Chapter 16
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now I understand why you were afraid to hunt the adults, why didn't you tell me before? Don't worry, you don't have to feel ashamed, I wouldn't have dared to hunt them either"

"......"

'Shit, then animals use magic too'

"Fuck, this just makes things more complicated"

The fight continued to unfold regardless of my complaints of my bad luck and despite his initial setback, the wounded deer managed to turn the battle around when one of the spikes managed to piercethe neck of the pony that had earlier boasted of wounding him.

"Danamus dragon, parasite type, I choose you"

"GRRRR"

"So that's just the way things are. You get mad at me, but you're afraid of a weak and fragile goat. But you call yourself the Lord of Dragons. Your dragon ancestors would be very disappointed in you if they listened to you"

The match was rapidly approaching its end, the goat that had started winning the fight, saw helplessly how victory and life were slipping away. The wound he received along with the continuous loss of blood caused him to lose his reflexes and he could no longer defend himself from the attacks, much less fight back.

The poor animal was cornered by his opponent, who did not give him time to recover and soon his whole body was soaked in blood. Although I must say that I found it impressive that despite all the wounds on his body, the animal showed no fear or desire to surrender, it was like a machine that did everything possible to find the weakness of his opponent.

Although it was clear that they were just the last blows of a dying goat, so I don't know if it was bravery, recklessness or he already knew he wouldn't last long and wanted to take his enemy with him to the world of the dead. In any case, the fact that the fight was about to end was my signal to leave the place. I don't want to risk a deer excited and angry about the fight seeing me and thinking I'm an enemy.

"You know, I don't know if knowing more about these critters made me feel better or worse. You have advantages, I mean, you're a dragon, but I don't even know if I'll be able to use magic. And seeing how things are, if this is the level of danger of herbivores, if I meet the animals that eat these goats they will turn me into a puree"

"......"

*HAAAAAA*

"Besides, I'm smarter and look a lot more appetizing than you, so if they attack us it's obvious that I'd be their main target"

“Guyar”

"Friend, you have to accept it, you couldn't have it all, but it's okay in our friendship I'm the handsome and smart one, you on the other hand are the muscles and scal-"

"roork"

*ief ief*

"........."

As I tried to retreat from the spot, my bad luck kicked in and the damn rock turned into an armadillo. His entire armored body was covered with dried moss as if it were an ornament, and I could even see some dry roots coming out of his ears and under his small Merlot-red eyes, teardrop-shaped rubies formed a continuous path that joined with the roots that came out of his ears to cover his entire body.

And if you add his at least three meters tall, a couple of tons of weight and the beard that made him look like a senile old sage, he looks pretty impressive, but friendly. Of course, pandas look cute and friendly until you're attacked by one like me right now.

It is clear that my plan of running when I encounter an enemy is no longer an option, if all animals can use magic it will be very difficult to escape. Even though this animal looks very slow, nothing guarantees me that a spike won't appear out of nowhere and pierce me like a skewer. It was a moment of absolute terror, all my senses were alert, I don't know if it was my will or fear that paralyzed me, but I stayed as still as a statue and even forgot to breathe.

The second option of my plan was to lie down on the ground and play dead, but if one thing became clear to me after observing the goat fight is that I know nothing about the behavior of these critters and maybe they will take my movement as an attack. Besides if standing up I could be pierced by a ground spike, lying on the ground I don't think it would be very smart. Not to mention that if that thing steps on me at the end of the day there will be one more tortilla and one less human.

But the gigantic animal didn't care that I was terrified by its presence and came up to me to sniff me trying to recognize me. His long whiskers brushed against my head, causing my whole body to tremble. I knew I had no chance of escaping if I tried to run, so I forced myself to calm down and put my life in the hands of fate.

All that was left was to hope that the animal in front of me would lose interest and walk away, but I couldn't rely entirely on luck. So I held my breath as long as I could and tried to control my nerves enough that my body wouldn't move and for the first time in my life I prayed.

*Ief Ief*

"rooork"

The beast turned his face away from me and I thought that my incredible ability had convinced him to leave me alone, or maybe he thought I wasn't worth it, I didn't care what the reason was, the important thing was that I was safe. I thought that luck had finally smiled on me and I had managed to escape from danger, but the joy of the moment made me forget that luck is a motherfucker who enjoys my suffering.

And that's because the bastard didn't walk away without causing harm. I mean, it's not that he didn't care about my presence, he could have easily killed me with his claws, but the son of a bitch thought I wasn't worth the effort and instead used his tail like a whip to deal me a death blow, as if I were a fly he could swat away with his tail.

The sad thing is that I was exactly that, a fly that could only watch helplessly as death approached me at such a speed that I couldn't even follow the movement of its tail with my eyes. And in just an instant I was able to watch my whole life and the decisions that brought me to this moment go by.

It's funny how my mind was able to process so much information in such a short time and all to reach a conclusion: it was stupid, to leave the city without having a real means of defense, it was stupid. I had the metal leaves, though they probably wouldn't have helped, but at least I could have tried to hurt the armadillo and that would have given me time to escape, but I didn't even bring a single one with me.

*Buosh*

*Boom*

"ROOOOUR"

The hot air that reached my face brought me out of my stupor, it seems that unlike me Danamus did have a real plan to get out of the current situation, or maybe he was just improvising, in any case he created an opportunity to escape that I could not miss.

Before the armadillo killed me like an insect with its tail, Danamus threw a fireball that created an explosion with enough power to prevent the whip from advancing, thus preventing the animal from fulfilling its mission. Besides, it seems that I also managed to cause him some pain, as the beast completely forgot about me and focused its attention on the young dragon, which created the opportunity I was waiting for.

It all happened in such a short time that I couldn't even blink or breathe again. Still, I didn't stop to think if I needed to breathe and I started running with all the strength I had. May be cowardly, but it was all I could do. Besides, it was for moments like this that I was exercising.

Of course, I was worried about Danamus, but instead of helping him, staying would only make the situation more dangerous. He created the opportunity for me to escape. I couldn't waste his efforts. I mean, he can fly. He could have left if he wanted to, so the best thing I could do was escape as quickly as possible.

Ideally, Danamus should face the beast for as little time as possible to avoid getting hurt. It's not that I'm underestimating his strength, but if Danamus gets hurt things would become very complicated. Besides, we are in this situation because of my request, so the blame for any problems that may occur will be mine and I wouldn't know how to deal with it.

“GAAARR”

*Boush*
*BOOOM*

“ROOUR”

*sshsss*

“GRRRRR”

The battle was going on outside of me, I was fleeing, I didn't turn around at any time, but I could hear the fight behind me and from what I could hear the armored monster was not very happy. I am not the one who was fighting, but I felt that my heart could stop at any moment, although it could also be cholesterol.

In any case, when I was about to reach the walls, as I kept running with the little strength I had left, I took a deep breath and tried to gather all the air in my lungs in order to scream so loud that Danamus could hear me.

“DAAANAAAMUUUSSS!”

0