Vol.1 Ch.5 (test run) | To Our Destination
13 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Important: Test run over! Go to the next chapter to vote in the poll!

"WHY!!! WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SAVE THEM?!"

I was being held by the collar. The person that is holding me by my collar was somebody like me, an A-Rank adventurer. 

"I deemed it unnecessarily."

"What?! What the fuck did you say?!! Say it again you fucker!!!"

"Haaah... Are you deaf or what? I said, It. Was. Unnecessary. Got it?"

"You! You deem a human life unnecessary?"

"Oh, please Khaled. I never said 'Human life'. I said them. By 'them' I meant those guys that died."

"So, what the fuck are you trying to say?! They weren't humans?!"

"Nah, they were definitely humans. But now they are 'dead humans'."

"You...!"

"Khaled...! Stop."

"What do you mean stop, Mikal?! You as an S-Rank adventurer should now the meaning of life more than us!"

"Khaled... My friend, I understand what you are trying to say, but stop holding people at a killing point. He is still out comrade."

"How the fuck can you say this menace is our comrade?! He didn't even try to save his own fucking comrades!"

"Haaah... I... Know. But you should know better than us Khaled, that if our comrades at that point hadn't distracted those Dravinians, none of us would come out alive at this point..."

"Still-"

"For fuck's sake, shut the fuck up, Khaled. How fucking dare you try to hold my collar this long."

"Cala-"

*Bang*

"I said Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Did I not make that clear?" I held Khaled with a choke hold against a wall. 

"First of all, yes, they were definitely my comrade. I agree. I know it was selfish of me. But tell me, if I wasn't there would any of even be alive right now?"

""...""

"Yeah, thought so. Silence is always the best answer."

Yes, I was provoking them now. But I need to. They are taking all this situation for fucking granted. 

"If I didn't bait those 5, those Dravinians would be on our ass instead of killing those 5."

"So, if a situation comes up where you have to sacrifice your loved ones, what'll you do-"

"Sorry but don't take me on your standard. I'll never let those kind ff situation fall on my people."

"Heh, like you'd predict your own future?"

"Yes. Let's say Almost. I cannot accurately predict the future, but I can atleast imagine it, yeah? Unlike you dumbasses! What the fuck did you all say when I said we should figure the situation out more?!"

""...""

"Why the fuck are you silent?! Talk! I said fucking TALK!!!"

""..."" 

"Yeah, fucking thought so. Bunch of fucking dumbasses. We are fighting against the Dravinians. The Dravinians! What do you take this situation as, huh?!"

They could only hang their head low. Bunch of fucking dumbasses.

"What was it again? 'Oh, it'll be fine~. We'll be Okay!' Huh? What fucking 'Okay' does this situation seem like to you?"

"Calaz... Calm down a bit, please."

"Mikal, what did I say back then? I told your dumbasses that we are fighting against other humans. HUMANS! Not fucking monsters like you always do!"

Mikal couldn't say much. As much as he would like to disagree, he couldn't. It was true after all.

"And you! Khaled! How fucking dare you say, I could have saved them. Yes, I could have. I absolutely fucking could have! But then what? We'll all be dead now. And why should I die for your dumbasses!"

"Calaz-" 

"Shut up Mikal! Just listen. I am a temporary member of this party. Nothing I will say have any value. I was here just for this single fucking mission. Just to fucking guide you little fuckers. But look, you are asking me? Me, about why I abandoned them?! It's because I could! And even if I was given a hundred more chances, I would still do the same."

'Tsk, fucking selfish prick.' somebody said in a low voice. But because the room was so quiet, I could clearly hear it.

"Hahahahaha... Yes, I am fucking selfish. What are you gonna do about it? I am selfish because I am alive? What about you? You guys are half-dead already. From 29 of your members, 5 are fucking dead, 8 are injured heavily and while the rest are here with minor injury. Now, tell me. Tell me to my fucking face, that I was wrong!"

Then somebody from the back of the group started talking. I think his name was... Deni? Oh, Veni.

"Yeah, your are a fucking coward aren't you, you mana-less piece of shit."

"Hahahaha... You, Deni or Veni, whatever the fuck your name is. I am this level even though I am mana-less. So, if I am shit what the fuck are you? Batshit? Nah, even batshit has its worth. You are worse off huh?"

"You! You and that witch bitch-"

I quickly threw a dagger at his shoulder. 

"KAAAH!!"

"Calaz?!"

"Hey, you worthless piece of shit. Who the fuck are you calling a bitch, huh? Should I make you bitch now? Should I neuter you like a worthless dog? Then you'll become a bitch, no?"

I was holding another one of my dagger at his crotch. I could see shock, pain and fear in his eyes.

"C-calaz, calm down, o-okay? He just made a mistake. You don't have to go that far."

"That far? Are you fucking deaf? You lot are blaming me from the start and now you are telling me that I am going too far?"

They couldn't look me in the eyes. Even though A-rank was common in this Dravinian's struck era, I was an oddball to begin with. 

Due to my condition of having 'bottomless mana container', I couldn't reach the S-Rank category. Since from S-Rank and on you have to pass a mana test. 

But even then, I was one of the top influencing adventurer. Since, I was in duo party with the Calamity Witch, my words had a certain strength to it that nobody could ignore.

"Listen... No nevermind. You know what? I quit guiding you guys. You worthless shits can die by yourselves."

Like that I left the building. And two months later I got the news that their party was wiped by a group a Dravinians. 

Was I sad? 

No. I don't need to be sad for worthless people like that.

***

"-az! -laz!! Calaz!"

"Huh? W-what?"

"Help me..."

"With?"

"This!"

