Chapter 4: The Nightmare
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, Todd's father's voice echoed through the house, jolting Todd awake from his slumber. Startled, Todd scrambled out of bed, his heart racing.

Todd: Yes, father.

His father's stern tone cut through the air.

Todd's father: Do you want to get sacked from your new delivery service job? Even after losing countless jobs due to your sleeping habits, you never seem to learn.

With a sigh, Todd hurried to freshen up and prepare for the day ahead. As he entered the parlor, his mother's voice greeted him from the dining table.

Todd's mother: Todd, breakfast is ready. Why don't you join us? You still have 48 minutes before you're late.

Todd's father chimed in, urging him to come to the table. Reluctantly, Todd complied.

As he took a few bites of his meal, a strange taste caught Todd off guard. He glanced at his mother, puzzled.

Todd: Mom, why does the food taste different today?

His mother offered a sheepish smile.

Todd's mother: I wanted to try something new. Do you like it?

Todd hesitated, then responded diplomatically.

Todd: It's... different. But I still prefer your usual cooking.

His father's voice interrupted, tinged with irritation.

Todd's father: Are you saying you don't like your mother's cooking?

Todd's eyes widened as he looked at his father, only to see a vacant, zombie-like expression on his face. Shocked, Todd turned to his mother and found her in the same eerie state.

Todd: No, no, no... What's happening to you both?

His parents' response sent a chill down his spine.

Todd's mother and father: Why are you asking us? Look at yourself!

Todd's trembling hand revealed a pale, lifeless complexion, confirming his worst fear.

Todd: I'm not... human anymore. I'm a zombie.

Suddenly, a deafening slash tore through the air, splitting the house in two and decapitating Todd's parents in an instant.

Todd: Mother! Father!

Gasping for breath, Todd snapped awake, drenched in sweat. His heart pounded with the realization that it was all just a dream, yet the sense of loss lingered.

Todd: No, it can't be true...

Determined to unravel the mystery of his haunting dream, Todd grabbed his belongings and set out into the unknown.

Under a certain bridge by the riverside...

Lim scoffed at his sister's request for rest.

Lian: Lim, I need to rest. I'm exhausted.

Lim: Do I look like your personal caretaker? Even after becoming regional zombies, you still rely on me for everything.

Lian protested innocently.

Lian: But we're twins! Twins look out for each other.

Lim rolled his eyes.

Lim: Twins or not, you're still a pain.

With Lian asleep, Lim settled in to keep watch. However, his moment of respite was short-lived as a massive zombified fish leaped from the river, threatening to attack.

Lim: A level two zombie dares to challenge a regional like me?

With swift precision, Lim dispatched the fish with a well-aimed rod, but his victory was short-lived. A formidable opponent emerged from the depths – a fish-like creature with humanoid features.

Lim: So, when fish become regional zombies, they transform into... Mermen?

The Merman, named Tic, launched a powerful attack towards Lim, who dodged with lightning speed.

Lim: I'll make sure to teach you a lesson, you slippery fish...

0