Outside
85 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up, he saw Suha in her tiny fairy form laying on his pillow.

"Can't lie she's cute," He said to himself

"Happy to know you're appreciating her adorableness, host."

"Never said she wasn't cute."

Getting up from the bed, he got ready to eat with his parents. After finishing up, Orion said,

"Xenos my boy, me, and your mother will be busy today, so you won't get any training from either of us."

"All right, I will spend my time self-training."

"Make sure you read the books I prepared too, dear!" Eden said while leaving with Orion.

Seeing that they were gone Xenos headed back to his room to get changed before heading outside.

"Hmm what should I wear?" He said looking through his closet.

"What do you wish to wear?" Gwen asked from behind him.

"Something... dark."

"How about this... that... and this too?" Gwen said picking out clothes for Xenos.

"Nice choice, let's get this on then."

Putting on his clothes with the help of Gwen, he had on black colored outer robe, pants, and boots, with black- and red-colored bracers. Inside his robe, he had on a red-colored short-sleeved inner shirt. All bundled together with a white belt sash.

Looking into the mirror he saw himself, mid-length silver hair, powerful crimson eyes, smooth silky skin, and he was about 4 feet and 2 inches in height. Contradictory to his real age of four, he looked more so, like an eight-year-old.

This is because a vampires' physical growth is not the same as humans. The vampires are dead, and no longer have any warmblood circulating throughout their bodies. Vampires are said to be perfect beings. They are described as having smooth and pale skin that is refined like a handcrafted statue. For a vampire, there is no such thing as sagging skin, wrinkles, uneven skin tones, or aging spots that will give away their age. His father an original vampire and mother who was converted into a vampire both look like they are in their mid-twenties. However, from stories his parent tells of their past, his mother has been alive for at least a century, while his father possibly millennia. How do the humans around not realize they are vampires, he does not know. As for death, a vampire is not killed, they can only be destroyed.

Back to his aging, vampires only show the physical signs of aging if they were born a vampire or converted at a very young age. Once they reach their prime age between twenty and thirty, the signs of aging will come to a halt, and their youthful appearance will be frozen in time. For humans changed into a vampire, their skin and appearance are perfected and smoothed out like stone. This process removes any imperfections, wrinkles, uneven skin tones, or age spots that the human would have had.

As he looked at himself in the mirror, Gwen suddenly asked.

"Young Master, are you going somewhere?"

Xenos replied telling her he was just preparing for what he'd wear when taking his potential and class test that's coming up soon.

With that he soon sees Suha flying around. His eyes widened slightly as he turned to Gwen. Seeing her unfazed, he realized something, first asking her.

"Gwen can you see this thing floating around." As he pointed at Suha.

"I don't see anything floating around." She said a bit confused.

'Oh, it seems that no one besides me can see her.' He thought to himself.

"Well Gwen, I think I'm good right now, you should get back to your other work. Thank you."

"Yes I'll be off then Master, just call for me and I will attend you."

"Sounds great."

Seeing her leave, he opened up the balcony. Teleporting out of the castle, with Suha inside his robe pocket. The only reason he hasn't left the castle before was because of Orion setting up a barrier that senses who enters and leaves the castle at a certain radius. But now that he has permission, he can leave. With Eden and Orion giving him a basic understanding of how this world is like, he would be fine.

His family was on the west side of the Human Empire, the CeriseLand Kingdom. This kingdom governed by the Goto family and his family. The Goto family is Akame's family. The CeriseLand Kingdom is the second in size and strength under the Royal Kingdom. With there being countless powers in the Human Empire, and below kingdoms are cities. Besides those there are townships, villages, etc. which hold others, be either due to poverty or being another race. Making it harder to live in cities for them.

With the knowledge he had gotten from both of his parents teaching him, he heads to the closest city by foot, enjoying the scenery of his first time out on his own. On his way, he had to pass through a large forest that covered a part of the Human and Sundry Empire called, 'The Doomed Grounds,' as to signify the number of deaths this forest has taken. Although this was if you are closer to the center of the forest where more powerful beings reside. He, however, was barely in it, with a somewhat large road he was following.

As he was admiring the forestry, and small birds tweeting he started hearing a band of people speaking. He quickly used Shadow Steps and then Hide when on top of a tree.

"It seems like no one is following us."

"Yes, can't wait to test out these new girls."

"Wonder how long they'll last?"

"What about the boys?"

"Isn't there a couple of weird guys who play with them back at base?"

"Yeah, I try not to be anywhere near them, how can they just cut it off and starting cooking it."

"Exactly, I don't know how they enjoy..."

'Seems like these are bandits.' Thinking to himself while watching them from afar.

"Clink, clank, clink, clank..." He heard as several people were walking in a line with shackles on their arms and legs, going forward they followed someone who was holding the start of the line of chains.

'The bandits got some slaves, this is completely different from my old life.'

"Host you've received a new mission."

'Show Missions.'

<Missions>
Free the kidnapped and enslaved alive from the bandit's cave in the outer part of the Doomed Forest.
Reward: 1 BP, 50 EXP.

"A mission to rescue them seems easy enough."

He used Silent Steps and Sonar to follow and track the bandits to their base, branch to branch, a distance away. As he followed he saw that the people shackled weren't only human, he identified demi-humans, with different types of ears, some elves, and others. But the more he looked at them, the more he saw. Some malnourished with bruises. Some that looked like they could fight had cuts and bandages that bleed through. Even with that they were sometimes kicked or punched for being too slow, the others would only look at them with pity, for fear that the same could happen to them.

Xenos who was following behind felt a bit of pity, but this was life in this new world. From what he gathered through books, life was ill in this world, for those without power. He felt a bit of pity for them and contempt for the bandits, excited to kill them.

As he saw the bandits enter a cave which was probably their base, he smelt he putrid odor, it slightly smelled like blood, but had the rotten smell to it, stinking his nose. Looking to the side of the entrance of the cave, he saw a hole. Nearing it the odor grew, holding his nose he got closer, able to see down inside was a pile of dead bodies. Rotten and decaying, a disgusting sight he had never seen before. His stomach slightly turned, and he backed away atop the trees, only to see that there were several more large holes following this one.

'The more I'm here, the angrier I'm getting, better get over this mission.'

As he went back to the tree in front of the cave, he stared at the entrance with scorn. Using Sonar, he detected where and how many people inside the cave.

4