Shadow
140 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long nap, it was now late in the afternoon. Xenos decided that he would ask about his bloodline and went to his mom, Eden.

Searching for his mother he instead found the head maid, Elena, with her long ponytails tied with an orange ribbon, like always.

"Hey Elena, do you know where my mom is?"

"My cute young master, you should know that Milady is currently resting in her garden." She said looking at the adorable silver-haired child.

"Um thanks, see you, Elena." He said scurrying away.

He went to the indoor garden which was in the middle of the castle encompassed with glass where his mother was usually relaxing. After passing through thousands of flowers in the center was an open area with a structure surrounded by pink and white flowers. The attractive 5 dense petals holding on as a spiral has a unique smell, like no other flower, some smell sweet or spicy, others smell like jasmine, peaches or citrus. As Xenos stared at them he remembered Eden's words.

"Xenos, my love, these flowers although beautiful in appearance and have a smell like no other, possesses a poisonous, milky sap, they are just like some people. Just know that you cannot trust everyone, that appearances should not be mistaken for truth."

"Stupid flowers, at least they look nice," Xenos said.

"Host, why does your mother have these flowers around her?"

"How would I know?"

Xenos continued walked to the structure absorbing the wonderfully fragrant smell. The structure constructed from wood had a traditional design that exudes a warm-village feel, in which you can appreciate the coziness it brings to the garden from its presence. In the middle dozing on a sling made of fabric suspended between two points of the structure, was a ravishing beauty resting in it. The silver-haired woman had on a burgundy blouse with a brooch, a white skirt, and black tights, with her thigh-high white boots laying on the wooden floor.

Xenos came up to the sling and called out, "Mom, I want to ask you something."

Eden woke up rubbing her eyes, "Dear, what is it, do you wish to join me?"

"No I don't, I wanted to know about myself."

Tilting her head she mumbled, "Interesting, you are going through puberty already."

"No mom, I want to know about my bloodline, I know I'm not fully human."

"Oh that, you are part vampire dear."

'Did she have to say it so nonchalantly.' Xenos thought.

"Will we be hunted mom, this is the human empire, some of the maids said that most non-humans are discriminated here, especially since we are in the capital."

Eden got up from her laying position, now sitting up as her silver hair fell below her shoulders and looked at Xenos' red eyes with hers, both shining like rubies.

"Well as long as nobody knows we're fine, don't worry dear, actually compared to humans, vampires are a lot better. Sadly I was born human, but your father made me into a vampire after he gave me some of his blood essences. Xenos, vampires have superhuman capabilities out doing humans in all sectors, well at face value, without all the extra training, mana strengthening and everything, so we hold the advantage. For you compared to a normal human, like your maid Gwen, you are a lot more powerful at the same age, even cuter, which comes from race advantage. There are also other abilities like your teleportation, which you weirdly had at your age, as you haven't even drunk any blood before."

"How do you know that?" Xenos asked genuinely curious.

"Ahahaha... oh dear, I'm so sorry but have you ever seen your own shadow?"

"My shadow? Shouldn't it be right there..." he said while turning towards the ground.

"There's nothing?" Xenos said.

"Yes honey, a vampire who never drinks blood, will not have a shadow, this is also the reason you've never gone out to where there are lots of people, staying secluded in the castle, while sometimes going out to see creatures of the world. To fix that we gave you Gwen, but you will have to tell her what you are..." she said smirking.

"But what if she hates me?"

"Maybe she will, maybe she won't, this is why you'll ask her," Eden told him, closing one of her eyes.

"Alright mother, but if she doesn't accept me, then what?" He said timidly.

"We'll probably have to get rid of her," She said smiling.

"Oh..."

"Now as for your bloodline, if you have any more questions you should ask your father, as he grew up a vampire. Go if you don't have more questions or want to sleep here with me..." She said half asleep.

"Ok see you for dinner" He spoke out while leaving the garden.

As he walked through the halls he started thinking.

"Will they really kill her for knowing my true race, damn this world truly is different, not only in their people but their morals as well."

"Host, they are merely making sure we are not all killed merely due to one person."

"Yeah but something about it just feels a bit wrong, maybe I've just grown a bit attached to my purple-haired maid."

Seeing a lean middle-aged man with light facial hair he called out.

"Claud, do you know where my father is?"

"Young Master, Milord should be in his study, busy at work."

"Oh okay, thank you." He said walking away.

The butler Claud looked at his young masters back thinking, "Not too shabby, compared to most noble children, Xenos is much better."

Opening the door to where he read his first book, he saw a handsome man with white-blonde hair with a quill in his hand, writing.

Noticing the door opening, Orion, however, did not stop to look and said, "Xenos how are you, I'm a bit busy, but it seems you have a question to ask so go ahead."

Xenos seeing this said, "Mom told me to ask you about my vampire bloodline."

Orion's lips turned, giving out a splendid smile and said, "That's great, how about tonight, but that is if you can get your first taste of blood, this must be from Gwen."

"Mom told me about this, but I don't want Gwen to be upset or hate me, especially if you end up killing her."

Orion's smile turned even more radiant, knowing what his beautiful wife did, and said: "We do this for a reason Xenos, so unless you have a different question other than about your bloodline you should go and do what you must first."

As Xenos walked out of the room he heard a 'Ding'.

"Host, new mission"

"Sia, Show Missions."

<Missions>
Tell Gwen that you are a vampire, and drink her blood.
Reward: 5 BP, Pyrokinesis, +20 in all stats, +5 MP, Shadow.

"Well seems easy enough, let's do this."

"Host, don't be too forceful, Gwen is quite nice to you."

"Yeah I know, but I need to make sure she accepts me."

As he walked through the halls of the castle passing maids and butlers he spotted a familiar purple-haired girl, he followed her.

The person with shiny purple hair along with blue eyes walked into her room as she had just finished her daily duties, her master, Xenos, didn't really have many needs besides cleaning his clothes and bedroom.

"Ahhhhh why won't master ask more from me." She said as she jumped onto her bed hugging some loose fabric.

Xenos who entered into the girl's room with Shadow Steps and was hidden in the dark using Hide, saw this.

"What the f*ck," he thought.

"Host it seems she might like you."

"Sure seems like it, well this makes it easier I guess, I got a perfect plan for this." He thought nefariously.

4