Chapter 5
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Little by little my consciousness was erased, the process of sleeping and waking up was not instantaneous. I don't understand how, but the feeling it gives me is similar to walking aimlessly in the dark, without seeing or feeling anything at all, until out of nowhere the light would come on and like magic I would appear in the city square.

Debris and nature came into my view until the wall prevented me from seeing any further.

*Sigh*
“I know it’s a dream, but it keeps surprising me. Anyway here we go again little dragon, your savior has come to rescue you from that oval prison”

The first thing is to hatch Danamus, who is resting in the vault, so the chosen direction is obviously the castle. Since I discovered Danamus, the first thing I do when I arrive is to wake him up, so at least I won't be alone.

For all the time I've spent searching for a mystery that may not even exist, I already know this place by heart, so it didn't take me long to get to the castle.

Four towers of at least 20 meters surrounded a structure that reminded me of the palace of Vaux-le-vicomte and a fifth tower rose above the dome of the central body. Inside, although time and nature had erased much of its decorations, it still retained some of its former majesty.

The process of hatching Danamus is always the same, however, experience makes perfect and instead of letting the blood spread by itself, I discovered that it is better to spray blood all over the egg. I don't need an excessive amount as it happened initially, only a few drops are needed to touch the whole egg, or at least that's the conclusion I came to.

I put my hand on the egg and its scales cut my skin like butter. Blood spurted out and without waiting any longer, I quickly shook my arm, spreading blood stains all over the eggshell.

As usual, after a tinkling sound, the scales came off, the first to fall being those at the top.

At first I thought the blood served as a catalyst to form some contract or bond between me and the newborn. With that belief in mind, I imagined myself becoming a powerful dragon tamer, controlling and giving commands while enjoying the air, sitting on their heads.

Contrary to my expectations, the blood didn't even allow me to influence his actions, let alone control him. It was my mistake, a mistake for which I died several times.

Yes, after two deaths in a row for the same reason, I should have realized it wouldn't work. But I didn't want to give up on the idea of taming a mythological being, even if it was just in a simple dream. But in the end I had to give up, I was just wasting time.

According to my speculation, all I'm doing is saying "hey wake up" yeah, I'm just a damn alarm clock.

It's like throwing water in someone's face to wake them up. You can either enjoy the joke or wake up wanting to kill the one who dares to interrupt your sleep so abruptly, it all depends on the charisma of the person.

When I came to that conclusion, I tried waking him up with water, but the egg had no reaction, so I still had to do my job as an alarm clock. Although it doesn't matter the method, I mean, getting cut doesn't hurt and losing blood doesn't affect me.

“guyar guyar”

Despite being a newborn, it is quite impressive the musculature he possesses, with a height similar to a bulldog, navy blue eyes, dark turquoise scales that degraded until they were yellow at the end. Two long ivory-colored horns rest on the top of his head, as well as two smaller ones near his forehead. Golden scales cover its belly matching its claws, along with a pair of beautiful turquoise wings that it extends to look bigger and more intimidating, just like right now.

I admit that the first time instead of intimidating I thought it was cute and that's why I approached recklessly, which well, resulted in me being bitten and then torn apart by his claws. But no one ever taught me how to train my dragon, so it was a mistake brought on by lack of knowledge.

Right now he doesn't seem very happy to see me invading his nest. He doesn't attack, he just waits to see my movements and if I do something that alerts him, it'll be certain death.

“GRRRRRR”

“Calm down, calm down! I'm not an enemy......and I'm not a food. Look here at delicious poisonous fruits along with crunchy red rocks. Come on, eat!”

Luckily I'm already an expert in dragon breeding and I know that food is the solution to calm him down, which makes sense. I mean, I too turn into a beast when my stomach is empty. In any case, for some strange reason it only eats red rocks and fruits that are similar to peaches.

Previously when I saw him eating the rocks I tried to eat them too, but it was a complete failure. I'm not a dragon, so I have neither his strength nor his teeth and trying to eat them whole is impossible, or at least it is for me, who am not an expert at swallowing things. I also tried sprinkling blood on the rocks as I did with the egg, but there was no reaction. Peaches, on the other hand, are poisonous, or at least to me it is, since Danamus eats them as if they were sweets.

“guyar?”

“Yes, yes, eat, eat”

Maybe it's because he's a newborn, but even though he's a mystical being, his thoughts are pretty simple 'friend or foe', although at first I struggled to figure out where that line was, luckily this is a dream, otherwise I would have already been reincarnated as a roast chicken.

The day passed in the same way as on previous occasions, after the little one enjoyed his food, including the eggshell, we left the vault to explore the city. I know I won't find anything new, but maybe I've missed something important or the dream finally changes, I don't know, so it's best to take a round to be sure.

Even though he now sees me as a friend, Damanus does not approach me and sometimes disappears from my sight. Maybe he can leave the city or just go back to the vault for food, but I am not sure, he is already very fast and of course he has wings, he can fly which makes it very difficult to follow him, on previous occasions I tried to get him to leave the city but I did not succeed. Hence my doubt if he escapes to the vault or leaves city without telling me.

As time goes on and how he sees that I won't hurt him or maybe he realized that I am too weak to hurt him? In any case he gradually got more confident and got closer, which makes some sense. I mean, it's a newborn and I'm the only other living thing in the place. It was only natural that seeing that I'm not an enemy, his curiosity would lead him to approach me. My vast experience in raising dragons tells me that in these cases you have to be patient.

As usual, in my morning search I came to the ruins of what I believe was an academy or perhaps a very large hotel. In any case, whenever I enter this place I have the feeling that at any moment the walls that still remain may collapse on me.

"Ouch hey, I'm not as strong as you, you know?"

While I was focused trying to find something that even I don’t know what the fuck it is, the little guy appeared only to hit me in the thigh with his tail. Although it seems that when he gave the blow he took into account my weakness, since there is pain but no fracture. Even so, if the blow had been a little harder, he would have broken my leg.

“guyar guyar guyar”

"Hey, stop, stop hitting me or you'll be sorry you pissed me off"

“guyar guyar”

"Okay, okay you’re the boss, happy?"

“guyar”

“Don't act conceited my scaly friend, just be thankful you're a newborn or things wouldn't be so easy for you”

*tack*
“guyar”

“Ouch, who said anything? Did you say something? I didn't say anything”

“......."

“Oh¡ by the way, your name will be danamus, how about it? Do you like it?”

“guyar?”

"Of course, it's a great name, unique, worthy of the most powerful dragon that ever existed. Believe me, this is being told to you by someone who has seen more dragons than you can imagine"

“guyar”

“Boy, you're superb. Let's get out of here quick before we're buried alive, little guy”

“guyar”

“Excuse me, let me correct my words.... Cough* Could we please get out of this place? His Great and Mighty Highness Danamus, Ruler of Dragons”

“guyar”

“.......”

Wandering around and searching through the ruins in his company wasn't so boring, since Danamus, after declaring his lead in the group, didn't disappear again, so the rest of the day

0