Chapter 6 – The Love of My Life
43 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What…is going on?

Tears started pouring down my eyes. I didn’t know what was going on…but I knew one thing…

…I was happy…

I’ve never felt this happy eve before…

I thought that I’d given up on everything…

I thought that there was nothing in this world that kept me alive…

I thought that there was no reason for me to live anymore…

 

But…I was wrong…

I have a reason to live…

I have a reason to stay alive…

She let go of my head and my cheeks softly…as if she was holding the most fragile thing in the world…she looked into my eyes with tender love…

Her hand was bleeding profusely… 

Why?

Why would you go so far for someone like me?

I looked into her eyes…her deep blue eyes which stared back into my own. Her beauty entranced me, and I was heartbroken at what I had done. 

…and still…why do you still smile at me?

You’re in so much pain…and still…

I held on to her bloody hands as tightly as I could. I didn’t care what would happen to me…I just wanted that wound on her hand to disappear…I couldn’t bear to look at it…

The more I looked at it…the more I came to hate myself…

This happened because of me…

It was a well-known fact that the princess of Elshire; Princess Seraphina de Elshire, possessed healing powers. She was the sole healer in the kingdom who wasn’t affiliated with the church and was also known as one of the most powerful healers out there.

But there was one thing that was hidden from the world…it was the fact that she couldn’t heal herself. Even though she could heal the most gruesome of wounds, she couldn’t heal even the slightest scratch if it were a wound inflicted on her own body. My mother found out about this a few years ago when my mother had been to the palace for official matters.

My parents promised the royal family that word of this wouldn’t be revealed, but they told me and my sister since there were chances where we might be able to help her. At that time, I just ignored it assuming that I had nothing to do with the princess…

But right now…I’m happy that I know this fact more than ever…

I didn’t want to use this power…but I have no choice…I don’t care what happens to me anymore…

I held on to her injured hand with both my hands tightly, I closed my eyes and focused on healing her hand. I had a power within which I’ve once before…I used it when I was about 5. Luna injured her knee when she fell in the garden, the moment she fell, she started crying her heart out. 

My mother was there with us, she held onto Luna and hugged her tightly to soothe her pain. And I just stood there helplessly, while my dear sister was crying…I couldn’t bear to look at her…that was the first and last time I used that power.

My parents told me to never use that power no matter what…even if it means that someone is dying in front of me.

But I didn’t care…I’d already forsaken my entire life…I tried to kill myself…she was the one who saved me…If it weren’t for her, I’d be dead by now…I’d give her my entire life…if it meant that it’d ease her pain…

She had already lost a lot of blood, but she was still smiling at me…the blood that kept on gushing out of her wound stopped spilling out in an instant. And her wound started to slowly heal on its own. Normally there’d be a bright light around the wound when using healing magic, but there was no such thing happening. The wound just started patching up on its own as if time were reversed. 

Her wound slowly started to heal, and everyone around us was wondering what was going on. And Sera herself was wondering what was going on…

Once her wound was completely healed, Sera looked at me with her eyes wide open. She knew that there was no way normal healing magic would have cured her wound and she was wondering what was going on…

I looked at her confused look and smiled warmly at her cute reaction. 

Oh No!

But the moment I let my guard down, a sharp pain struck within me. It was a pain as if my internal organs were being torn apart. 

My power allows me to heal someone’s wounds, but at the same time, it inflicts a similar injury on me. My internal organs usually take the same injury, but since my internal organs heal at a faster speed than others, I don’t have to worry about it that much.

However, the initial pain and injury still cause a tremendous amount of pain. I held on to my stomach as tightly as I could…I could feel something coming out of my mouth too. I hold my hand to my mouth and cough out the blood which comes out of my mouth. 

“Len?! Len! What’s wrong?”

I could hear Sera shouting at me, while my consciousness just kept fading away.

I wonder if she’s angry with me…I can’t believe I caused her so much pain…

I could feel blood dripping down my eyes, and my vision fading away slowly…I could hear Sera in the background, while my consciousness slowly faded away…

0