Vol.1 Ch.3 (test run) | Myself
21 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey, I am extending the test run to 2 more chapters, due to the information not being enough in these few chapters. After that, I'll do a poll and you guys decide.

Note: In descending order, the nobility ranks are: Emperor/Empress, King/Queen, Grand Duke/Grand Duchess, Prince/Princess, Duke/Duchess, Marquess/Marchioness, Earl/Countess, Viscount/Viscountess, and Baron/Baroness

Disclaimer: This chapter contains some actually f**ked up mentality and writing. I do not condone of these kind of behaviours and mentality. These are just the character settings. 

Even before regression I was never the type to help anybody out without something in return, unless they were old, a child or a disabled person. 

Why? 

No rather, why should I?

I didn't care if they are poor or women. If they can work, why should I help you for free? 

That's how the world works, you give somebody something and you take something for it. Doesn't matter how unethical it might seem. Men or women, both stood equal on my eyes. I don't care with what and how, you need to give me something for me to help you, even if you... sell yourself.

***

We were currently in a room of the Baron's mension. It was nothing fancy for noble. 

The Baron, even though is noble, was a citizen favourite. He always heard his people out, helped them if possible and cares about his people. Even though it seemed excessive, it was naturally right, since we gave taxes each year. It's basically an exchange.

After reaching the gate of the mension, my sister told the guards it was urgent and the Baron's butler eventually led us to a room. Now, we were just waiting.

"Sis, after telling them, we should get away from here." I told her seriously. But still-

"..." The only thing she gave me was a strange stare and eyes that seems to... distance itself for me.

"What are you saying, Calaz?. How could you abandon these people?"

"Why should we care about the-"

"Calaz!" She shouted. It was loud filled with sadness and astonishment. 

"These people are the one's, that let us live in this village with so much comfort. Do you really think I could have handled a child from such an early age? They were the ones that helped us so far."

"... But why-"

"Calaz, did I never teach you anything till now?" She asked me with sadness in her black gem like eyes. 

"..." I couldn't reply. I don't... remember. It was so long ago that I almost forgot your face.

"Calaz, humanity itself is such a thing that is expressed by kindness. If people weren't kind, all orphans would be dead now. There would be no such thing as a human without kindness and love." 

"..." 

Does the world really work like that? 

No, it doesn't.

I have seen my fare share of the world. Kindness leads humanity? Then why did the Dravinians, who are also humans invade our world? 

Simple, there was no such thing as an exchange they could do with us. We were simply... too weak. 

Why should you buy an item from a child, if you can just snatch it. That's the kind humanity is. These so called kindness and love is just superficial, in return they expect us to help when they need help. 

Humanity? That's the biggest joke I've heard. 

"-so, as I said. If you favor others they will eventually favor you, too. Okay?"

"... Yes." Again, superficial. I don't need that favor. 

"Also be careful to not to say any of these later in front of anyone."

"Hmm-"

Our talk was broken in the middle, as a fairly young, around 30 years old or so, Baron came to the room.

"Respect to the Baron." My sister said as she was about to kneel, but the Baron swiftly denied it. 

"No need no need. I'm almost like a commoner myself too."

"No, how can it be."

"Don't worry. Anyway, I heard that you had something urgent to say to me, Miss Kikiri?" The Baron's expression turned serious. 

"Yes, my lord. Here."

My sister handed him the contraption I had built at home. 

"? What is this?"

"It's a Mana Disaster Device."

"What...? How did you get your hand on a mana disaster device."

"My Lord, it was built."

"Built? Who is this genius if I may ask?"

"My little brother, my Lord."

"Y-your little brother?" He asked while looking at me with doubt. 

"Yes, my lord. He built it in front of me."

"... Is that so. Seems like he is a one in a century genius."

"Thanks for the praise, my lord. But that is not what I had asked to meet you for."

"... Don't tell me."

"Yes, my lord as you suspect, this device was filling in mana in an empty mana stone..."

"..." Both the Baron and the butler looked troubled. Or rather why wouldn't you be. 

"Are... are you sure this device is accurate."

"I cannot verify that myself, my lord."

"It's okay. We will check it ourselves."

"Yes, let me... Ahh. I-I don't have an empty mana stone..."

"No worries, butler."

"Yes my lord."

As the butler was about to leave, I finally talked and intervened. 

"It's okay. I have some."

"Is that so, then our work will be done much easier, young genius."

Honestly, I cannot say what his real intentions are. Why is he acting so kind. He also said he was almost an commoner himself. 

No noble ever tries to compare, no forget compare, even try to have an audience with a commoner, no matter the rank. Yet, this man...

