Chapter 27: Neutral
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander, who listened to his grandfather's oversimplification of the complicated, had his jaws metaphorically dropping to the floor.

His grandfather was too crazy and radical in his tricks that it just worked.

As a man of the future, he could say that Sullivan consolidated, interconnected, and founded the offline version of Pornhub. Minus the slutty content and kept the manpower behind it.

Then, he was slowly transforming Pornhub into something more acceptable and invasive like Netflix.

Keeping into his tradition of being a cheapskate and money saver, he tricked the people into working mostly for dirt cheap by saying that the success of Home Alone is their test and failing meant returning to their old porn ways.

The domestic branch and overseas branch would then be established by weeding the weak points, assisting the strong points, and diversifying their assets.

Creed Distributions would then be prim and proper. The only way for that distribution company to fail is when Creed Films fail in their productions.

Even when Creed Films and their film productions would fail, Sullivan has already introduced a failsafe that the North American distribution companies are weak on- distributing films put together by foreign film productions.

It is impossible to earn money in xenophobic North America but if the branches keep their reach localized, everything should be good.

Sullivan needs to entrust and train capable branch managers for that matter but it is already better than what the others are gunning for.

Hollywood and the MPAA are gunning for their produced films to dominate the world and weaken foreign film industries. It is a matter of company pride and the US Government's clever ploy to assert its dominance and power through a disguised cultural invasion.

Movies that make villains of hostile foreign countries are politically correct films that are accepted by the masses and given a thumbs up by the government.

When Hollywood films are the best in the eyes of the world's moviegoers, then their association with America would subtly tilt foreign thoughts into agreeing with them. Hence, heavily accented mobs, turbaned terrorists, and all the villain stereotypes became prevalent in movies glorified as classics.

Creed Films would follow suit in the Hollywood wave while Creed Distributions would make side money from the local aspirations of talented but oppressed filmmakers.

------

Sullivan disclosed all of his ideas to Alexander and the impressed boy absorbed it all like an efficient sponge. There was no wastage and the sponge held all of the water in place and with integrity.

Alexander had long been exposed to Sullivan's management mentality and discussing the future and discrepancies of Creed Distributions engaged him in all of those teachings.

When Alexander was adding up possible improvements to efficiency and communications like the prospects of computers and an interlinked wireless network, Sullivan knew that the boy was nearing his level and has the foresight to go further than it.

As Alexander talked about introducing product marketers into the Distributions group and the strategic priority of the toy and game industry, Sullivan found another breakthrough point for the entertainment business.

When peripherals and toys are in the need of marketing, his clothing origins just need to tilt a bit to cope with marketing to children and moviegoers.

The Creeds fervently exchanged their plans to route their companies' developments. If they've planned out Kevin McAllister's exciting arcs for just about a month or so, charting out their goals for a synergistic group of companies under their family name would probably take a while.

-------

All the while the duo are laying out the groundwork for their little business regime, Home Alone is still raging around cinemas and society.

The crowd of Thanksgiving celebrants found their family-oriented movie and flocked to it. The defacto Creed Distributions had calls from other snobby theater lines from the pre-Home Alone explosion and was hoping to show it on their screens.

Poor managers in their ticketing booths were flooded with scolding from curious citizens that want to know what is so special about Kevin.

With prepared projection copies on standby, the 1,200 screens for Kevin McAllister expanded to 1,500.

The curiosity became a craze and the lucky high point from the first week was just the start.

By this time, the majors and their smear propaganda were supposed to do their work but the overseas prospect of the film would be affected if they rashly dive into things.

The Creeds were too elusive for their taste and discussion for the overseas release was stalled.

All the majors were at an impasse and remained neutral. No matter how they want to destroy Home Alone's image and give breathing room to their suppressed film, they also want the film to succeed and impact the overseas Christmas season with it.

The audience's unabashed A grade for the film was a big sign that the conservative foreigners would have their holidays disturbed as well.

Disney was the one with the most fervor in hoping to snipe the overseas contract and trick Creed Films into relinquishing the sequel rights.

Their children-oriented philosophy just fits well with the theme of the movie. It has violence but is funny enough for the children and parents to not notice.

What Disney can think of, the others can as well. The series potential of Kevin is too great to pass on.

Growing 300,000 into millions within five days is enough to tell them that.

And so, with the Creeds being slippery and coincidentally taking the seas for a fishing trip and a fish-filled Thanksgiving celebration, they could only wait.

All of them bided their time and before they knew it, Thanksgiving vacation was over and the November page was already taken down to welcome the December calendar page.

With critics at bay and disparaging articles being few and abysmal, the enthusiasm of curious and un-influenced Americans exploded.

When the total Home Alone box office pushed to 105 million dollars, the studios and business-savvy folk found the early arrival of the Saturnalia miracle.

By this time, the Creeds had already returned from their weeks-long fishing trip and were registered under the radar of their competitors.

With family-scorning Kevin detonating the Thanksgiving period, Christmas celebrating Kevin would surely dominate the entire Christmas season.

Unfortunately for the overseas film distribution departments of the major studios, bad news arrived.

Home Alone was already screening in foreign countries and it won't be long before it scored big.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0