Vol.1 Ch.2 (test run) | Mana Disaster
27 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was currently sitting by a river I used to play in past. It was one of my favourite spots that I liked to sit and relax. 

There were kids, or rather my friends playing behind me. They asked me to join but I had too many conflicts going on in my mind to care for that.

I felt things...? Sounds wrong, but anyway. I am back in the past? I tried many ways to actually determine if I really was. But I didn't wake up... 

"Hahaha..." I couldn't help but laugh at this situation.

"Did you go crazy?" Bena looked at me strangely. 

"... Uhh. I was just thinking about coincidences."

"What kind?"

"You don't need to worry."

"Really?"

"Yes, believe me." 

Bena, now that I remember, she hid her identity when she was studying but she was the local nobles youngest child. It was just a Baron, nothing fancy. 

Now, that I think about it, was Bena among the people that stuck close to me? I don't really remember.

This area is small village. That even has a noble. And... In 7 years from now... It'll all be destroyed. 

Dravin was the the worlds name, that led the invasion. The invasions of the Dravinians, another worldly race, wiped out this small village. Among them me and a few kids survived due to the sacrifices of the adults. My sister... was among them. 

Can I save this village in 7 years time? 

Simple answer, no. It's impossible. Even if I try my best, I can't do anything. Even before I came back I wasn't anything special. I didn't have anything special.

I was an A rank adventurer but I was in for strategy. I wasn't good in fighting and stopping the invasion is also not possible, since it's century old invasion they are planning.

They will create a void though space connecting our worlds. They were like humans just like us. But they had multiple other races. Unlike them, we had only one race, Humans. 

Even though they had, multiple races, not all were hostile. Such as elves, beastmen etc. Humans were the most hostile to take over our world. 

So, at this point what can I do? 

Run Away.

Yes, nothing else can be done. After running away, I have to find her. She never told where she was before becoming the calamity Witch. But I know a few things that might lead to her. 

I need to stop that incident which leads her to become the Calamity Witch. 

But currently the biggest hassle is convincing my sister to leave this village.

***

"Sis, I'm home!"

"Welcome back! Wash up and I'll ready your dinner."

"Okay."

I went straight to my room. And I was preparing to jump up from my window to the above attic. 

My parents room was above my room. They aren't alive anymore but I'm still grateful to them for leaving us so many things behind for us to leave with comfort. 

From our house to money, everything was arranged perfectly by our parents. Even as commoners, we lead this life due to them. They were researcher and died on an expedition but I honestly have nothing to say regarding this. 

They probably had lots of research materials and mana stones. I can use them to convince my sister to leave this village.

...

..

.

I finally reached the attic to my parents room and got in the room. It was dusty and by no means clean. 

There were things here and there but I still started searching the room.

I found a few amplifier and connectors and other stuff regarding mana. And finally-

"Found it. The mana stones. And even the perfect ones to convince sister."

I was searching for empty mana stones. The ones with no mana in it and it was as clear as glass. 

There were still lots of other things here and there of value but I didn't care and was packing the things needed.

"Calaz, dinner is ready!" And shortly I heard my sister yelling my name. 

I took all of the empty ones and one filled one in the bag I brought and fixed everything up in a hurry. And jumped down from the attic to my room.

"Yes, sis! Coming!"

I unpacked everything up and took a few empty mana stones, an amplifier, a repeater, a connector, a charger and a few other things. 

I took them to the dinning table. My sister was giving me strange stares.

"What are these, Calaz."

"Sis, look I found something interesting in the library a few days ago."

"You and libraries?”

"... Ahem... Sis, focus."

"Ok ok, tell me what is it?” My sister told me, as she gave a me a strange smirk. Why though?

"It's a mana disaster device.” As soon I said it, my sister's expression hardened. 

"Where did you learn it?! And why were you reading things like that!"

She yelled at me. I was... kind of shocked. I looked at her with a saddened expression.

"Ah... Sorry..." She said as she hugged me tightly. 

"Calaz... These are things we should not be involved in. Mom and dad... t-they were involved in these, too. And these were the things that took them away from us. So, please, stay away from these. I can't lose you, too, Calaz."

I... I knew. I knew my sister hated anything regarding, mana research or anything even close to it. But I still needed to do this...

"Still, since you learned something, show it to me. And also, isn't a mana disaster device hard to make? And also where did you find the materials to make it?"

"I bought them.”

"... You have that much money?"

"It's just a few connectors, repeaters and a few empty mana stones. They don't cost much anyway.”

"True, now show me what you wanted to.”

"Yes, look carefully ok?"

"Ok, do it fast, we have to eat."

I started creating a pretty simple mana device. It was a simple device found in a pretty old book in the future named 'Things to be Aware of as an Adventurer'. A must have if you are an adventurer. And it was released before I was even born.

The device wasn't as good as the one's handled by nobles but it was good for adventurers and to find out Void cracks. 

"Here, it's ready and look." 

I put in an empty mana stone and-

"Huh? Why is it filling in so fast?"

"Yeah, that's what I wanted to show you!"

A mana disaster device. It's a device that you can use to find out if there is excessive mana in area. If there is, it'll fill in fast. 

On regular basis, the whole atmosphere has mana but it's not dense enough that it'll fill in a mana stone this fast. 

Before the complete destruction of this village 7 years from now on, this was one of the areas that had an invasion crack. Due to it, we didn't have enough time to retrieve and almost everyone died. 

Now, that I'm back I will take my sister from this place and runaway. I don't care about others, I just want my people to live. 

"Does this mean a mana disaster is going to happen in this area?”

"Yes, sis! So, we should run-”

"We should inform the Baron fast then!"

"Eh?"

"Is this device reusable?"

"Ehh? Ahh... Yeah...?”

"Then let's go to the Baron fast!” She says as she dragged me along...

What?

I thought we would run away? 

Why are you worried about the village more than your own life? 

Why?

TBC-

Hey! Only 1 more chapter till the end of the test run. After that I'll w8 for the response.

Tbh, I really want to continue this series. I got inspiration from a few series but it's still in form of ideas. Also, this series will have a lots of realistic human aspects. Even though it's fantasy and what not. 

So long till next week. <3

3