Chapter 15
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Explore the Outside

First Attempt
About 200 meters from the gate I could see my tormentors, the culprits for me being locked up in this cage like a bird that was abducted from its home to fulfill the twisted and selfish desires of a vain person. Several herds of deer-pony walked in the distance without even paying attention to the ruins, as if this place did not exist.

'I can't hide forever in this place, I refuse to believe that a damn goat creates such a strong trauma for me. I just hope I don't suffer a setback again, that would slow things down more than necessary'

"Buddy, can you go ahead and see if there are animals nearby?"

*Whoosh*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"....."

*Whoosh*
*Tud*

“Garr”

"Clear? perfect"

*IIIEEEFFFFF HAAAAAA*

"Here we go"

Near the walls there are no places to hide, so I had planned two defense systems if I met an animal, play dead or run. It sounds silly, but I didn't have much choice either. I mean, Danamus could defend me, but he could only fight an animal and only if the animal was young. To say I was nervous was an understatement, so I started my escape slowly in a crouch, I didn't want to alert the goats either.

What was I trying to accomplish? Even I didn't know. I mean, even if I managed to escape from this place, I would surely have to return. After all, so far it's a safe haven. I have food, water, a safe place to rest, and my experiments are here. Besides, I like this place, it's like my home, but the feeling of being a prisoner, even if it was in my own home, is not pleasant. So, I wanted to feel that leaving the walls was an option and that I can leave whenever I want.

And to achieve that I have to learn, to know what kind of animals are those that inhabit the prairies, they are my jailers and if I want to leave this place I must know how many different species there are, their habits and how dangerous they can be.

So this risk I had to take sooner or later and apparently today is my lucky day, because near the ponies there was a huge rock with brown grass growing out of it which was perfect for hiding, which gives me a chance to see the beasts more closely, I just hope they don't have a good nose.

Approaching the forest was risky, a pattern I had noticed is that the closer to the forest the density of animals is higher. Also with the distance and my low vision it was impossible to know what species they belonged to, but if I had to guess I would say they were more goats.

In any case, it doesn't matter if they are goats or not. what is certain is that if there are so many animals gathered together, surely there must also be a predator and if a young goat almost killed me, I don't want to think what could happen to me if I fall into the jaw of a predator.

As I thought about that terrible event that I wish I could avoid, I moved away from the city and slowly approached the rock, but my slow pace was disturbed by the movement of the group of goats I was trying to spy. This made me more nervous than I already was and for a moment I thought they had noticed my presence.

I admit that it wasn't a moment where I could brag about my bravery and I even almost ran back without a second thought. The pain that damn goat caused is still ingrained in my mind, but seeing Danamus' tranquility gave me a little confidence.

But of course, it was just a little bit of confidence, I was still nervous so I got down on the ground, I crawled over to the rock to try to see what was going on and from what little I could see I think it's a dispute, I mean, two goats were facing each other and their bleating was pretty loud, so I don't think they're just chatting. Also, I'm no pony expert, but I think it's a love affair problem.

Hoping they wouldn't notice me, I did a Sprint of the kind you do when you forgot something on the stove and I got to the rock in an instant. I was trying to go unnoticed, so I lay down on the ground next to the rock so that it would hide me and I waited for the scuffle to start, now I had a front row seat to watch the fight.

Crawling like a caterpillar can give me camouflage, but it has a drawback, it is very slow. So as the group was entertaining encouraging the contenders and as in the midst of every crisis, lies great opportunity. It was a perfect opportunity that I could not miss to get closer, observe their behavior in their habitat and see the appearance of the adult specimens, since so far I have only seen the carcass of the young deer.

My place was perfect, if I had a camera it would be the ideal moment to record a documentary about ponies. I was quite close to the female goats and as far as I can see they don't have horns like the young ones, but they are not the same either, their bodies are much more robust, they also have a kind of X-shaped pattern between the chest and the front legs.

Next to them were the baby ponies who luckily don't yet take steroids like their parents. I mean, they look like a normal kid-foal, with no armor or tattoos on their bodies. I could easily take them home and raise them as pets.

While the females seemed to be having a good day with their young enjoying the show, the males, on the other hand, were overly excited. Like when your team loses and the opposing team's fans come to brag in your face. And if you add to that their appearance that didn't seem friendly at all, it was obvious to notice that they are not having a good time.

Their bodies were just as robust as the females, but with horns, which by the way, now that I can see them up close, those horns are like swords and most of them have six of them. I could also see some that have fewer, but perhaps they lost them in battle or are shedding them.

In addition to their dangerous horns, another difference I noticed was the patterns that in the females was an X and in the males is like a swirl that crisscrosses to give shape to the weave of a chain that starts on their chest and extends throughout the body. I don't know what its purpose is, but if it is to impress it served its purpose because it impressed me.

It is clear that I still do not fully understand this place, but even so, I thought that with the time that has passed and my discoveries, at least I knew a little more about this place. But whenever I think that I know the environment better, this place takes care of reminding me that I don't know anything yet and that everything outside the walls is unknown and dangerous.

The bucks finished their preparations and as expected began their battle. The two goats that were in the spotlight ran against each other. Their bodies had not even collided and I had already understood why Danamus can only hunt these critters if they are young.

When the two goats were an instant away from colliding, the swirls of their necks along with their horns lit up. I thought they would clash their foreheads or antlers like deer do, but instead, the beasts lowered their heads and using their horns as knives, sought out their opponents' necks.

A thundering Clanck traveled across the prairie. The wave of wind created by the impact passed over my head, but before I could recover from the shock, an earthen spike came out of the ground and hit the other goat in the stomach. And a new sound from Clanck was present at the scene. But the animal that received the blow to its ribs did not care to be almost impaled by an earth spike, and instead the blow seemed to make him angrier, and this emboldened pounced against his opponent like a bullet.

At that moment my eyes lost sight of the figure of the animal, I could only see how the gray mass collided with the other goat. A loud explosion was heard and the boom was followed by the wailing of the victim as it was thrown into the air and then crashed to the ground a few meters later.

It seems that the poor beast was taken by surprise, as he was unable to dodge and his armor could not resist the impact, which led him to his current state, in which his pride and body were severely beaten.The attacker, on the other hand, looked triumphant as blood trickled down from his horn to his forehead.

But the beaten goat, far from being frightened or worried by the wound in his stomach, got up angry giving strong bleating and as if to reciprocate his anger, the swirls on his body lit up more brightly, making his body tense and in turn this action seemed to prevent the blood from continuing to flow with fervor. Although it did not heal the wound, it was enough for the wrestler, who, driven by his anger and the humiliation suffered in front of the spectators, lashed out at his opponent, thus replicating the event in which he was beaten.

But the opponent did not care that his enemy stood up, apparently the previous blow gave him enough confidence to give himself the freedom not to take it seriously. Perhaps he thought that the wound he had inflicted on his rival was enough to determine the fate of the battle, or perhaps he was the favorite to win the contest from the start.

0