Weapon
141 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Xenos spoke to his father about the training, he went to his room to rest. He spent the time before he would begin training to take care of the cute maid, Gwen. With support from her elder sister, Elena, and his mother, Eden, he was able to comfort the child. Later in the day, he made some chocolate containing a myriad of beneficial nutrients that help regulate mood, making her happy, from her poor mood of not being able to help him even though she was the maid.

The sugar that gave his chocolate its rich taste helps increase serotonin levels, while the fat content releases mood-elevating endorphins. To include with that the stimulating effects of caffeine and antioxidant levels were higher than even berries. Gwen had a big smile on her face, only to know that she'd need to start training soon as well if the chocolate was going to be this addicting.

Throughout the day he went to do some exercise as he needed to feel comfortable with the power in his body. With his absolute control, he was able to use his strength and speed appropriately, finally adjusting to his power increase. He also tested out his pyrokinesis ability on the candles to strengthen his mentality, albeit slowly. Finally, night arrived, with Gwen asleep he went off to his father for training.

Opening the door to his father's study stood the man in question gracefully looking towards the moonlight. His white-blonde hair shimmering from the moonlight and yellow eyes glowing, wearing a black colored jacket comprising side seams held together by four square brooches that run down vertically and a belt. Around his neck, he wears a large white cravat.

"You have arrived, let us set off," Orion said.

He appeared behind Xenos, placed his hand onto his shoulder, with that they dissipated, fading to nothing.

**The Demon Continent**

A vast ruined Gothic castle, from whose tall black windows came no ray of light, and whose broken battlements showed a jagged line against the sky, beyond which sinister spires rise against the moon. At the bottom stood two figures before a daunting gate.

"Father, where are we?" said one of the figures.

"This is Dracula's Castle, the castle of one of the most powerful vampires in our ancestry, which I've inherited. It's been decided you shall succeed me in taking over this castle. Beware, it is much more than just candles and stones. The castle is a microcosm, a little world in itself, but if you've been accepted in you do not have to tire yourself with the maze inside. Now let us enter." He said as the castles gates opened up by themselves.

As they entered the gates behind them closed while all the lights turned themselves on, in a fast motion, from the start of the gates to a seemingly endless hall.

"This castle is both a technological and supernatural marvel. In it, through thousands of years, we've incorporated electricity and advanced mechanics, as well as being operated with supernatural elements. It is also capable of teleportation. It is a weapon of such danger and potency that many have regarded this castle as a legend."

"But how is it we saw it from the outside?" Xenos stated.

"Surrounding the castle is a force field that only the most powerful of beings can enter, even then the castle exudes an aura of death and fear, so no one dares to come. If wanted we can easily rid the force field, however, I like the peace, without all the unnecessary and weak opponents. All those before me that have inherited this castle turn off the barrier to attract attention from those so-called heroes, vampire slayers, witches, and other useless titles they give themselves. We do this to grow stronger without raiding and killing innocents as that is beneath us, we are not demons. With the weaklings coming here to challenge us we grow stronger with every soul we kill, a vampire's blessing or even curse, Power of Dominance, with every being we kill their soul is then absorbed."

"That makes us grow without limits?."

"Yes, it would not physically but mentally for our bloodline abilities. Now, let's go to find a place to train."

As they walked down the endless hall, they came to a flight of stairs spiraling upwards, walking up they'd come to a bridge that connected two of the spires to each other.

"Let's train here. But we must find you a sword." He said, flicking his finger slightly.

Instantly sharp objects came flying in surrounding the two of them, the blades stood upright while slowly spinning in an orderly fashion.

"These blades are all sentient weapons, they grow stronger with the owner. Though you can use any of them, you cannot will them to match your power, they may be as sharp as a Katana, or as dull as a kitchen knife. Without acceptance on both sides, unity will not be achieved, thereby weakening each other. Now look through and find your match."

"Yes, father."

Looking through the blades he spots a long black blade with a short chain with a broken link at the end that dangles from the base of the hilt, the grip is black wrapped over red, very aesthetically pleasing. The long blade becomes more curved as it nears the tip, with three protrusions along the blunt end of the sword close to its tip.

As he nears the blade a wave of energy that looked like a dark red crescent moon was sent from the top of the blade towards him magnifying in size. Before it reached him Orion stopped it, capturing the wave in his hand, crushing it.

"These blades are one of the most powerful weapons one can have, if it does not accept you then it seems like you aren't meant to be with this blade, do not force it, find another."

Xenos continued looking, trying to find his match spotted a silver blade with a gold hilt. Having a broad, flat, blade, which is a good sharp point and tending to widen perceptibly below the hilt.

"This blade is really flashy," Xenos said.

"Indeed it is" Orion replied.

He resumed, he found another that he liked, a curved blade where the cutting edge of the blade is on the blade’s convex edge, a sickle-like shape so that the part of the blade opposite the handle has a slight hook. Thinking over it he continued looking.

His eyes passed one after another, he really did want the first blade, a black blade with the feeling of darkness looming in it, however, it was not meant to be.

Looking through the blades he saw a deadly dark crimson blade, emanating a sense of death and sadness. The sword was similar to the first however the blade was chipped and seemingly worn-down upon its edge, the handle was black overlapping gray. At the end of the blade were red ribbons.

"Seems like you've found your blade."

"But it's not really useful, as it's pretty broken."

"Despite its appearance, it can easily cut through most objects, the blades jagged appearance does not affect it. The ribbons on the back of the blade come from the blood of the dead while the jagged edge displays the pain it has amassed through thousands of souls it has claimed throughout its use. Hopefully, you can master the art of swordsmanship with it."

As he reached for the blade its hilt shifted into his hand. The blade in his hands had a cold feeling throughout his body, it felt like holding a burden without anywhere to go, a feeling of being alone without anyone to latch onto. As he continued to wallow in the blades sorrow, a hand was felt on his shoulder awakening, Xenos.

"What just happened."

"You were experiencing the weapons nature, as you grow with the blade you'll understand it more and more. Being your first time with this blade you had gotten lost in it, this may happen when you lose your way, your sanity even, but it is a must if one must become stronger. I do not wish to lose you, so it is essential you understand yourself before understanding the blade."

"How do you do that?" Xenos asked.

"Learn about the blade, as you battle with it, power is unlocked, depending on its nature you may even have to die in order to strengthen both yourself and it."

"But if I die how would I even use it?"

"That is the question indeed. However, would you go to such lengths for yourself, even if it isn't needed will you even reach it? At what lengths would you go to for strength? Well, this is useless banter, for now, use the blade."

Holding the sharp sword longer than himself by many times, it was hard. He couldn't move it, only able to nudge it. He thought if it was due to not being strong enough, no it wasn't that, he was plenty strong even able to lift boulders, yet here a mere sword could only sway.

"It's okay, it seems you aren't ready to wield it but it's fine as you've just found it, for now, we will begin sword practice."

With a flick all the blades levitated upwards and flew away from where they came from, disappearing.

"For now we will use wooden swords for practice when you think you are ready for your true weapon will you take it," Orion said as he twitched his finger with two slender wooden sticks appearing.

Taking the wooden sword he felt the weight swaying it around easily, different from the blade he was just holding before.

"Seems like you thought that you are relieved you can use this wooden stick at least. Well, now let me show you some stances and swordplay to memorize and replicate."

After a few hours of swordplay, Xenos then began learning how to fight with his body, martial arts.

"This is enough, it is time we go back."

"Father before we go where are we, not as in the castle, but on the continent."

"This is not something you need to know currently. Now let's go."

Orion placed his hand on Xenos' shoulder, with that they dissipated.

3