Bena woke me up. We were in a moving cart heading to the Royal capital.

So, did I accept that offer from Themas? 

No. 

But it seems like his reach is far beyond what I can think of. 

Currently almost all of the residents of the village were moving to a region behind the Royal Capital. It was not far from the capital at all. And it also seemed to have lot's of human interaction. 

The Baron will still be assigned to rule over us and he also seemed to be getting promoted. 

So, yes. We are moving with the villagers. But what am I doing by sitting by the Baron's daughter? Well, I'd like to know that too. 

"Come on Bena, don't disturb Calaz while he is sleeping."

"But mom, Calaz is the top student in our whole school. I must get everything out of him while I still can!"

Damn... Even kids these days have ulterior motives, huh?

We were sitting in one of the rather luxurious carts. The Baron's daughter and wife invited both me and my sister. So, we or rather I was reluctantly riding with this annoying brat... 

Focusing elsewhere, I'm having these... weird flashback type memories. It's so random. These past two weeks, I had flashbacks every single day. This one was one of the critical one's. 

Back then a lot of adventurers that have hunted S-Rank monsters or so, turned around and said they'll also participate in the Dravinians experience group. To simply say, it was a disaster. 

Hunting monsters and the Dravinians were two different things. 

I was a lot of the times put to guide these kinds of shifted groups, and rather the high ranking ones. Well, let's just say the results weren't great. After the over 70% casualty, the Adventurers Guild Union decided to create two divisions of adventurers. 

One was the Monster Hunting Adventurers (MHA) and the other was the Other World Hunters (OWH). And I was a part of OWH and an A rank at that. 

The group from my memory was actually quite an influential one. Since they had defeated so many S rank monsters, everyone had high expectations for them to be that good with the Dravinians too. 

But they were disastrous. Within just two months the whole group was wiped out. 

Well, at this point I don't know what's in future but I have to keep heading there. I need to find answers as to why I came back. 

But for now... let's relax a bit with my family and friend.

*6 & a half Years Later*

6 A.M in the morning. Like always it was a day with bright and natural energy. To everyone else besides a few, this scene and energy means nothing. But for me, it's my only source of energy. 

For the past six and a half year, I have been practicing 'the Nature Qi Absorption Arts'. To most people in the world it's nothing, since mana can easily overpower Qi. 

But for me, who has the 'bottomless mana pool' condition, this is a kind of iffy substitution. 

Unlike mana, Qi stays within my meridians and circulates within and slowly expands it. So, there was no harm. 

" Haaah.... It's near."

Only a month left till the first crack. I hope everything goes according to how it went in the past. 

I'm also going to be 15 in a few days. As soon as the invasion begins, I have to start the second part of my plan. I have to find her before she goes 'there'. 

"Well, let's get ready."

For the past six years, I have been studying once again. It was too boring, but I have to bear with it. 

Even though Themas invited me to his operation unit too many times, I rejected all. 

My sister also got in the academy to learn regarding mana. Yes, she has talent regarding mana. 

In my last life, she had always held back because of me. But since she saw me being able to take care of myself, she started caring about herself a bit more. 

I heard she had one of the highest Mana sensitivity ever. 

Well, I was the opposite. I got no mana sensitivity, so I wasn't even in consideration of the Mage department. 

.. 

"Hey, Calaz!"

"Bena, good morning."

"Good morning! As always, you look so grumpy."

"... I am just thinking."

"You always think though."

As always my banter with Bena continues. The Baron was promoted to a Count. A rather big jump to be honest. 

I heard he was of rather royal blood that's why they felt comfortable giving such a big promotion. 

"Hey! Do wanna do a mission together?"

"No."

"Why not?! We are both E-rank anyway!"

"I am C-rank."

"What?! When???"

"Just a few days ago."

Yes, we could be an adventurer even as teenageers. Obviously there are some conditions, as in recommendations from a noble or being a high rank student in the academy. For my case, it was the later. 

"When did you do missions?"

"I didn't."

"Huh? Then how-"

"Adventure rank challenge. That's how."

"Huh? Don't you then have to challange a B-rank to be promoted to C-rank then?"

I just balnkly stared at her. 

"Y-you did?!"

"Can you please stop shouting so much."

"No, not possible! Who wouldn't be shocked that a little kid in his teens managed to beat a B-rank?!"

"Me."

"You... are just a different breed of human. Haaaah..."

I already have everything prepared. My adventurer card, my tools and needs to go on a journey now. 

I just have to wait for the invasion. When the first crack happens, I'll slip out and head towards her...

* 1 Month Later*

More than a month has passed. I don't remember when the invasion begins, but I'm more than sure it'll begin any moment. 

I have already prepared everything to slip out. I just hope, Kiri won't be too mad when I come back...

"Haaahhh...."

Brrr....

*BRRRRRRR*

"It's happening. Finally." I headed out and stared at the sky. 

Even though it was just the evening, the sky had turned red. And three white pillar of light was being emitted. 

One was coming from the location of our previous village, one beyond the continent of the Empire and one more just on the border of the Empire, in a ruin.   

"It's time."

I went back to my room and wore a black robe with hood and a mask with my bag on my back. 

Using my swift movement art, I was already out of the house and was the edge of the city gate. 

"... I won't be late... I swear Kiri. Just wait for a bit, please."

And I walked of the gate while the guards were looking elsewhere.

TBC-

Hey, there lads! 

Test run over! Now time for voting and feedback. 

Before the voting begins, let me say this. Even if the series doesn't get much feedback, it'll continue on later but much slower. 

I'm not dropping any of series or anything. It's just that the focus won't be there.

So, yeah, let me know in the next chapter (notice). 

Bye! Cya soon. <3

3