Chapter 4 – An Uneventfully Eventful Day
71 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I entered my new classroom only to find a few students talking to each other. I ignore them and head to a seat close to the window, not too much to the back or the front. I sat in a middle seat next to the window.

This seat allows me to be one with nature and sleep to my heart’s content. I keep my bag on the desk and put my head on the table, to get some rest. I could hear the other students slowly making their way into the classroom.

The most influential nobles are all in this class, and students from higher-ranking families are all in class A. So, it’s a den filled with all the higher-ranking lions. There are few commoners and low ranking who seem to have entered class A through their effort unlike some of the nobles here who used their status to push their way into class A.

These students are clearly out of place, and they seem to be getting into their own groups too. And there also seem to be some commoners who are pretty popular too, they are most likely famous adventurers or children of famous adventurers or merchants.

While I was sleeping peacefully in the corner of the classroom, someone seemed to sit right next to me. I just ignored them since I didn’t wanna get involved with them. I mean…I guess I should get involved since they're sitting next to me…

While I pondered on whether I should or should not talk to the person next to me, they initiated the conversation all of a sudden.

“Hi! It’s nice to meet you.”

“…”

Ah! I was so shocked that I strayed up and ignored her!!! what the heck is the princess doing next to me anyway?! Don’t princesses normally sit in the front seats?

“Um…excuse me?”

I turned towards her and cocked my head in a questioning way.

“Um…hello?”

“…um…you are aware that I’m a princess, right?”

“Yah…so?”

“Uh…so…shouldn’t you be showing at least a little bit of respect?”

“Um…aren’t you the one who told us to treat you like anyone else?”

“…I know that, but still…Oh! Were you listening to my speech?”

“…well, I liked your approach to things, but it seems that you were just lying…”

“Hey! I wasn’t lying, okay?! I was just a bit surprised, that’s all. And since you’re sitting next to me, I’ll especially allow you to call me by my name. You know what? You shall have the honor of calling me ‘Sera’ since you’re sitting next to me.”

“Oh!” I pretended to clap my hands while she looked so proud of herself for some reason.

Haaah…pleasing a princess is way too troublesome. I wish she’d just leave me alone.

“By the way, are those real piercings?”

“Hm? Yah. Do you find having me next to you uncomfortable?”

“Oh! No! I just thought that they were cool, that’s all.”

“…really? …thanks…I guess…”

“How long do you have them?”

“I pierced them about two years ago.”

“Wow. That’s so cool.”

A smile crept on my lips at her honest reaction.

“Ah! You smiled!”

“Of course, I would. I’m human too, you know…”

“I thought that you’d try to deny it to hide your pride or something.”

“What’s so prideful in not smiling? If anything, you might wanna go to a psychiatrist if you can’t smile.”

“Psychic…what?”

“A psychiatrist. A doctor who specializes in curing mental disorders.”

“You seem to be pretty knowledgeable huh…”

Now that I think about it. I don’t think a psychiatrist exists in this world huh?

“I forgot to ask what your name is. Can I know your name?”

“Hm? Lucius…Lucius Winterberry. You can call me Len if you want…”

“Aah! You’re my nemesis!”

Sera got up and yelled loudly for everyone in the class to hear, while the homeroom teacher who had entered the classroom a while ago was explaining the school.

“Princess Seraphina! What is the meaning of this?”

“Oh… I’m sorry madam.”

“Ptff…hehehe…”

I couldn’t hold my laughter in. I could feel my leg being crushed by a tremendous amount of force from the person next to me.

“…gorilla…”

“Hey! What did you just?!”

“Princess Seraphina! Is something the matter?”

“Hehehe-hahaha…”

I just buried myself in my bag and laughed my heart out. The two of us didn’t talk to each other till the class finished.

Aaah…she seems to be angry right now…

“Um…your highness…”

I tried appealing to her after the session, but she just ignored me with a ‘Hmph!’.

“Um…Sera…I’m really sorry about that…so can you please…”

She gave me a bewildered expression.

“Say that again.”

“Uh…I’m sorry?”

“Not that!”

“…can you please…”

“Not that! My name!”

“Seraphina?”

She still gave me a displeased expression.

“Oh! Sera…?”

“Hehehe…”

Her expression immediately turned brighter. She had a bright smile on her face.

“That’s the first time someone other than my family called me that.”

“Is it ok to call you that?”

“Of course. And I won't talk to you if you don’t call me that.”

“Alright, then you can call me Len.”

“Alright…um…Len.”

“Why are you getting embarrassed?”

“I-I’m not embarrassed. Len! Happy now?”

“Mm!”

I gave her a genuine smile while her face was getting redder and redder.

“Anyway! Why did you skip those questions during the entrance exams?”

“…huh? What are you talking about?”

I averted my eyes away from her.

“Hey! I know that you purposely skipped those questions. Why did you do that? I checked your paper personally after the test too, and you’d skipped those questions.”

“Hey! Isn’t that an abuse of authority? And that’s also an inversion of privacy! Where’s my human rights?”

“I don’t care about that! I want to know why you skipped those questions…”

I can’t possibly say that I skipped it because I didn’t wanna stand out. She’d complain about me going easy on her if I said that.

And Princess Seraphina of the Kingdom of Elshire kept pestering me for the rest of the day. And that’s how uneventfully eventful my first day of school was…


Aoi here,

I hope you guys had an eventful day and hope you have a great day ahead of you!!!

2