3.5. The results of Identify on Cyn’s Status
468 8 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

G'day to you all!

This one isn't really necessary to read, it's honestly just a huge infodump so if you want you can skip as there is no plot whatsoever. There is however, an explanation of skills and concepts such as Soul, so if you skip, you may misunderstand things later down the line.

Readers be warned, and thank you,
- Monarch

CURRENT INFORMATION SHEET AS OF THE END OF THE PROLOGUE

 

[Personal Information:]

[Name: Cynthia]

[Titles: Interdimensional, Avatar of the Soul]

[Race: Avatar (Psyche)]
[Age: 0]

[Class: -]

[Level: 1]
[Rank: Iron]

 

[Attributes:]

[Body: 11]
[Mind: 10]

[Soul: EX]

 

[Skills:]

[Soul Immortal, Flight, Telepathy, Soul Siphon, Butterfly Born, Soul Blast]

[Name:] A person’s name is their true name, unless artifacts are equipped or the person is given a new name by a deity.

 

[Titles:] Titles are given when a being does something significant. They often grant passive buffs when equipped, and are visible when Identify is used. Only 2 titles may be equipped at a time.

  • [Interdimensional] You have traveled through Dimensions and Realms to be here, braving even the Void of Thanatos. Grants the use of soul portals.
  • [Avatar of Soul] You are an Avatar, Chosen of a deity. As a result, you experience EXP gains on a much higher level, and you gain Stat increases faster than most.

 

[Race:] There are a multitude of races in Caladias, there are the more traditional fantasy races, such as Dwarves, Elves, Beastkin, and Demons, but there are also Avatars. Avatars are beings who are often powerful as they embody the Concept of their patron deity, while they are strong, they often only have one main power that they have been granted due to their position. All Avatars will have at least on of these powers, represented by Unique skills. Avatars are sometimes changed by those same deities to better reflect their Concepts. Being reincarnated, you have been changed by the deity Psyche to reflect the appearance of the soul. 

[Age:] while some races do not visibly age past a certain point, their true ages are still shown in the age stat. Measured in years.

 

[Class:] is a classification given to a sentient being. It is chosen by that being from a list of potential classes that are automatically assigned by The System based on the daily life or goals of a being. A class is unlocked automatically at the [Age] of 15, or when a being reaches [Level: 5]. While a class will only grant EXP upon practices regarding it, it will not limit the growth of a being in terms of other spheres. So while a baker for example will be naturally good at baking bread, they can also learn magic, though this will not improve overtime nor will it grant more magic related skills down the line.

 

[Level:] With the gain of EXP, a threshold is met and a being will Level Up. There are Level milestones that grant new skills when reached. The milestones up to Level 200 are: 5, 15, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200. As each Milestone is reached, the amount of EXP needed to Level Up also increases. 

 

[Rank:] The rank of a being. Beings are ranked based on Level, and there are Level milestones needed to achieve a new rank. These milestones are: 1 (Iron), 10, (Bronze), 15 (Silver), 25 (Gold), 50 (diamond), 75 (Ruby), 100 (Verdant), 150 (Sage), 200 (Low Immortal), 300 (High Immortal). The average being in the universe will reach the rank of Gold in their lifetimes.

 

[Attributes:] A being’s attributes regulate their ability to function and complete tasks.

[Body:] The [Body] attribute directly influences the body’s stamina, strength, and health, as well as healing capacity and magic power.

[Mind:] The [Mind] attribute regulates a being’s ability to use magic to a workable degree. With a low [Mind] stat, a being cannot properly control their magic use, and the amount of magic produced is low. Mind also regulates a being’s capacity in matters such as perception and knowledge intake.

[Soul:] The [Soul] of a being shows how much life that being contains, if it were to run out, Thanatos would quickly take them. [Soul] also is a measure of the amount of magic a being can use. [Soul] can be used to anchor a person to reality.

 

[Skills:] A being’s [Skills] are System Commands that directly influence reality. They are granted based on the Level of a being. Skills can be anything that is used by a person in both daily life and special circumstances, and are given based on a person’s class and how they live their daily life. Skills can also be granted through continued practice. Skills are also ranked by rarity, starting at Common and and going to Uncommon, then Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic, and lastly Unique, which means a skill that is given to only one being ever. A class will influence the skills given to beings, but if practiced regularly, anyone can gain any skill with the exception of Unique skills. 

  • Soul Immortal (Unique): You are the Chosen of Psyche, and as a result, have been granted near unlimited [Soul]. Because of this, even upon your death, you are grounded to reality, and will not be taken by Thanatos. Instead, you will reform in the Soul Realm and a timer will be placed on you before you can return to the Mortal Realm.

 

  • Butterfly Born (Unique): You are the Avatar of Soul, and your body has been reformed by Psyche in order to better embody her. Because of this, your body has become a sentient swarm of Soul Butterflies that have merged to form flesh and cloth. Additionally, your body has taken on some of the characteristics of a butterfly, granting the use of Flight and Dangersense. 

 

  • Telepathy (Rare): This being has learnt the language of the soul, and as a result have no need for mouths or ears to speak. Telepathy works with any other person possessing Telepathy, however you must form a connection first with that being.

 

  • Flight (Uncommon): Through means natural or not, the possessor of this skill is able to fly through the air. If natural, this ability is reliant on the [Body] Stat to work. If not, [Mind] must be used.

 

  • Soul Siphon (Rare): A Skill exclusive to [Soul Mages], the possessor of this skill takes the [Soul] from another being or themselves, and uses it in a myriad of ways, [Soul] can be used to anchor others to reality, keeping them alive, or it could be used as a passive boost to energy.

 

  • Soul Blast (Rare): A Skill exclusive to [Soul Mages], harness the [Soul] to create a bolt of pure [Soul] energy. Release it and it will target an enemy, bypassing all natural defenses to strike directly at the soul of a being. Will not affect constructs.

Phew we got there!

If you made it down here feel free to ask any questions in the comments and I will try my best to answer them. As always I'm constantly looking to improve, so if you have any criticism or feel like I might've made Cyn a little bit too OP (its definitely a worry of mine lol), then please don't hesitate to put it in the comments section and I'll do my best to fix her.

Thanks again,
- Monarch

27