Intrusive Thoughts
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Using Sonar, he detected 57 people inside, with 34 of them in chains. There were 23 bandits in the cave he would need to execute, to rescue the captives. Noticing there was no one guarding the entrance of the cave, he delivered his punishment to these evildoers. Before going in, he thought about doing something.

"Sia, Show Inventory."

<Inventory>
Low Healing Potions x10
Low Mana Potion x5
Dagger (Grade: Low) x1
Black Baggy Clothes x2

"How do I take the items I want?"

"Host, thinking about the item you desire to appear before you, will cause it to appear."

"Simple enough."

As he said that a black baggy cloth appeared in his hands. He quickly covered himself with it and used Disguise to change his facial features looking more mature, he also turned his hair and eyes to black, which was common features to a regular human. With that, he entered the cave.

He heard sobbing and crying along with moans and screams while entering the cave. But he focused on utilizing Shadow Steps when inside he saw that the cave was lit up with torches. He quickly hid in the darkness where the light did not reach, then he used Hide to conceal himself.

Looking around, an abhorrent sight came to his eyes. Several dozen girls whether young or not were chained up and being used like playthings. Blood can be seen as some had hair torn off showing a bleeding scalp, their limbs cut off, even eyes missing, with several cuts and gashes all over. At the back, little boys were being used until they collapsed. The somewhat lucky ones were the grown men at the back, but they seemed to have lost their sanity as well. Xenos seeing this was shocked and disgusted. Then someone spoke aloud. This person was wearing leather gear and steel plates, which seemed to be slightly better gear compared to the other bandits.

"Everyone continue to enjoy yourselves as we've all worked hard and don't break the good ones. Also, make sure the young ones are still sane. Because I know some of you are new, the high-quality ones are for me to have, so do not touch them or you'll have to deal with me."

One of the men said back, "Boss, should we heal the ones that have almost died or throw them into the pits."

Smiling the boss said, "Heal them a bit, we can still make some profit selling them later with the others."

In the darkness, Xenos watched the atrocities currently happening. Although his mother, Eden, had told him this occurs it was much more shocking to see it himself. Despite this, he was still able to somewhat think through all the screaming and crying. Deciding to start his massacre, he whispered silently.

"Suha."

In his hand appeared a dark crimson blade that looked worn out, with a red ribbon dangling from the bottom. Gripping his Katana, he pushed off the walls, leaving the shadows, heading toward two men with a girl in the middle. He decapitated both in a single sweep, with blood spraying from both ends. The two heads stared at him with a fixed, gruesome gaze, as they fell onto the ground. Xenos felt his consciousness slightly fading, as his eyes steadily glowed red through his disguised black eyes.

Before anyone reacted, he swiftly killed ten more bandits in the dimly lit cave. The more he killed, the greater his blood-thirst became.

A bandit quickly yelled out, "Intruder!!!"

All the vermin quickly equipped themselves with weapons, disregarding their clothes.

Slicing another head off, he stared at the remaining garbage.

"Kill him!!!" They all yelled heading towards him.

As they got closer, he teleported behind them and used his Pyrokinesis, lighting them all in flames. With five more remaining at the end of the cave, guarding their boss tightly.

The boss being guarded then said, "That's enough, you five more out of the way, I'll take care of this."

Walking towards Xenos, the Bandit boss sensed that Xenos was seething with a dark aura, along with his eyes glowing red.

Xenos, seeing that the man stopped, got into his stance. With both in stance, they began their clash. Xenos tried to teleport beside the man multiple times to sever his head, but the man somehow knew where he was. As the battle continued Xenos' baggy cloth had blood splattered all over, however the blood came from the cuts seen on the bandit, flowing blood. Both sides grew more aggressive by the second, though Xenos' attacks seemed much more erratic, with no technique, just searching for life to become lifeless. Soon the battle ended with Xenos striking the boss through the heart who had lost his sword and arm in the fight. At that point Xenos had eyes as red as blood, he slowly looked towards the remaining bandits, with his gaze upon them his mouth curled into a venomous sneer and then he blacked out.

Opening his eyes slowly to a faintly lit cave he stared at the ceiling, there he looked at the water dripping off the tips of the stalactites.

All he heard was silence amid the pitter-patter of the drops of water. Getting up, he groaned, his body slightly ached. Looking around, he saw bodies all over the chamber of the cave. Blood flowed from the deceased. He felt disgusted with himself, as there was no one alive. The criminals were gone and the innocent now slain. Only he was left. In his hand was his Katana, the weapon he used to kill. He gripped the handle and threw it away violently, hitting the walls.

With that, he ran out of the cave.

In a meadow, a boy sat atop a tree looking at the greenery in a daze. Holding himself by the knees with his back against the trunk.

"Host your brain is generating serotonin at an all-time low."

"Huh, what does that mean?" Xenos asked a bit gloomy.

"Your brain has accumulated too much tension and needs to release this anxiety. A sad brain generates less serotonin, a neurotransmitter associated with motivation. If you're unable to move on from a period of sadness by making new decisions and accepting what happened, this deficit in serotonin could cause you to suffer from illnesses like depression."

"..."

"Host, crying can relieve this. After you relieve your anxiety, endorphins are released that will make you feel better and more relaxed. So there is no need to suppress your tears."

His eye twitched hearing this and said, "I need not cry, I'm just tired."

"Host, Sia will always be here for you, your depression encourages you to live and learn. Life is never easy, but overcoming sadness and depression helps you to become stronger and lead a more fulfilling life."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine just give me some silence."

After a while, Xenos used Calm to give himself a more serene mind. Seeing all the blood caused him to think about the day his cousins were killed, the day even he nearly died. He continued sitting there, spectating the world around him.

He watched as a cute white rabbit was munching on some clovers. He felt very calm as he saw it being so peaceful. However, a wolf suddenly appeared, tearing it into two, eating on one half with blood dripping from the other. He looked at this with pity for the rabbit. A realization came to Xenos of how the world was, although in his previous world, Earth, this would happen he had never seen it personally. Only through videos and games did he ever see blood. There he didn't think of it as anything more than something to watch. In this world, Titan, life was quite different. Thinking of this, his thoughts continued to trail.

For one's life to be continued, another must be discontinued. Is one life ever more valuable than another? They did not differ from beasts, so what did it matter. He felt he lost something valuable to him. One life can be more valuable than another, but this differs based on whom you are asking the question. Life is no different than the game of chess where the less valuable piece stands forward to protect the more valuable pieces, like a soldier protecting his countrymen from outside threats.
It's defined by Wealth, Power, and Position. If you have these three things your life is more valuable than the other person in this world. Killing people did not matter. What mattered is what his end goal is. What will he attain? And how far would he go?

After a lot of thinking he knew he was not wrong, nor was he right. This would also go for the bandits. They were all living the life they could. With this, he stopped his self-therapy.

"Suha."

3