its insides.

That day I met Danamus for the first time and it was also when I discovered that dying doesn't hurt........In the dream, of course.

I admit I was reckless, but I can’t be blamed. I mean, it was a totally unknown being coming out of a knife-covered egg. It was normal for me to try to reach out and touch it, although if I had to use one word to describe that moment, that word would definitely not be -subtle-.

Luckily I am a quick learner and the egg, like everything else, when I wake up returns to its initial place and when it hatches it doesn't seem to remember me. That gave me the opportunity to try several ways to get closer, so the following days I was more careful until I found the right way to do it without dying. The solution was not difficult, but my excitement prevented me from seeing it, all I had to do was to be subtle.

Although I also began to question my own sanity. The dream itself seems very real, but except for me, all that was there so far were inanimate objects.

But with the appearance of Danamus that changed and I began to question whether this is just a dream or something else. I mean, I know my mental capacities and I don't think I can imagine a living being in such a detailed way, especially if that being is one I've only seen in fictional stories.

The most sensible thing to do in that situation was to seek professional help, but, of course, I don't want to be labeled as crazy at the first consultation. So I was a bit averse and also embarrassed to tell anyone that I had fantastic dreams. Still, my mental health is more important and that's when I met Mr. Charles.

The dream itself doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's so repetitive that I'm worried about getting lost in that loop and confusing reality with dream. I don't want to walk down the street half-naked screaming that the world will come to an end because of dragon attacks. I don't have anything against people who do it, but I don't remember saying as a child -When I grow up I want to be like them-

Even so, the consultations did not stop the dreams, everything remained the same and I kept looking for some clue that would unveil the mystery. Perhaps one of my ancestors is trying to tell me something through the dream and it would be an insult on my part to waste his efforts.

When I can no longer find objects or anything interesting, I decided to taste the fruits. Since dying doesn't hurt, the worst that can happen is that I wake up, so I'm not worried about the fruits being poisonous.

There are only five different types of fruit, of which two seem to be poisonous and one seems to be a paralytic. So I can only eat the last two, but I'm not complaining as they taste very delicious.

I was surprised to learn that I have the sense of taste in a dream and that made me realize that both touch and smell are also present. Interestingly, there's no pain, so it's pretty rare.

Between research, experiments and findings, the loop continues to this day.

The talk with Mr. Charles lasted an hour, with little or no real results. But being able to talk to someone about something so absurd without being looked at as an adult refusing to grow up is a great help.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Charles, I'll see you next week"

"Don't forget to take the medicine and do the exercises"

"Of course, see you later"

"Until next time"
..............
*steps*

"Have a good night Miss Mila"

"Same Mr. Mea"

It was already a little after six o'clock in the evening, so I stopped by the drive-thru for a burger and something to drink for dinner and returned home exhausted from what I had done today.
----------------------------------------
I took a shower to get rid of the exhaustion and lay in bed like I hadn't done it in days.

With everything done, I could finally enjoy the last of what was supposed to be my day off. Food, drink and a good show was all I needed.

I had pending messages, unimportant things such as work, invitations, bland conversations about what happened during the day and some gossip. But since they also provide me with entertainment, I decided to answer them.

Time passed quickly, it was late at night, my body was asking for rest to digest the food and replenish energy. As usual, I got up and gave a last round to the house. You can never be too cautious,I don't want to sleep and not wake up because of an intruder, or worse, wake up and discover that the apartment is empty, a scene of terror that I would like to avoid.

Already in bed I have a strange moment, I mean, I'm sleepy and I want to rest, but I know I'm going to ......wake up?. Besides, knowing what I'm going to dream about makes my mind momentarily confused.

Previously I tried to bring real objects into my dreams in different ways: sleeping next to them, tying them to me with a rope or thinking about them. But everything had the same result, a complete failure. The object never appeared in the dream.

I also tried to change sleep by stimulating my imagination by watching movies and shows of different genres before bedtime. But the result was the same, that is, a failure. Not even a single stone changed its place.

At this point, although expectant, since I must admit I grew fond of the place, I was also frustrated. I mean, it's been more than three months of dreaming the same thing and I had no reason for my condition, no answer to my search or any significant change. It didn't seem like the dreams were going to stop either.

Above all, I'm bothered by the fact that it's something that happened out of nowhere and I can't control it. It's very unpleasant.

0