"Can you give me an empty mana stone then?"

"Ahh, yes." I quickly handed him one of the mana stones in l had. 

He put the mana stone in the empty socket in the contraption. And soon enough mana started filling out in the mana stones. 

It was faster than the one at my house, due to us being in the middle of their village.

And to be honest, if I was in his position, I wouldn't trust it. Rather verify if this was actually correct.

"Well, this seems... problematic..."

He said with a frown on his head. It was an expected reaction. 

I mean what kind of expression will you make the moment you find out you are in the middle of an upcoming mana disaster. 

"Young genius, can I know you name?" My sister looked almost shocked that she had forgotten to introduce me. 

As she was about to introduce me, I intervened-

"Sorry for the late introduction, my lord. My name is Calaz, I am 8 this year." 

Everyone in the room besides me in the room was surprised at my surprising mannerism. But I couldn't care. I have go at it strong if I want to convince my sister to leave. 

"Yes. So, Calaz. Can you tell me how you learned to make this mana disaster device?"

It was an obvious question I knew was coming. Even though my sister didn't go into details because she trusts me, the Baron couldn't. 

"I found it in the school library, my lord. It was from a book named 'Things To Be Aware Of As An Adventurer'. It was also kind of an old book."

"Is that so. Butler, can you bring us that book?"

"Yes, my lord." The butler left to find the book and the Baron quickly refocused on me again. 

"Can you make the device again if I give you the right materials Calaz?"

"Yes, I can." 

"Okay then, can you tell me what you need?"

I gave him a list of everything needed. Even though I had spares of these, they were left at home. My sis, hurriedly brought me here. 

"Okay, wait a bit as I bring along these."

""Okay, my lord."" Both my sister and me said it at the same time. 

The Baron left and soon my sister started questioning me.

"Calaz, where did you learn all this from?"

"All these?"

"You know, the mannerism and stuff."

"From books?" I had prepared the perfect alibi already for everything. I wasn't an A-rank Strategist for nothing. 

"But what about you sis? I've never seen you read books before."

"...was that supposed to insult me? Well, anyway, I learned it from... Mom and Dad."

"Ahh... M-my bad, sis."

"It's okay. Not like you would know."

Right. I didn't know much about my sis anymore. I forgot all of it. It has been that long.  

.. 

And finally the Baron came in with the butler. 

"Here are the book and materials. Before you make the device, can you point out the page to me."

"Sure, my lord." Once again they seemed impressed by my manners and I also see a pair of eyes poking through the gaps of the door. It's her, isn't it?

Even though I said I'll point it out, I don't really remember the page but I knew it was somewhere in the middle. 

No matter how old the book seems, it was too advanced even for this age. It basically told us how to be a good adventurer. 

And finally- 

"Here." I pointed out the page and section. 

"Yes, thanks. Now, can you get to building the device, Calaz?"

"Yes, my lord." I quickly went into building another mana disaster device in front of many people now. 

They seemed impressed at my fast dexterity. I swiftly built the device yet also added some immature mistakes to not make it suspicious. And finally- 

"Here done, my lord."

"Done this fast?. Well, let's check it."

He put a new empty mana stone in the device, one of rather higher quality. 

And there it goes. It was once again filling in faster as time goes. It was filling in way faster than before. It'll probably fill in about a day or so at this rate. 

"This is really concerning. It seems like I have to contact the royal disaster inspectors to come and see. If it's correct then we would have to relocate everyone from here."

Finally. It seems like I'm one step closer to my goal. And now only-

"I guess it's late now. Why not join us for dinner Calaz and Kikiri."

"No, my lord, it's okay. We have already prepared our dinner at home."

"Really? It's a shame. Then, I'll invite you to another dinner after the royal inspectors arrive."

"Thank you my lord. Then we'll be going on."

"Yes, go home safely. Butler, safely escort them out please."

"Yes, my lord"

As we were going along, we saw a little girl trying to hide in the shadows beside the door. 

Yes, it was Bena. She was listening to our conversation. Well, I'll see her tomorrow anyway. 

TBC-

Holy sh*t this chapter was long. My bad guys, for putting in so many info in just one chapter. It feels more like a filler. 

You know what, I'll increase the test run to 2 more chapters. I don't think you guys even understand the main theme r8 now. If I end it r8 now, it'll feel so incompleted. 

Anyway besides that, I hope you guys understood about our ML in this chapter.

I design Calaz to be a selfish character that only cares about himself and only people close to him. It is by no means a mentality you should have. This is just for the plot. 

Anyways, see you guys next week. <3.

4