75. My Brother’s Condition
431 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The worst situation I imagined was that my relationship with my brother was discovered and I retired as an idol, but the reality far surpassed the worst I could imagine.

The breathing sound was strange, The light disappeared from my brother's face.

"Brother! What's wrong, brother. Wake up."

Sudden difficulty breathing. My brother collapsed, clutching his chest.

I panicked.

My brother, my brother might die, and it's because of me.

No, brother. You can't die, don't die.

Trouble breathing? What should I do? CPR? No, CPR is performed when the heart stops. What about him? What about the heart? Is running?

SLAM

I slapped my cheek with both hands as hard as I could. This is not the time to be confused. Are you going to let your brother die?

I shook my head to come to my senses.

Think about it. I learned it. What to do if someone have a seizure. I remember each thing slowly.

"There, sister! Please report it to 119. A person collapsed due to difficulty breathing!"

In case of an emergency, first ask someone nearby to report it. I spoke to the store employee right in front of me.

And, and? Check if the patient is breathing and if the heart is beating.

Brain cells are destroyed 4 minutes after beating stops. Before that, rescue breathing must be performed. 

Okay. This is rescue breathing. There is no need to press the heart, Because it's running properly.

First, secure the airway. I unbuttoned his shirt, which may have been uncomfortable.

And artificial respiration. Cover his nose and keep his mouth tightly closed to prevent air from escaping, and breathe in him. At intervals of once every five seconds.

"Whoop."

"Whoop."

"Whoop."

It was different from a kiss. My brother made no response. His tongue was stiff and his lips were cold. The unusual texture sparked fear in my heart.

"Brother. I'm scared. Please wake up. Please breathe."

Tears flowed endlessly.

I did rescue breathing without stopping. Once every 5 seconds. Once every 5 seconds. Once every 5 seconds.

"Please don't take pictures. Please. Please don't take pictures."

Many people were surrounding me and my brother. Each person held a smartphone in their hand and pointed the lens towards us.

Those lenses, those cameras killed my brother.

It felt like my stomach was bubbling.

But now was not the time to get angry. Because my brother comes first. Because I have to save my brother first. 

Continue rescue breathing. Once every 5 seconds. Once every 5 seconds. So much so that my heart aches.

How many times did I have do it? How many minutes have passed?

"Brother!"

Finally, my brother started breathing on his own. He began to make breathy sounds, as if everything he had been frozen until now was a lie.

"Brother… … !"

Feeling relieved that my brother was alive, I clung to him and cried. Lately, the paramedics arrived and put a respirator on my brother's mouth. Then, they placed my brother on a cot and carried him to the ambulance. 

I followed my brother into the ambulance, a mess and crying. 

"Doctor, doctor, what about my brother? Is my brother okay?"

"Your brother is okay, he is breathing properly."

On the way to the ambulance, I cried loudly. The nurse and doctor beside my brother must have been in trouble too.

I cried endlessly. I probably shed more tears during this time than I shed in my entire life.

There were dangerous moments, but my brother survived.

First, I called my mother and told her that my brother had been admitted to the emergency room.

Mom flew out right away. With such force that one might think she was superwoman directly flew in front of hospital.

I was shaking because I thought I was going to get scolded, but instead I received comfort from my mom.

It was scary, it was hard, and I hugged her.

I cried again.

My brother was quickly moved from the emergency room to a general ward according to the doctor's recommendations.

It means there's nothing wrong now. I couldn't even breathe just a moment ago.

I couldn't stand looking at my brother lying down. I decided to go home and leave him with my mom.

I had my own work to do. Until now, I had brushed it off by saying that Anti-fan were also a fan, but this time it was different. I couldn't forgive the people who made my brother like this.

"Oh, Lyricia, are you in hospital?"

Just then, I got a call again from the CEO of the agency I was trying to call.

"President. I'm going to post a post on social media, so please review it. And this time, please clean up the haters properly. If you don't handle this properly, I really won't be able to do this job."

"Uh, okay. We'll mobilize our entire legal team to respond, so don't worry too much about. Get your mind together."

"President. You know he is my brother, and now he was in hospital, I want them pay price for this."

"Yeah, that's right, but the situation was such that it was inevitable that there would be a misunderstanding."

"My mom will call you later, so be ready."

"Ly, Lyricia…."

After hanging up the phone, I wrote a post to post on social media.

After worrying for a while about how I should write it, I decided to just write whatever I felt like. If there is any mistake or things, the agency would edit it.

─────────────────

Even if I don't tell you who my parents and older sister are, everyone will know. Because it's such a famous story.

But you probably don't know who my brother is.

Of course. Until now, we have never once talked about my brother.

My brother is a person who cannot receive attention from people due to his mental illness.

So I deliberately hid it even more, However, my heart is heavy because I feel like a situation like today happened because of that.

My brother is an adopted child who came to our home when he was 6 years old.

My brother was severely abused by his biological parents from a young age, and suffered not only physical injuries but also severe mental injuries.

(YouTube link: ** A child abuse case)

I was 5 years old at the time and was the youngest daughter who grew up with lots of love from my family.

I was a child who didn't even know what abuse was or what a disability was.

I just remember being happy to hear that I had a new brother.

One day, my older brother suddenly became a member of an unfamiliar family.

There were many difficulties at first.

However, no matter what anyone says, my brother Ryker is my beloved family member and my only brother in the world.

Today was my first date with my brother.

Until now, I have never gone out alone with my brother.

This is because my brother's condition easily worsens when he goes to crowded places or receives attention from people.

It was my lifelong wish to walk down the street, watch movies, eat out, and go shopping with my brother.

So I was stubborn and told him go out together on my day off.

"Brother, you improved a lot, so it will be okay."

My brother was worried that something might happen, but he tried to make my wish come true.

I was really happy.

I made sure wear the mask, so I can enjoy a normal day with my brother but many people who recognized me thought that my brother was my boyfriend.

It would have been nice if this was just illusion but people recognise me and spread misinformation on social media, and many people criticized me for enjoying secret dates with my boyfriend.

My brother was deeply shocked when he found out. He ended up thinking that the criticism against me was his fault.

My brother lost consciousness from shock and reached a dangerous point when he stopped breathing.

Even at that moment, many people were pointing cameras at my fallen brother.

I am an idol.

I am prepared to accept any amount of criticism and responsibility that comes my way due to my actions.

However, I have no intention of becoming an idol if it means hurting my family.

If my precious family's privacy is violated or hurt in the future, I will retire immediately.

Please. My brother is a person who needs to be loved more and be happier.

Please don't hurt him anymore. 

─────────────────

13