11 – [Equipment surprises]
2k 18 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Author's Note] Today's chapter is a little short due to an increased load at work. Hopefully I will be able to return to the normal chapter length tomorrow.

 

 

King Traisan is currently touring our mercantile quarter to see what his subjects can expect to find should they visit. This has given me some time to review the names and status of the equipment I made for myself. I take a deep breath to calm myself and unsheathe my sword and hold it before my eyes.

"Godly Craftman's Eyes!"

Sword of Judgement:

A sword forged in the heart of Brimstone Mountain by the High Dwarf. The blade has been rendered absolutely unbreakable due to the purity of the Ether charged orichalcum. The engravings upon the sword, having been carved into Ether charged orichalcum, grant the owner an increase of 10 points to every constitution of the Instinct tree.

Judgement on High: Increases damage against those with a Job from the criminal tree. Allows the owner to summon Ether chains around a target if they have committed a crime in full view of the owner.

Bane of Deceivers: Allows the owner to know if they have been told a lie and increases the Perception of the owner by 5 points when interacting with a criminal.

Okay, so this sword is useful against criminals and liars but I have no idea why it developed these traits since I didn't mean for it to be anything other than a normal ceremonial sword. Next is my hammer-ax.

Hammer-ax of the Mountain:

A large orichalcum hammer-ax crafted in the heart of Brimstone Mountain by the High Dwarf. The weapon can increase in weight in proportion to the amount of Ether supplied to it by the owner. Grants the owner a 15 point increase in the Brawn constitution.

Earth Hammer: Allows the owner to use the increased weight of the hammer to shatter the earth and stagger nearby enemies. The area of affect increases according to the amount of Ether stored within the weapon.

Axe Whirlwind: Allows the owner to use the increased weight of the axe to spin in place, pulling nearby enemies into range of the blade. The pull strength increases according to the amount of Ether stored within the weapon.

Mountain Stance: Prevents others from staggering the owner and increases swing speed when standing in place.

These stats and skills make sense given that I made this while imagining a hammer-ax that a dwarf would use. I will review my ceremonial armor later so the final items will be my battle armor, which it looks like I can evaluate it as a set.

Godly Flame Armor:

An orichalcum armor set forged by a Godly Craftsman in the heart of Brimstone Mountain. Forged for personal use by its creator, it shares a deep link with its creator and has been granted an ego as a result.

Ego of the Flames: Absorbs Ether from the air around it to automatically protect the owner with a barrier of heat that damages weapons that strike it. Will also burn any who are not the owner if they attempt to wear any equipment from the set.

Smith God's Amusement: Will occasionally destroy a weapon that makes contact with the armor, regardless of the weapon's material or composition.

Smith God's Blessing: Negates any Earth or Fire attribute Ether spells that enter a range of 10 meters around the armor. This affect does not apply to the owner and allows them to use the Ether from negated spells to cast spells in retaliation without Ether cost to themself.

Oh... my armor was blessed by the Smith God?!

42