Chapter 2
303 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exiting the portal, I was greeted by a world so green it almost drowned out any other color, it was a massive jungle full of vines and leaves, the only colors other than green being a few small flowers and the brown of the dirt and tree bark. As the others exited the portal behind me, Absolem instantly took to eating the leaves around her, her body quickly plumping up from her ravenous appetite.

Laplace's ears perked up as old instincts told it of the location of any danger, as Horatia got distracted by a butterfly. Rolling my eyes at the eccentric attitudes of my companions, I used one ability I rarely used due to the various criteria to activate it, my past sight. it allowed me to see the past of any area i'm in, however it only works if the area has a temporal imprint, meaning a history.

Various scenes filled my vision, as I searched for the most recent events, finding a scene where a woman made from various plants spoke with a girl with long ears. Seeing the woman's face, I instantly recognized her as Gaia, my best friend and a powerful life mage, she likely began absorbing the magical energies of her surroundings, which caused her appearance to change so drastically, similar to how I absorbed temporal energies.

Watching as the two then made their way east, I deactivated my past sight and opened another spatial tear in the direction they went, encountering a small jungle village on the other side. Grabbing the other's attention, I dragged the now plump Absolem by her abdomen and the distracted Horatia by her tail, getting the both of them through the portal before entering it myself, Laplace following close behind.

Once we arrived I closed the spatial tear and made my way to the large temple-like building at the center of the village, everyone in the village staring at us. Absolem looked at me with her plump face with desperation in her eyes, her exhaustion clearly visible.

"Lady Aeon..! Can't you let me find a place to pupate..!?"

"Tch! Fine, but nowhere that will obstruct people."

"Thank you!"

As Absolem moved herself to a place that wouldn't obstruct anyone, Laplace noticed a store selling watches and jewelry and departed, causing me to shake my head at his easy to please nature. Horatia was next as she saw a group of kids playing a game and ran over to play with them, leaving me alone and standing before what I assumed to be my best friend's location.

I adjusted my clothes and moved my hair from my face, and with a deep breath, entered the building. The inside was lush and filled with plants of all kinds, people wearing green robes tending to the plants with a vitality unlike any other. Noticing me enter, an older woman wearing clothes similar to a priest.

"Welcome to the Church of Gaia, What do you need miss?"

"Church of... Gaia?"

"You must be foreign, Gaia is the Goddess of Life and Nature, she has granted us a place in this forest and we dedicated this church to the worship of her."

"She always loved helping people, even if it harmed her."

Hearing my mumbling, the priestess looked at me with confusion.

"Who always loved helping people?"

"Hm? Oh! I am Aeon, Goddess of Time and Space, I came in search of Gaia, she was an old friend of mine."

"G-Goddess Of Time!?"

"Well you call Gaia a Goddess of Life so I'm a Goddess of Time, since... Actually let me show you."

Using my power on a young plant sprout next to me, I accelerated its growth, causing a bundle of bright pink flowers to sprout in its place, I then reversed its age, turning it back into a sprout. The priestess looked at my actions with surprise and rushed to the statue of Gaia entering a state of prayer.

Suddenly, From behind the statue, a massive flower grew, its petals opening to reveal Gaia wearing a petal dress and covered in various plants. She walked over to the priestess and seemed to comfort her, before glaring at me for a second, only to stop after recognizing who I was.

"Aeon! I thought you died!"

"Nope, Still alive, I was stuck back on our old world, it was frozen in time, nothing aged or died, I eventually was able to find you, but only after absorbing enough temporal energy to effectively make me a Goddess of Time."

"Then we'll be Goddess' together! I absorbed enough Life energy from my surroundings to ascend to godhood as well, now I can gain energy through the prayers of my worshipers."

"How about we talk somewhere private, Here, I have a Pocket dimension we can use."

Opening my pocket dimension, Gaia followed me inside, revealing to me how much it grew, with green grass and even mountains visible from the castle I had built inside.

"How long was I trapped in the Broken Eternity?"

"Broken Eternity?"

"It's what I call our former world."

"Oh! About 1,000,000 years ago I was teleported here, and 100 years after that was when I became a goddess, so 1,000,000 years you have been gone."

"1,000,000 years ago huh? Well I wasn't alone for all that time, I have some subordinates."

"Really, I thought you were the only one there?"

"Yes I was the only human, but animals still lived their, I infused my energy into three that I brought with me, Laplace, a White Hare, who can travel through time, Horatia, who can decouple herself from time, turning invisible, and Absolem, she can see all possible timelines and is capable of deducing what happened in an area from that."

"Really, Let me guess, Absolem is a Forever Young Caterpillar, and Horatia is a Cheshire Cat."

"Geh! How'd you figure it out?"

"You called Laplace a White Hare, and Beatrice in Ponderland was your favorite book, not too hard to figure out what they might be."

"Well jokes on you, Absolem is pupating, so she's a Forever Young Butterfly now!"

...

...

"Pfft... Hahahaha!"

"Hahaha!"

We laughed together, taking all the stress built up over the ages off our backs, we talked for a few more hours however the clocks replacing my eyes struck twelve and Gaia stood up waiting for me to open the way back up for her.

"Here, let me open it up for you, I have to go and make sure that the others haven't messed things up."

"Thank you, and I'll tell my worshipers about you and your role."

As we left my pocket dimension, I said goodbye to Gaia as she began to tell her people about me. Walking over to where I last saw Horatia, I noticed she had been conquered by the little children, her arms and legs tied up. Sighing, I untied her and gave her a few pats on the head.

"Maybe be more careful next time."

"Horatia Sowwy, The Little ones wouldn't leave Horatia alone Nya!"

I just smiled and moved over to where Laplace stood gazing longingly at the many watches on display. I grabbed him by the ears and snapped him out of it, his gaze downcast.

"What did I tell you about watches?"

"I don't need more than I have Lady Aeon..."

Nodding, I led them to where Absolem had begun to pupate and opened the way to my pocket dimension, instructing them to go inside and wait till I tell them they can leave, Absolem's cocoon cracking as I did so. From the cocoon came a pale blue hand followed by a beautiful woman wearing a maid uniform, two beautiful iridescent butterfly wings on her back and two cute little antennas on her head.

"Lady Aeon! Look!"

"I can see Absolem, Your wings are beautiful, now please enter my pocket dimension, all of you are in trouble for not being patient, especially you, since you decided that now was a good time to pupate."

"Geh! I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself."

Watching her enter my pocket dimension, I closed it and walked over to a nearby clock store and bought a small clock in the shape of a church. Taking the Clock over to an empty plot of land that Gaia said I could use, I used my spatial magic to increase the size of the clock to the size of an actual church, before opening the front door and revealing my last temporal creature, a mindless insect swarm that I could control with my mind.

"Legion! Make the inside of this place look like an actual church!"

Suddenly from my hair a swarm of millions of tiny insects flew out, which quickly began using material from different timelines to renovate the inside of the clock, finishing the job in no time. The inside looked like a church but had large gears sticking out of the walls all moving to make sure the clock was moving.

*Yawn*"Oh! Wow, I tried for the first time in ages, I guess time is now moving for me."

Entering my pocket dimension, I went to bed, my exhaustion knocking me out nearly instantly.

4