Chapter 22: Theatrical Release
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The MPAA members rated Home Alone quite leisurely and judged its doomed fate. Playing with a company that plans to take a share of their cake would not face a good fate.

The Disney member in their midst even wanted to get the movie for dirt cheap when the company crushing is complete.

In the files, handed along with the movie copy, 300,000 dollars was the reported budget of the film. The Disney member's cheapskate mentality was seriously flawed to not take the deal there and there.

Some might have seen potential from it but they only thought it was a whimsy project from an indulgent old man. Which is exactly what Sullivan hoped they would think.

Along with the reported production budget, Sullivan added his 'heartfelt' notes about the importance of the film to his cute grandson.

Saying that a rated movie gift would lift his mourning spirit after the passing of his parents. The cunning old man, even specifically mentioned that releasing it in theaters is due to the persuasion of his friend.

He only hopes that his grandson is happy from starring in a rated movie. The theater release is just icing on the cake to thaw the coldness of the boy's heart.

Sullivan's poetic pity plea must have been extremely persuasive or the people on the committee must have drained their brain juices from watching too many movies.

It got into the sights of the majors but did not warrant much attention. In the original timeline, Warner passed off the project to Fox due to production being over budget and having not much confidence in the prospects of the film.

History seems to be negligent to Home Alone until it broke Guinness and the perception of the industry.

-------

In the end, Home Alone got an acceptable rating as a slapstick comedy for the Creeds.

"Finally, my kind-hearted grandpa persona worked! Using your true character into tricking people is incredibly guilt-free." This was Sullivan's victorious celebratory hurrah while Alexander who was not that far away could only shrug at the weirdness.

When all was official, Sullivan got into business overdrive and Alexander was back to idleness again.

The old man was adamant about his surprise that the little boy could only go back to doing routine stuff.

Jogging, school, peeking into Sullivan's secret during afterschool, and re-remembering programs.

Added into the mix of all that was his school notes being filled up. It was not about school lectures and math formulas but it carried sketches and story notes.

Contrary to his mother's talent in the field, Alexander was just at the level of a crappy stickman.

Drawing takes time to master but that subject would be expanded upon in due time.

------

Just a few weeks after the PG-13 rating was marked for Home Alone, the 16th of November came along.

Alexander and Sullivan arrived at the nearest cinema to their house. Without much suspense, the glaring Home Alone title on the title board was the reason for their visit.

"You really did it, grandpa." This was the only thing that he could say. "The only mystery left is how you did it and if the movie would be able to pull in audiences."

"Haha! Let's leave the mystery and box office numbers for later." Old Creed laughed and said. "Your movie is showing at the theaters. At least, be happy and excited like any other normal kid would."

"I'm not a normal kid, aren't I?!" The boy shrugged but there was still excitement reflected in his eyes that couldn't be hidden.

Old Sullivan was too manly to shed tears but his grandson's childly excitement was gratifying for him.

Contrary to those assumptions, 'childly' does not fit Alexander's thoughts at that moment.

He was excited to finally take a step into making a mark in the world and the dollars hoarded from the movie should be enough to jumpstart the operation.

Granted, Sullivan's theater release method would leave them enough money. Given the old man's roots, losing profits would be unlikely.

Deeper down in Alexander's thought pool, the strain that was washed away by his day-to-day activities resurfaced.

The gambling part of the movie business is already underway. No amount of future foresight and preparedness could predict the moviegoers' fancy.

"Would a Kevin that is shown two years ahead of time still deploy a miracle?" This was Alexander's inaudible whisper to himself. His grandfather's marketing of the film is the only gauging criterion at this point.

--------

The duo ordered tickets for Home Alone and disregarded their competition.

The performance of Ernest Saves Christmas and Child's Play is the least of their worries as they move forward in the industry.

They were just here to enjoy and admire their work like any other creator would.

Inside the auditorium for Home Alone, sparse seats were filled indicating the film's lack of momentum.

It was a bad sign but the people occupying the seats were familiar people.

"Hi, guys!" Miss Megan was the first to greet the duo and the rest of those available followed suit.

The entire group talked and was excited by the chance of having a movie they are part of to be shown in theaters.

Most of the cast couldn't make it due to their distance and Thanksgiving coming up but most of the San Fernandians of the film crew were mostly here.

There was no red carpet treatment or being interviewed by reporters, however, they were still excited.

All the while on set and even now, they were duped into thinking that it was the Creed's passion project.

When Sullivan personally called to inform them that he 'reluctantly' pushed himself to fight and win a theatrical screening, their blood metaphorically boiled.

Theatrical release, no matter how small the box office it may gain, was still a step up for their middling career in the erotica hub.

Even Miss Megan, who was previously unemployed by regular filmmakers, can now join as a side character after improving her resume with five shoddy movies under her belt.

When a theatrical release is updated on that resume, formal brokers would come knocking on her door and essentially upgrade her already improved career.

Their little talks and excited huddle eventually stopped when all the ubiquitous cinema advertisements were losing stream and the lights dimmed further.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0