Chapter 8
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I guess the darkness also activated the predators, as the atmosphere became chilling like in one of those bad horror movies. The silence of the night, the icy wind along with the roar of the animals and the song of the nocturnal birds made the atmosphere like a typical story used in those movies that I always despised. But living it and just imagining it are two different things. I must say I'm not afraid of the dark, but the mix of the image of the sky and the sounds of nightlife was enough to made my skin crawl.

*MAUMAUMAUMAU*

*AURRRRRRRRRRRRL*

*HUUUUUUUOAK oak oak oak HUUUUUUUOAK oak oak oak*

*GRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAA*

*HMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRR*

*OUH GA GA GA GA GA OUG*

*aeurk aeurk aeurk AEURK AEURK AEURK*

*haaaaa*
"Shit"

I almost died because of a pony and I don't want to imagine what would have happened if instead of the pony there was one of the animals that make those sounds and even birds could be dangerous. Many times I heard people say that the most beautiful places are also the most dangerous and one thing is for sure, this place could kill me as if I were an ant.

"Guyar!"

"Yes, inside the castle it seems safer"

"...."

The cruel sounds of nature along with the mesmerizing view made me lose track of time and I didn't notice the moment my roommate stood next to me. I honestly don't know how to feel about my current situation, I can't even get angry. I mean, who should I blame? Besides, I don't know what's going on with my dream either. The useful information I possess at the moment is almost nil and yet there are so many things I need to understand that at the moment my mind is unable to process everything.

"Come on, I need to rest, oh! Thank you friend"

For now all I can do is recover, so for the rest of the night it's best to rest. I mean, I can't do anything else either. In any case, going back was more comfortable than going out, especially because this time I had Danamus to help me walk and I didn't have to crawl like a slug.

I tried to fall asleep but my head was still busy thinking about things so I didn't make it. I was so distracted that at some point in the night my roomate disappeared and I didn't notice. Maybe he had taken advantage of the night to do his dragon things or he was just sleeping on his mountain of riches.

'-follow the flow of the river and you can reach the sea- one step at a time'

Overthinking things will only serve to wear out my mind more, so I forced myself to sleep. And that's when I realized that I was actually very tired, it only took a couple of seconds for me to fall into a deep sleep.


Resting definitely helped. The next morning, when I woke up, I could feel that my mind was more in order, so it was an excellent therapy to calm my mind, but on the other hand it didn't help the pain in my body, even thinking about it causes me pain. Definitely the floor is not a good place to sleep, especially if you have broken ribs and a baby dragon is your alarm clock.

"ouch, hey, hey, stop, STOP!, dude you have to be more subtle with me, I'm just a simple and fragile human, you know? I'm not a dragon and in case you've forgotten, I'm hurt"

One more day and apparently it will be in this place. I had hoped that I would wake up in my bed, but it seems that my prayers were not answered. One thing is for sure, this situation is not normal and for the time being I'd better take this as reality or this was always my reality? In any case it is already two nights waking up inside the dream, so I only have the option of death, but I don't want to die to test if I can wake up, only to discover that I really died.

With a new day came new problems, human waste. I don't want to walk around and step on one of my own waste, so I must find a place where it won't cause any inconvenience, because places near water are out of the question. The distant forest or even outside the walls would be a good option, but the risk is very high and I don't think I will be able to defecate under that pressure.

"Come to think of it, boy, where are you shitting?"

"..."

"..."

Apparently, that will be a question that will not be answered at the moment

The following days passed with me trying to recover, the problem of the waste I managed to solve it by digging some holes near the walls. a place where I think it will not cause any problems. Danamus has been taking care of me all this time as if he were a babysitter, I must say he is quite dedicated, he always brings me fruits at the same time, the fruit is tasty, but honestly after four days in a row of eating the same thing, my palate feels tired. Call me a destroyer of life, but I need some substance.

"Friend I appreciate the fruit, but I'd like some meat if possible"

"...."

"Hey, don't look at me like that, it's not a whim. Remember that I'm hurt and I need this kind of thing to recover"

"guyar"

"No, it's not blackmail, it's necessary for my recovery, believe me I know about these things"

Of course, I devoured the fruit. I can’t be too picky right now either, and to be honest, I don't think I'll be able to eat something as solid as meat. I mean, just swallowing the fruits makes me feel pain and they’re very soft. So making that request was just me complaining. Besides, I don’t want Danamus to get hurt, my body still hurts and I can’t stand for a long time, so I'm completely dependent on him. So again, making that request was just a way of complaining about the situation.

In the evening, at supper time, my dragon nurse came back dragging the body of one of the pony-deer that inhabit the prairie.

“......”

I honestly didn't expect it. I know it's funny for me to say it when I was the one who made the request, but I admit it took me by surprise.

“guyar! guyar!”

"I know I was the one who ordered the meat and call me picky, but....... would like it cooked"

"GRRRRRR"

"Don't be nervous. Now then, how can we make a fir-?

*woosh*
*crick*

"....."

"Grw"

"You can breathe fire... Well, you're a dragon... it makes sense"

I tried not to pay too much attention to the new discovery and instead focused on creating a makeshift campfire with some rocks and dry sticks. I washed the meat a bit to remove the dirt and put it on the rocks. Danamus' claws were like knives, so cutting the pieces of meat wasn't difficult, but he clearly did not know the butcher's trade as he tore the poor animal in a rather brutal way.

I must say that the taste is not bad, contrary to my expectations, the meat was quite tender and even with my limited primitive grilling skills, the meat was easy to chew. Sure, it lacked some salt, but an improvised wildfruit sauce added a tangy touch that covered up the lack of salt a bit. It was a moment of pleasure that I enjoyed with each piece that went into my mouth.

The days went by and except for the first day, the following days passed relatively quietly. Today I went out to get my own food since my companion didn't show up for breakfast and also today marks the third week since I arrived here.

'Surely he's in the vault resting, what am I going to do with this lazy young'

I know I am still not completely recovered, but at least I feel much better, I can finally move more easily, there is still some discomfort, but if I do not overdo it with the effort, it's tolerable. Besides there are many things I have to do and I have already lost a lot of time because of my initial recklessness.

'I have to get out of here, even though animals don't enter the walls, I don't want to die locked up like a hamster'

Let's recap, we can't get out of the walls, although Danamus manages to hunt young animals, we don't know how dangerous the adults are, besides those are only the ones that live near the wall and the goats feed on grass, and for now all I know about the predators are the roars I hear at night, so I don't know how dangerous they are either. I don't have weapons and my only means of defense might be poisonous fruits, but I'd have to get them to eat them or find a way to get the poison into their system.

"Arrows!"

While I walked and thought about how to create a bow, I headed to the castle in search of the remains of the eggshell from which Danamus emerged, it is the only thing inside the city that I can remember, it has the size and sharpness to be the tip of the arrows and could also serve as a knife to shape the branches. The young dragon's claws are sharper, but honestly after seeing what he did with the meat I don't trust his skill.

0